SM UU Doggo's Destruction

Hello everyone! This is my first RMT in a long while and I wanted to get back into UU because it is my favorite tier and used to be really good at it. I also decided to use and create this new account to kind of restart my showdown career. I wanted to make a team for the M-Latias suspect test and thought testing it on the ladder and playing with it could be a really cool way to start back up and get back into UU.The name for the team is pretty obvious because the two Pokemon I wanted to build around are doggos. So without any more of an introduction, let's get into it.

This team is really designed to let Raikou, Zygarde-10%, or Scizor to sweep. M-Altaria is on this team to mainly wall break and be a bulky annoyance that can switch in to certain threats due to its really good typing and roost off most of the damage it switches into and do it all over again. Finally, the defensive core I went with is Mantine and Hippopowdon because Mantine's two weakness can be stopped by Hippo and they also have the Stealth Rock/Defog synergy that I wanted out of my last two Pokemon.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

I decided to start with Raikou, [1] I looked at the metagame and realized that a lot of toxic Pokemon are running around that are Sp.Attackers and sub/calm mind Raikou sets up on almost all of them. [2] With its speed, it is easily able to outspeed, set up, and sweep most teams with Bolt/Beam coverage. These Pokemon include stuff like Rotom-W, Amoongus, Alolamoloa, Mantine, Tentacruel, Togekiss, Magneton, etc. [3] This Pokemon destroys offensive non-scarfers with its speed and natural Sp.Attack stat, plus it also deals with most bulky mons because of sub/calm mind.

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

I decided to add this Pokemon to [1] Help deal with some of the things that wall and prevent Raikou from sweeping such as Blissey and M-Latias mainly, Outrage 2HKOs standard Blissey and has an extremely high chance to 1HKO M-Latias after Stealth Rock. [2] This Pokemon is an amazing wall breaker that doesn't need set up because of its amazing speed and decent attack stat. Out speeding base 110 and below non-scarfers and since Thousand Arrows hits everything, with a Choice Band, it is a powerful and spammable move that deals with a lot of Pokemon in UU. [3] I also needed a priority Pokemon on my team for any just-in-case circumstances and with Choice Band-Extreme Speed it helps revenge kill any low Pokemon that might try to come back and get a knockout. Stone edge is just for Ground/Rock coverage. [4] Finally this Pokemon helps deal with Steel-types that wall the next Pokemon, Scizor, Like M-Aggron and Cobalion.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Looking at the last two Pokemon, two major weaknesses show up. [1] I added this Pokemon to help check Mamoswine with Life Orb-Bullet Punch. [2] Another weakness is grass types such as Celebi and bulky fairy types like Sylveon. [3] I already had a special setup-sweeper and now I wanted a physical setup-sweeper. I decided to once again run a standard set of Scizor's that can sweep and outspeed walls such as defensive Rotom-W and defensive Gliscor.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Roost

I still needed a Mega Pokemon that was also a Sp.Attacker to complete the balance of 2 special Pokemon and 2 physical with a setup sweeper of each. [1] I went with this Pokemon because of its amazing defensive typing and bulk. [2] I also like mixed M-Altaria because Hyper voice and Earthquake coverage is great because it helps deal with poison types and Flamethrower is there to deal with Scizor because M-Altaria can survive a Bullet Punch and kill it.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Now I needed a defensive core that can get setup/remove Stealth Rocks. [1] This Pokemon has really good defensive typing and synergies amazing with the rest of team being able to switch in on Earthquake and switches into offensive water types like Primarina and M-Sharpedo. [2] This is why I decided to go full Defensive and because its Sp.Defense is already amazing and I needed help dealing with some Pokemon still like Mamoswine and Scizor. [3] The set is pretty standard with Toxic to help deal with setup Pokemon like M-Latias.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Finally [1] I wanted a ground type to switch into electric types that might trouble Mantine like Raikou and M-Manectic. [2] This Pokemon also has Stealth Rocks which I really needed on this team to pick up some important KOs. [3] I chose this Pokemon over Gliscor because of Whirlwind, the ability to help deal with setup Pokemon again is really nice and having triple flying types left me extremely vulnerable to Bolt/Beam coverage.

In conclusion, you should really be looking to sweep with one of the first three Pokemon. You really need Stealth Rocks to help sweep with this team. This team does take some getting used to but it really pays off having multiple ways to sweep late game and is really fun. This team is really multy layered so there are multiple ways to win just keep in mind and track all your win conditions. Thank you for reading and any help with the team or improvements you can think of would be helpful. :]

Blissey/Gliscor- This core can be broken down by the team, but if played well can pose a real issue if you don't play it almost perfectly.

Mamoswine- Even though there are checks to this Pokemon on this team, there is almost no switch into it if its max speed with Life Orb. Every time it comes in it will probably pick up a KO.

Celebi- Nasty Plot with HP Fire can also sweep this team if not played right. Giga Drain, with Psychic, and HP Fire can sweep you.

If you're interested
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 153-180 (43.2 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 254-300 (83.8 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Altaria-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 200-236 (48.3 - 57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 532-628 (128.5 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 289-341 (95.3 - 112.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Pixilate Altaria-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 150-177 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey mate, just a preliminary rate whilst I'm on my break at work! I've noticed that you don't utilise a Z move user on this team. I think s bulky variant of Scizor with Fightinium Z + Superpower could really work here. This would give you a sturdier switch in to Mamoswine, as well as a good answer to opposing bulky Scizor. I will give a better rate once I finish work! For an idea of the set in question please have a look at Pearl's RMT in team showcase!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, the team looks really nice! It over all covers most of the metagame pretty nicely. I have a few improvement that might help you against the mentioned threats.

As pokemon sparrow mentioned earlier, your team doesn't utilize a Z-move user.

• Psychium Z > Leftovers and Extrasensory > Substitute on Raikou seems better over all. This decision was tough to make because Psychium Z is rarely seen, and either Ghostium Z and Normalium Z are usually better. In this case, however, Psychium Z lets you lure Amoonguss, which looks like a pain for your team to break. It also lets you OHKO Mamoswine at +1, which seems like a cool lure, and get a decent chunk on Hippowdon. Altaria-Mega usually takes advantage of Latias anyway and Latias-Mega is banned, so there's little to worry about that.
You mentioned a weakness to stall...
  • Gliscor > Scizor will help you a lot against the matchup against defensive teams in general. The set I chose is the Toxic Stallbreaker set because I think it has a very good niche on your team, as it can badly poison and shut down stall teams, which also helps Zygarde-10% and Altaria-Mega.
Now that you lost a set-up sweeper...
  • Bulky Dragon Dance > Bulky Special Attacker on Altaria-Mega sounds really good. It abuses the presence of Celebi and Latias by Dragon Dancing up on it (be wary of the rare Shattered Psyche sets) and also pairs well with Gliscor, further helping the matchup against defensive teams. Not only that, it helps a ton in case the team members are statused, with Heal Bell.
These are the main changes, a few minor changes are:
  • A mixed defensive spread on Hippowdon to help against Manectric-Mega and opposing Raikou.
  • Toxic > Stone Edge on Zygarde-10% because Stone Edge doesn't really hit anything; Thousand Arrows already deals with foes who are above the ground. Toxic lets you put physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Slowbro, on a timer.
Regarding Mamoswine; I did some testing with the team with my changes it could be played around that using Z-Extrasensory as a lure and Mantine counters non-Freeze Dry Mamoswine while at full, not counting flinches. Gliscor does makes your Mamoswine matchup harder, but it does help you against the mentioned weakness to stall.

Here is a replay where I used your team and my opponent had Blissey + Gliscor: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-657546461

Raikou @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Extrasensory

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Toxic

Feel free to PM/VM me in case you got any further questions and I hope this rate helped you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)