Delphox Special Wall Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
With generation 6 came a slew of new Pokemon. Some of the most popular of these new creatures were the starter Pokemon. Fennekin became my favorite starter Pokemon ever and I have been trying to find a use for Delphox ever since. I tried using it as a special attacker before but that wasn't great. I practically gave up on the thing until I looked at my current team and realized that with the typings that I had delphox would be perfect but I needed a tanky Pokemon. Looking over Delphox's stats again I realized that it could be a good special wall, especially when holding Assault Vest. Final product:

Delphox, Assault Vest
252 HP 252 SpDef 6 SpAtk
Calm (-atk, +spdef)

-Fire Blast
Great STAB move, small chance to burn. It is a little inaccurate but Delphox needs all the power it can get due to its lack of evs in SpAtk.

-Shadow Ball
Powerful coverage move with a chance to lower the opponent's special defense. If it does get the bonus, Delphox can hit even harder next turn. Deals with the now banned Aegislash, but it also takes care of Gengar and Mega Kazam among others.

Psyshock
-STAB and the fact that it makes Delphox work as a mixed attacker. Delphox's regular attack is junk and its special attack is decent, even without investment it can still dish out damage. Use this move when you know the opponent has poor physical defense or STAB and type advantage come into play.

Grass Knot
-You know what big, bulky, Water Pokemon, that can kill Delphox, hate? Grass Knot. Not only is this move great type coverage, it can potentially one shot Delphox's biggest weaknesses.

So there you have it. This is my Special Wall Delphox.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, welcome to Smogon/rarelyused! First of all, it's against the rules to make threads about individual pokemon as stated in the rules thread that you should take a look at.

Second of all, Delphox is a bad user of Assault Vest because it has better items to hold such as Life Orb, Choice Specs, and Choice Scarf. In addition to that, Delphox is primarily an offensive Pokemon and usually used as a wallbreaker or a special sweeper, not a tank, because that is what it excels at. I suggest taking a look at the Delphox analysis to get an idea of how to use it, and the article Molk wrote about Assault Vest and its uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)