Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Endure
Set up Swords Dance and we're good to go. If a faster Pokemon like Latios switches in you don't have to switch out, Endure Salace Berry would give it +1 Speed and you'll be able to outspeed it. Something with priority moves, then you can just use Endure again (works like Protect so not on consecutive turns) and get a free hit but with these moves it doesn't have room for any other coverage so gotta use it carefully.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Mold Breaker is huge in Dancerbility, the attacks of the user do not get copied against the abilities it ignores [which I earlier thought was a bug; later urkerab corrected me] so Pokemon with the ability Mold Breaker and Teravolt don't have to worry about that while the moves will still get copied against abilities like Rough Skin where Mold Breaker still interacts with the opposing Pokemon's ability

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Weak Armor acts like Swift Swim for it now and it doesn't need to get Rain support now and at the same time it can copy back the incoming moves and with Swords Dance up it'll do a lot of damage. Rock Slide is preferred for accuracy as it'll be strong enough, Aqua Jet to pick off weakened Pokemon and outpace other priority and Jolly nature if you want to outspeed other Kabutops

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep / U-Turn
- Swords Dance

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Zoroark is really good, it can be disguised as Garchomp or Kecleon to scare the opponent and leave them puzzled until Illusion breaks [also copies the attack which breaks it], it can easily setup and then proceed to attack. Go for Dark Pulse instead of Night Daze if some other Pokemon in your team learns that.

Oh, and f̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶i̶l̶, poison touch, thick fat and magician aren't here, should they?
And tangled feet doesn't make any sense since it gains boosts when its confused (and Its probably banned anyway).
Apart from these I think Leaf Guard and Hydration should be there as well [Should copy back status inflicting moves under weather] and Thick Fat doesn't trigger the ability message so it should probably not be there.

Lastly, the in battle example stated in the OP :p
[replay]rom-gen7dancerability-89819[/replay]​

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Dancer doesn't work if you're asleep/frozen/flinched. So, assuming the mechanics follow those of Dancer, then that's not going to work, sorry.
if this is the case, then im assuming comatose wouldn't activate dancer then? because comatose treats the user as if its permanently asleep. down to the specifics (sleep talk/snore working, rest failing, etc) id assume other attributes that stop when asleep would apply to comatose too.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Some theorymon here:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

If Dark Pulse is common, then Keldeo can be dangerous after Dark Pulse hits. Could be used as CM setter too I guess.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Some theorymon here:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

If Dark Pulse is common, then Keldeo can be dangerous after Dark Pulse hits. Could be used as CM setter too I guess.
My main problem with this set is that most mons using Dark coverage are either Dark type or Fighting type, and as such resist the return Dark Pulse.

What I like about it is that it resists all its moves that are likely to be reflected except hp Electric and as such doesn't care that much about them.

Does berserk not work?
I don't see it mentioned before but I can add it (and Wimp Out and Emergency Exit, since they have the same trigger) if the OP wants. (Obviously the move will only bounce if the trigger was due to direct damage from the move.)

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rocky Helm + Rough Skin + your own contact move thrown back in your face.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Endure

I think this is really good. Play this like a standard Weavile set, when your item is gone use Endure on a contact hit to stay alive + steal item + throw back the ability.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Taunt doesn't work on this rock setter and taunt back the opponent if he tries to.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Obvious. Probably best as a physical wall.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Decent special wall with high damage, throws back electric-type attacks and heal himself in the process.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Electric

Or any set really but Modest specs hits hard.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Not sure if the set is good but no weaknesses + throws back any ground attacks + decent coverage and good Atk stat for an electric-type because most ground-type attacks will be earthquake.

Kommo-o @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Ability depends on what you want to throw back, but with Mega-Gardevoir not available Bulletproof is the better one, although Soundproof could be useful if Boomburst users are common.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 8 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze/Acid Spray

Resists most lifestealing moves and throws them back (I think only grass lifestealing moves are neutral, and obviously Oblivion Wing but Yveltal is banned)

BTW when is the move thrown back ? After taking damage or before ? How does Aftermath work ?

Last edited:
Cofagrigus might be a meme in this? But this meta sounds cool I'll try it out
Cofagrigus is actually pretty good in this meta, with high and the ability to copy contact moves. It would probably run a standard OTR set, or a bulkier set to take advantage of Mummy. The only problem is that Mummy spreads to the pokemon that contacts it, so you have to be wary when switching in a contact attacker after the opponent has Mummy.

Also, this meta has taken a big hit in inactivity, mostly because I am a bad leader there is nothing really ban or suspect worthy in this meta (at least in my opinion). But that could change if this gets more discussion.

Cofagrigus is actually pretty good in this meta, with high and the ability to copy contact moves. It would probably run a standard OTR set, or a bulkier set to take advantage of Mummy. The only problem is that Mummy spreads to the pokemon that contacts it, so you have to be wary when switching in a contact attacker after the opponent has Mummy.

Also, this meta has taken a big hit in inactivity, mostly because I am a bad leader there is nothing really ban or suspect worthy in this meta (at least in my opinion). But that could change if this gets more discussion.
Just after I posted that I thought about it and iron barbs and rough skin are probably better because they also activate on contact but you don't have to be as careful afterwards.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I love this meta, but I never have anyone to play with
Challenge me if you see me on ROM :^]

I'll share a team of mine here
Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Endure

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Sawk @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team is based around Garchomp and Zoroark.
Using it is simple
- Disguise Zoroark as Garchomp and set up, the opponent would fear hitting it. So it'll hit the foe upon breaking the Illusion, with its own move and Sash to cover up its frailness.
- Sawk is my backup switchin against a powerful or a previously set up foe.
- Manectric somewhat mitigates Kabutops weakness (Not really good at it since it is highly unlikely that I'll switchout Kabutops once it has set up). - - Kyurem-B for outright hitting with no recoil.
- Garchomp for set up like Dragon Dance but with +2 Atk, Endure lets it hit back the opponent one more time which can be useful for revenge killing.
- Kabutops is mostly for late-game set up KOing.
- Hazards can be problem to the team as they can break Sash (and hurt Kyurem-B as a matter of fact).
- In most matches just see which of the set up Pokemon could fare the best against the opponent and use it to the full. Use Sawk and the rest to keep momentum on your side.

That's all
A replay of the team in action (With Arcanine instead of Kyurem-B)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7dancerability-595003049

Fun meta, hope it grows bigger!

Mudsdale repeats Earthquake back at Sawk when it is KOed, even though Stamina doesn't activate on a KO (and Mudsdale seems to be on zero HP at the time it uses the move, which was said to preclude abilities like Aftermath from being able to execute dances). Is this a bug?
The current code triggers the dance even if the boost fails, whether Mudsdale is already at +6 Defense or it has zero HP.

Oh ok, it definitely needs a ban, if this meta ever gets played again.
Mudsdale is very mediocre in general, and can easily be worn down using hazards or status. It's also pretty easy to OHKO and avoid triggering Stamina in general. You can also just set up on it, allowing your pokemon to sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)