D/P Stall Zapdos

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
?_? hippowdon often runs ice fang eq slack off; heatran runs resttalk plume/fire blast and earthpower/dragon pulse; lax runs resttalk crunch body slam...

i dunno man 2 attacks is not anything like unheard of on stall based pokes.
ya totally agree it isn't far' fetched having two attacks, just saying that if it is gonna be a sole "Stall" set I often think Toxic Stall. I suppose Dos can also be PP stall so the viability of Toxic would fit in as maybe a second option to HP Ice.

This set almost reminds me of the StallRein set. Some people run Roar\EQ / Surf / Sub / Protect along with Toxic Spikes. Others use the same set but just have Toxic as a "just in case" move. They are similar except for one move yet both sets accomplish different ideas whether you want to rely on Toxic Spikes or have an alternative if you don't have Tspikes down.

this set is godly. Also Baton Pass isn't a bad idea either over Toxic/HP Ice. Doesn't hit Chomp or Gliscor though but can combo well with another sweeper.

Anti, do you really have to Roost? The only other moves it uses are Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and ThunderPunch... I'll mention Baton Pass somewhere if enough people think it's a good option.

Edit: Alright, I'm going to add it.

Well I have been using this set all morning trying out all kinds of things such as using toxic spikes support, toxic, baton pass, HP Ice and HP Grass. And right now I have to agree that HP Ice and Baton Pass are the two best options and it works very well with toxic spikes support. HP Ice helped beat Gliscor who is unaffected by toxic spikes. However baton pass was extremely useful especially when I had a sub up and it allowed me pass to one of my main sweepers (and in this case it was usually deoxys or salamence) as they usually switched or mispredicted my play.

I agree with warthog that baton pass should be mentioned alongside HP Ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)