Digimon discussion thread BEWARE SPOILERS

So this announcement has been up for a while but ,me being the nub that I am, only just now found out about it. In case you don't know, this is the next Digimon series celebrating the 15th anniversary of Digimon. It's the sequel to 02 and focuses on the original 01 gang in high school(with TK and Kari being in middle school and Joe likely being at university) and it's worth mentioning that Tai is now 17, meaning it takes place 3 years after the events of Adventure 02. It's also worth noting that the characters in 02(Davis,Yolei,Cody,and Ken) have not been alluded to nor hinted nor shown so whether or not they'll return is up for debate and speculation.
Now that I look at this pic, I noticed that Sora and Kari have the same face with different hair :[
EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to mention, this comes out in Spring 2015 in Japan. Get hyped

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's not the characters that distinguished 01 from 02, it was the creator, Akiyoshi Hongo. This is just gonna be 02 again.

It's not the characters that distinguished 01 from 02, it was the creator, Akiyoshi Hongo. This is just gonna be 02 again.
I didn't mind 02 that much. It has quite a bit more flaws than 01 but it was decent. The new characters were annoying, it had poor planning,and Myotismon still being alive after what happened in 01 made no sense, however it was still decent. I just hope those issues are fixed

So this is a sequel to the original 2? I might actually watch this, after all those others started I pretty much gave up and lost interest, but a new one with the original 2 gangs would be fun.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
afaik they are retconning 2 which is fucking awesome but then it will probably end up being 02 again so rip

I don't see why everyone hates 02. It was pretty good imo. It has its flaws but that doesn't mean it was bad .-. But hey different strokes for different folks I guess

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i loved 02 so.....! it was mostly based on the new characters interacting with the 01 group though, so i'm glad to see the original crew back. i'd still love to see davis and the 02 original characters, as well.

i'm really excited for this series since i never really got into it after 01/02

RODAN

Banned deucer.
i loved 02 so.....! it was mostly based on the new characters interacting with the 01 group though, so i'm glad to see the original crew back. i'd still love to see davis and the 02 original characters, as well.

i'm really excited for this series since i never really got into it after 01/02
ur missin out, tamers is by far the best digimon soeason ;-;

ur missin out, tamers is by far the best digimon soeason ;-;
Honestly, I think Data Squad was my favorite for one reason only:

Aside from v's complaint about the noodle cart, what did people find wrong with 02? While I'm not a huge fan of 02 per say (though I did think Flamedramon was pretty rad) I can't really say there was anything wrong with it.
Either way, I am looking forward to this if only because I though season 3 was meh and season 4 was outright bad. Seriously, did anyone hating on 02 actually watch 04?

Honestly, I think Data Squad was my favorite for one reason only:

Aside from v's complaint about the noodle cart, what did people find wrong with 02? While I'm not a huge fan of 02 per say (though I did think Flamedramon was pretty rad) I can't really say there was anything wrong with it.
Either way, I am looking forward to this if only because I though season 3 was meh and season 4 was outright bad. Seriously, did anyone hating on 02 actually watch 04?
Minor nitpick but season 3 onward isn't the same universe so the 03 and 04 don't exist. Also, I thought 02 was pretty good but some complaints are justified but 02 wasn't THAT bad. Although I haven't watched beyond 02 so I can't comment on Frontier sucking or not

Minor nitpick but season 3 onward isn't the same universe so the 03 and 04 don't exist. Also, I thought 02 was pretty good but some complaints are justified but 02 wasn't THAT bad. Although I haven't watched beyond 02 so I can't comment on Frontier sucking or not
Sorry, I didn't know the numbering was based on universe. I'll be more careful with my syntax going forward. As for Frontier, I just hated the fact that there weren't any partner Digimon, which I always thought was half the fun of the series.

Sorry, I didn't know the numbering was based on universe. I'll be more careful with my syntax going forward. As for Frontier, I just hated the fact that there weren't any partner Digimon, which I always thought was half the fun of the series.
The numbering was only there to signify that 02 is a sequel. But yeah I can agree to your point on the partner Digimon. I love the relationship between them and their DigiDestned. To me it's more significant than a Pokemon's relationship to its trainer because in Digimon they're actually friends, not battling tools

it's been many years since i last watched digimon but i remember hating 02 with a passion. it started pretty good actually, but the characters started acting like idiots and urrr i can't kill this digimon who is obviously evil and trying to shred me and my friends to ribbons because reasons urrr. myotismon revival was stupid too and don't get me started on that fucking black wargreymon. these stood out for me but here were probably more stuff i was mad about.

i watched tamers and didn't like it but i still thought it was better than 02.

then again, that was the early teens me, i should definitely rewatch 01 and 02 for fairness sake.

i'm thrilled for this new season, if nothing else but for nostalgia's sake. i plan on having a good time carefreely watching it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I am actually pretty excited about this. I hope they made the characters look a bit more different than the image in OP implies. Sora looking like Kari is a bit weird. I really enjoyed Adventure, and some of Adventure 2 as well, shame it went a bit sideways near the end and didnt have the awesome conclusion o1 did.

I just hope they get some of the original voice actors back. I can't wait to see if their partners have "aged" too, alongside them.

This is coming out soon. Really hyped. Although I hope Kari or Sora is redesigned because their designs are really awkward because of how they look exactly the same except the hair. Anyone got any new details on this? It's supposed to come out in April

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
oh man even the opening theme is a V2 of the original one...

The nostalgia is too much to handle.

I hope it will be better than Xros Wars, Frontier or Hunters...I don't want another Hunters and the only reason to watch it was to see the main characters from the better Digimon series again.

Digimon Data Squad was great the moment Kurata was introducted. I would argue that this guy is so far the best villain in Digimon ever or even one of the best written villains in anime history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)