SM OU D-Dance Gyrarados + Balanced Offense

Hello, it's been forever since I've played competitive Pokemon so this team might be a little whack.

So to start off what this team is, I tried making a team centered around Gyarados sweeping and the other Pokemon as either backups or support for it.

The reason for selecting Gyarados is because he has good coverage moves and can sweep fairly easily if set up correctly, and balanced offense because a lot of Pokemon in it provide a lot of help for Gyrarados

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Gyarados, the main star of the team, he's a D-dance Flyinium Z and hits everything in OU with at least neutral damage except for Rotom Wash, but that can be taken care of with Tangrowth. It has the Moxie ability so if it KOs a Pokemon Landerous can't just get rid of it's boosts, and Flyinium Z so it can just drop a nuke on whatever Pokemon. Gyarados can also double as a Heatran check for the team if one of the Volt-turners switch into it. Overall a great sweeper for this team

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Landorus-Therian is a Choice Scarf U-turn user and is the stealth rocker for the team. Lando can cover Gyrarados's main weakness in electric types like Tapu Koko and Zapdos, and can provide aid with faster Pokemon that might harm Gyarados like Scarf LeLe and Mega Alakazam. Lando can be used as a great lead for the team and can provide many roles for the team, so an overall great Pokemon for this team. (EVs Allow it to outspeed +1 speed Kommo-o, and 68 Def. allows it to survive Hawlucha's Acrobats after Swords Dance and Stealth Rocks)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
Next is Scarf Jirachi who is a good support Pokemon that can check steels like Magearna and Ferrothorn and heal Pokemon on the team with healing wish. Jirachi is probably the most consistent pokemon on the team and does it's job very well, providing checks to quite a few of Gyrarados's threats and can U-turn into another threat for the team. I personally loves this mon on this team just due to the versatility of it.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
Specs. Magnezone is one of Gyrarados's best partners, it traps defensive steels and KOs a lot of the water types in the tier that do well against Gyrarados. This set is made to Wall break for Gyrarados and Volt switch into something else on the team, and is also great to switch into a Ferrothorn and kill it. It's a very simple Pokemon to use and functions very well in the team.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
Assault Vest Tangrowth is a very bulky Pokemon that can switch into a lot of moves for the team and can recover with Regenerator. It's the team's main switch in for a lot of moves, and checks a lot of pokemon like Magearna, Rotom-Wash, Heatran (Be careful) and etc. It provides a lot of bulk for the team and is super hard to break for the opponent and is a great addition to the team.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Taunt
Tapu Fini is the defogger for the team and is another bulky Pokemon to balance the team, taunt is to annoy and force switches on walls like Chansey and Clefairy. The EVs allow it to out speed offensive Heatran and always two hit KO it with Scald, and the to have better long jevity against Greninja. You can replace Nature's Madness with Moonblast, but I found it better with Nature's Madness because it can punch holes onto walls or switch ins more effectively.

CONCLUSION
Overall I think this is a very fun team to use that provides a lot of checks to OU's best Pokemon, I've had success with this team but I'm still a little fresh on the scene. Please give any feedback possible I would really like advice and your overall experience with this team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)