Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Sure, but ur still gay tho

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Dont tell mom that i won't

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Okay dad

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Unfortunately last week i was hit with the news that Lil Peep has died to an overdose, he's been one of my favorite artists ever since i first uncovered his song crybaby, I just wanted to say my prayers go out to anyone who may miss Lil Peep in a way.

Just wanted to say that anyways let's get into the team.

With the new Ultra Beast's released on Pokemon Showdown i wanted to start off with Blacephalon.

I decided to add Gliscor because i wanted to try it out, it has decent type synergy with Blacephalon, it can also remove rocks for Blacephalon to prevent it from getting chipped down a lot.

Mega Scizor was added because it can take advantage of Tyranitar that might have Pursuit trapped Blacephalon to get up a free Swords Dance and potentially sweep, it also provides good utility with Knock Off and can check Pokemon like Tapu Lele.

Greninja gives me a good mon to revenge kill Pokemon like boosted Volcarona, boosted Naganadel, and Tapu Koko, it also allows me to grab momentum and an easy way to get Blacephalon in.

Keldeo seemed perfect for my team in the sense that it takes complete advantage of Tyranitar with a simple double and can absolutely eat up teams.

Ferrothorn was another addition i came up with later, it can effectively wall Ash-Gren, Tapu Koko, and Tapu Lele for my team because i am otherwise very week to the aforementioned Pokemon, it can also set up Stealth Rock which every team needs.

lonely boy | Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature | IVs: 0 Atk
Fire Blast | Shadow Ball | Hidden Power Grass | Trick

Blacephalon was the main focus of this team and probably my favorite newly introduced Pokemon fuck Naganadel ban it. Its dual STAB moves are very hard to switch in to and hits very hard coupled with a Choice Specs (and even without) once it gets a kill Beast Boost will enhance its power even further. Fire Blast is a good STAB move that can 2HKO even Fire-type resists like Ash-Gren. Shadow Ball is the secondary STAB move and is very hard to switch into because there are very few resists to it outside of Tyranitar (why is this being spammed :pirate:). Hidden Power Grass enables Blacephalon to 2HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rock damage and OHKO Greninja, which, resist both of Blacephalon's STAB moves. Flamethrower can be used for a more reliable STAB move if the risk to miss Fire Blast and its additional power is not needed, Hidden Power Ice can also be used in this spot to effectively OHKO specially defensive Zygarde. Trick can cripple Pokemon like Tyranitar by locking them into a move. Will-O-Wisp is a solid secondary option because of its ability to cripple many physical attackers.

friday | Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe | Jolly Nature
Earthquake | Ice Fang | Defog | Roost

Earthquake is a very good STAB move that Gliscor can effectively utilize to beat Pokemon like Heatran and Tyranitar for Blacephalon. Ice Fang helps in the match up against Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Garchomp which my team can have a hard time dealing with. U-turn can also be used to get Blacephalon in safely without taking damage. Knock Off is yet another option to provide good utility for my team. Defog removes hazards for Blacephalon to prevent it from taking too much chip damage. Roost lets Gliscor stay healthy throughout the matchup and not be overly reliant on Poison Heal to do so.

amg mercedes | Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe | Adamant Nature
Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | U-turn | Roost

Swords Dance lets Mega Scizor boost its power to very high levels and can easily let it break through Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and Landorus-T. Bullet Punch is boosted by Technician and gives Mega Scizor a very powerful STAB move that will always move first despite its low Speed stat. U-turn allows Mega Scizor to act as a pivot for Blacephalon and Keldeo while also being able to switch out of Magnezone which would otherwise be able to comfortably trap and remove it from the game. Knock Off can be used over U-turn to let it break through Pokemon that resist Bullet Punch like Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and Celesteela which would otherwise easily be able to wall it. Roost lets Mega Scizor stay healthy throughout the match so it can get multiple opportunities to sweep.

lonely girl | Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe | Naive Nature
Rock Slide | Ice Beam | U-turn | Gunk Shot

Rock Slide allows Greninja to properly revenge kill a +1 Volcarona and Gyarados which can be very annoying to deal with otherwise. Ice Beam lets Greninja OHKO Pokemon like Landorus-T, Salamence, and Dragonite especially the latter can cause some problems to my team depending on the set. U-turn allows Greninja to gain momentum and get in Blacephalon safely. Gunk Shot can surprise Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele which might think they can beat Greninja in a 1 on 1 situation. Extrasensory can also be used over Gunk Shot to annoy Toxapex and Keldeo which this team can struggle against. Similarly Spikes can be used to stack hazards against the opponent and consistently wear them down. The given EV spread on Greninja is very important because this allows it to revenge kill Naganadel 100% of the time.

crybaby | Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature | IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind | Hydro Pump | Secret Sword | Taunt

Keldeo can turn into a very scary breaker with Calm Mind in conjunction with Taunt. Calm Mind boosts Keldeo's power to a tremendous level after just a few boosts. Hydro Pump in conjunction with Waterium Z can blast through would be checks like Toxapex and Mega Venusaur after a few boosts, it can also OHKO Naganadel at a +1 boost. Taunt prevents Pokemon like Toxapex and Mantine from using Haze and allows it to keep boosting in their face.

lonely world | Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD | Sassy Nature | IVs: 0 Spe
Stealth Rock | Leech Seed | Power Whip | Gyro Ball

Ferroseed can check Psychic-types like Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam in adittion to that it can also check Ash-Gren and Tapu Koko which my team is otherwise very weak to, however it fails to properly check Naganadel which is a big downside to it. As i stated before Stealth Rock can consistently chip away at the opponent's teams health and every team needs it to be considered viable. Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn semi-reliable recovery that also chips away at the opponents health. Power Whip lets Ferrothorn hit Water-types like Rotom-W for good damage. Knock Off can be used instead of Power Whip to provide useful utility. Gyro Ball is a must so it's not complete set up bait to Naganadel, it also hits Tapu Lele and Mega Diancie for very good damage.

Mega Medicham is very annoying to switch in to however it can be revenge killed by Keldeo and Blacephalon, it can also be pivotted around with Ferrothorn into Blacephalon to avoid a High Jump Kick and hope they dont predict.

Mega Lopunny is another mon that is very annoying to switch in to, especially when its PuP because it can easily break through my team, either keep Keldeo very healthy if its not PuP to live a hit and KO back with Secret Swords or revenge kill it with Tapu Lele.

If Blacephalon is Scarf it outspeeds my whole team and can threaten my whole team with its dual STAB combo, however Gliscor can beat it in a 1v1. SubCM can easily break my team and there is unfortunately not really a way to play around it.

Either Ferrothorn or Gliscor can wall Tapu Koko depending on the type of Hidden Power its carrying in its arsenal, however it's really annoying in general and can gain momentum on a lot of mons on my team.

Keldeo is very annoying to switch into because of its stab combo, Blacephalon and Gliscor are my main ways to deal with Fighting-type attacks and they get blown away by Keldeo's secondary STAB moves.

Even though this team might seem weird i truly think its a good team and can be effective in the current metagame, however, i'd like to improve my team to get the full potential out of it since this is 1 of the teams i have enjoyed using most.

Importable

Last edited:
Hello ThiccTornadus!
This is a very solid team as always. Now, time to rate it!
Your team has a nasty weakness to hp ground Volcarona, as Scarf Lele is too slow to revenge kill it. Ferrothorn is also set up bait for Volcarona.
If using the Heatran version, both greninja forms are a pain to deal with. Both get a kill every time they come in, as thanks to your Keldeo not being scarfed, It can only switch in once.
Roost, +3 attacks Charizard X is a threat to this team. It can come in on Ferrothorn or heatran and proceed to kill something on your team.
I say you should use Ferrothorn over Heatran. This gives you a good (ash) greninja switchin and eliminates your Tapu Koko weakness.
However, this also makes your team very weak to Naganadel.
I say to switch Scarf Lele with either AV tyranitar or Scarf Greninja. Av Tyranitar can adequately check Volcarona and Naganadel. It can also trap Lati@s for Keldeo. Scarf Greninja can also be used if you want spikes and a more consistent Volcarona answer, however, I feel Tyranitar will be more useful for your team.

Hello ThiccTornadus!
This is a very solid team as always. Now, time to rate it!
Your team has a nasty weakness to hp ground Volcarona, as Scarf Lele is too slow to revenge kill it. Ferrothorn is also set up bait for Volcarona.
If using the Heatran version, both greninja forms are a pain to deal with. Both get a kill every time they come in, as thanks to your Keldeo not being scarfed, It can only switch in once.
Roost, +3 attacks Charizard X is a threat to this team. It can come in on Ferrothorn or heatran and proceed to kill something on your team.
I say you should use Ferrothorn over Heatran. This gives you a good (ash) greninja switchin and eliminates your Tapu Koko weakness.
However, this also makes your team very weak to Naganadel.
I say to switch Scarf Lele with either AV tyranitar or Scarf Greninja. Av Tyranitar can adequately check Volcarona and Naganadel. It can also trap Lati@s for Keldeo. Scarf Greninja can also be used if you want spikes and a more consistent Volcarona answer, however, I feel Tyranitar will be more useful for your team.
Thanks a lot for ur rate, i really like the greninja and ferrothorn suggestion and will be sure to use them both:]

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey nice team

specs blace is p fire and i like the wallbreaking core that this team has w keld + blace w both able to punish each other’s checks. however , i feel like a volt turn core would suit this team a bit better, since you have a couple of strong breaker which punish each other’s checks, and volt turn fits w them much better. many of the threats,including lop, keld and blace are annoying.

>

i think running toxapex over greninja is p important for the team here. firstly, it helps a lot versus keldeo, and can even help chip down cm keldeo sets which would otherwise be annoying through scald. additionally, it can maintain pressure on blazephalon. it also functions as a volcarona check with the combination of payapa berry + light screen, which you actually need to stop volc from spamming psychic. light screen may feel like using a slot for just one mon but imo it’s p cool, not only helping w volc but also mons like cm koko by easing predicts vs them since you can just go lando (i will add it later) and versus cm lele which also comes on pex( payapa weakens first hit too), which is also pretty threatening, so not being bait for lele is cool,since other than pex it struggles to come in for free but can be annoying, and light screen also helps vs tbolt mage. this replaces your scarfer and a ghost resist, but i will add a scarfer later.

>

i would recommend scarf lando over gliscor. this frees up speed control, after i replaced your scarfer in greninja. it helps w mons like lopunny, while still maintaining a ground immunity which is pretty important,and an electric immunity. this also helps w mega pinsir, although that is rarer it is still a huge threat with no flying resists here. this does make heatran more annoying but it’s still definitely manageable with keldeo,and mons like landot and toxapex maintain pressure upon it, and spdef tran rising helps you a lot as well. you can either run max attack max speed or even some bulk to pivot into mons like lopunny and zygarde better at the cost of power, especially on explosion as well.

i think defog sciz is a good addition to this team as well. defog sciz is one of the best methods of hazard control in the tier, and also can help your volt turn goal with the help of u turn. it still functions pretty similarly. dropping it does hurt offense mu but mons like toxapex are still super annoying to offense and even sciz/ferro can annoy those types of builds. this does exert less pressure on ttar but the threat of doubling into keldeo can keep it in check a lot bc keld switchins aren’t common. most ttar teams have solid sciz checks. if you want you can keep sd sciz w defog scarf lando but i think having a more reliable defoggers is better for blace.

• i would also use hp grass over flamethrower on blace as it 2hkos bandtar after rocks. it also ohkos ash gren trying to switch in.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP / 52 Atk / 44 Def / 196 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Last edited:
hey nice team

specs blace is p fire and i like the wallbreaking core that this team has w keld + blace w both able to punish each other’s checks. however , i feel like a volt turn core would suit this team a bit better, since you have a couple of strong breaker which punish each other’s checks, and volt turn fits w them much better. many of the threats,including lop, keld and blace are annoying.

>

i think running toxapex over greninja is p important for the team here. firstly, it helps a lot versus keldeo, and can even help chip down cm keldeo sets which would otherwise be annoying through scald. additionally, it can maintain pressure on blazephalon. it also functions as a volcarona check with the combination of payapa berry + light screen, which you actually need to stop volc from spamming psychic. light screen may feel like using a slot for just one mon but imo it’s p cool, not only helping w volc but also mons like cm koko by easing predicts vs them since you can just go lando (i will add it later) and versus cm lele which also comes on pex( payapa weakens first hit too), which is also pretty threatening, so not being bait for lele is cool,since other than pex it struggles to come in for free but can be annoying, and light screen also helps vs tbolt mage. this replaces your scarfer and a ghost resist, but i will add a scarfer later.

>

i would recommend scarf lando over gliscor. this frees up speed control, after i replaced your scarfer in greninja. it helps w mons like lopunny, while still maintaining a ground immunity which is pretty important,and an electric immunity. this also helps w mega pinsir, although that is rarer it is still a huge threat with no flying resists here. this does make heatran more annoying but it’s still definitely manageable with keldeo,and mons like landot and toxapex maintain pressure upon it, and spdef tran rising helps you a lot as well. you can either run max attack max speed or even some bulk to pivot into mons like lopunny and zygarde better at the cost of power, especially on explosion as well.

i think defog sciz is a good addition to this team as well. defog sciz is one of the best methods of hazard control in the tier, and also can help your volt turn goal with the help of u turn. it still functions pretty similarly. dropping it does hurt offense mu but mons like toxapex are still super annoying to offense and even sciz/ferro can annoy those types of builds. this does exert less pressure on ttar but the threat of doubling into keldeo can keep it in check a lot bc keld switchins aren’t common. most ttar teams have solid sciz checks. if you want you can keep sd sciz w defog scarf lando but i think having a more reliable defoggers is better for blace.

• i would also use hp grass over flamethrower on blace as it 2hkos bandtar after rocks. it also ohkos ash gren trying to switch in.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP / 52 Atk / 44 Def / 196 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick
Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to rate my team but i dont really like the changes outside of Blacephalon, i think that Gliscor granting me Defog to use sd scizor to take advantage of Tyranitar that might have Pursuit trapped my Blacephalon to possibly get a sweep going, I'm not so sure on Toxapex but i'll try it out.

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to rate my team but i dont really like the changes outside of Blacephalon, i think that Gliscor granting me Defog to use sd scizor to take advantage of Tyranitar that might have Pursuit trapped my Blacephalon to possibly get a sweep going, I'm not so sure on Toxapex but i'll try it out.
yea , i think i mentioned it in my rate, that if u wanted to take advantage of ttar i think that a lot of teams w ttar have good sciz checks, or at minimum running av not locked fire blast tar, so ur best off doubling into keld or scaring him with it.if you still wanted you could use sd sciz and scarf defog lando, but in the end it’s up to you, glad u like at least a part of my rate n_n.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)