D/P Venomoth

Syberia's set is nice. I think hidden power should only be mentioned in other options since the only thing that resists Venomoth's bug buzz in UU is toxicroak iirc (some others might like steel/bug wormadon, but you won't come accross that often...). Psychic also hits stuff super effectively harder than a neutral bug buzz, unlike hidden power which does a mere 5 damage more unless its 4x super effective.

If you do not copy Syberia's analysis, remember to change all the hers and hims to its, minor nitpick but you shouldn't place a gender on it.

I think hidden power should only be mentioned in other options since the only thing that resists Venomoth's bug buzz in UU is toxicroak iirc (some others might like steel/bug wormadon, but you won't come accross that often...).
Erm ... not exactly. Both Mantine and Noctowl can be considered resists with their high SpD and x2 resist.

Mr. Mime, Electrode, and Exploud are all immune to Bug Buzz.

No, they wouldn't be considered resistances. They are just Pokemon with the defense to take the attack. (Noctowl and Mantine, that is)

So both being part flying type, which takes half damage from bug attacks, doesn't qualify them as resists?

Not to mention that Noctowl is probably the best Venomoth counter in the UU metagame ...

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Considering it's immune to Sleep Powder, yes, Noctowl is a pretty good counter. Nothing Venomoth can do is going to beat it, though.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
alright well I think this analysis is about wrapped up unless anyone else has anything to add. Could a badge member please look it over and think about submitting it to SCSM for me? Thanks :)

I would add it, but the SCMS is down right now. I'll bookmark this thread and put it in the 'things to do once the scms is back up' folder. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)