Creative and Underrated Sets Balanced Hackmons Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, POSTS WILL BE DELETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayquaza-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 82 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Boomburst / Infestation / Magma Storm

I've been running this basic MegaRay lately, it's actually quite good if only because nobody expects it to be able to take hits.

The only semi-viable FurryVest mon in BH, and only because of Oblivion Wing. The EVs are highly negotiable, depending what you want it to survive. The EV spread listed just balances out its defenses.

EDIT:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- ExtremeSpeed
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows

Much fun. Been pairing the thing with 2x Pdon, 2x MegaRay, and MMX. Probably qualifies as a "shitty gimmick" but its fun as hell. BP the thing a Shift Gear and it's over, bar Shedinja. And... and Chansey...

Which essentially makes it crap. But whatever ;P

Last edited:
Adrian recommended I post this after it 6-0'd him (it also 6-0'd Lcass on the ladder)

After testing several Primal Groudon sets, this is the ULTIMATE monster:

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Precipice Blades
- Sacred Fire

No need for Speed EVs because you're obviously going to come in on something you force out and then nab a Speed Boost. Substitute allows you to get past Imposter, Spore/Dark Void, Topsy-Turvy, and other shenanigans.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 82 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Boomburst / Infestation / Magma Storm

I've been running this basic MegaRay lately, it's actually quite good if only because nobody expects it to be able to take hits.

The only semi-viable FurryVest mon in BH, and only because of Oblivion Wing. The EVs are highly negotiable, depending what you want it to survive. The EV spread listed just balances out its defenses.

EDIT:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- ExtremeSpeed
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows

Much fun. Been pairing the thing with 2x Pdon, 2x MegaRay, and MMX. Probably qualifies as a "shitty gimmick" but its fun as hell. BP the thing a Shift Gear and it's over, bar Shedinja. And... and Chansey...

Which essentially makes it crap. But whatever ;P
If you really want to wall that Tyranitar, you could always look into some sort of Fur Coat Xerneas, which could let Ttar impale itself on a Rocky Helmet (which could actually let it perform a bit against Shedinja as well). All while sporting a 131 base attack that doesn't detract too much from Beat Up. Could also hold some sort of Trick-proof item and just use attacks against it.

Edit: How the hell is Beat Up not a contact move? Rude.

Mawile @ Mawilite (need to hold it)
Ability: Anything really, but insomnia is nice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Heal Order/Any recovery move
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
Huge Power + Belly drum is a amazing combo and only this poke and medicham can use it (mega maw is better tho IMO) This is a example of manual megas being able to break the meta

Mawile @ Mawilite (need to hold it)
Ability: Anything really, but insomnia is nice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Heal Order/Any recovery move
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
Huge Power + Belly drum is a amazing combo and only this poke and medicham can use it (mega maw is better tho IMO) This is a example of manual megas being able to break the meta
And what happens when Imposter Chansey comes along and copies this set?

Ok so after seeing that crazy 1v1 Riolu set with Prankster/Custap Berry/Dig/Copycat, I decided to make a BH version. It's not quite as good, but it's still decent.

You've really got two options, ripping off the Riolu set entirely, or using a modified one that doesn't leave you at 1hp but requires you to take a hit. Not gonna bother putting the first one, as it is almost definitely a "shitty gimmick."

So here we go:

Ridley (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Copycat
- Dive / Dig / Shadow Force / etc.
- Quick Guard / Fling / E-speed / One of the above

You take a hit first turn, use Fly, then spam Copycat. Semi Imposter-proof due to Lagging Tail, though mind games with your filler moves can change things.

If they don't have priority, you can deal some pretty nice damage. Watch out for -ates though. In my (limited) experience with this thing, it makes a nice cleanup late game.

Credit to 1vI: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-260977417

Last edited:
Ok so after seeing that crazy 1v1 Riolu set with Prankster/Custap Berry/Dig/Copycat, I decided to make a BH version. It's not quite as good, but it's still decent.

You've really got two options, ripping off the Riolu set entirely, or using a modified one that doesn't leave you at 1hp but requires you to take a hit. Not gonna bother putting the first one, as it is almost definitely a "shitty gimmick."

So here we go:

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Copycat
- Quick Guard / Fling / One of the above

You take a hit first turn, use Fly, then spam Copycat. Semi Imposter-proof due to Lagging Tail, though mind games with your filler moves can change things.

If they don't have priority, you can deal some pretty nice damage. Watch out for -ates though. In my (limited) experience with this thing, it makes a nice cleanup late game.

Another option for a filler move is Sky Drop. It fails against really heavy opponents (many of which are, unfortunately quite common in BH) but it completely immobilizes the opponent when chained together with Copycat (as opposed to only prevent the opponent from hitting Ray).

Another option for a filler move is Sky Drop. It fails against really heavy opponents (many of which are, unfortunately quite common in BH) but it completely immobilizes the opponent when chained together with Copycat (as opposed to only prevent the opponent from hitting Ray).
Yea, I know. I didn't bother listing out every two turn move with a semi-invulnerable state. But there are other options (though some of them are worse versions of other moves, like Phantom Force or Bounce).

EDIT: Also Sky Drop makes you lose to Imposter.

Last edited:
The version of that I used to use was something like Dragonite with Sky Drop, Copycat, Roost, and Swords Dance holding a Lum Berry. Dragonite's power isn't very high, but it's much slower than the rest of the tier, allowing it to outslow a lot of things without Lagging Tail. Although this was mostly Gen V, so regular Ray or Ho-Oh or one of the Salamence forms might be able to do it now.

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Acrobatics
- Extreme Speed / Earthquake

Late game sweeper. Belly Drum maximises Attack, Sacred Fire and Acrobatics serve as the STABs, Extreme Speed is used to bypass opponenet's Extreme Speeds while Earthquake can be used to hit rock types hard. The EVs let you outrun Scarfed 108s at +2, with max Attack and the rest in Defence for extra bulk. Acrobatics is chosen over Brave Bird and Dragon Ascent as it's nearly as powerful once the Stirus Berry's gone while having no drawbacks. Same story with Sacred Fire over V-create, as at +6 Sacred Fire's powerful enough.

Rayquaza and Yveltal can run similar sets, although I personally like Ho-Oh better due to its immunity to burns.

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Acrobatics

Late game sweeper. Belly Drum maximises Attack, Sacred Fire and Acrobatics serve as the STABs, Extreme Speed is used to bypass opponenet's Extreme Speeds while Earthquake can be used to hit rock types hard. The EVs let you outrun Scarfed 108s at +2, with max Attack and the rest in Defence for extra bulk. Acrobatics is chosen over Brave Bird and Dragon Ascent as it's nearly as powerful once the Stirus Berry's gone while having no drawbacks. Same story with Sacred Fire over V-create, as at +6 Sacred Fire's powerful enough.

Rayquaza and Yveltal can run similar sets, although I personally like Ho-Oh better due to its immunity to burns.
I prefer Banette as an Unburden Bdrummer, as you can make its set such that Chansey can't hurt it.

Chansey can't hurt this set either, as its Acrobatics will only have 55 bp, Ho-Oh resists Sacred Fire and thanks to Unburden Ho-Oh's Extreme Speed will go first. If Ho-Oh's not running E Speed, Chansey always loses.

Chansey can't hurt this set either, as its Acrobatics will only have 55 bp, Ho-Oh resists Sacred Fire and thanks to Unburden Ho-Oh's Extreme Speed will go first. If Ho-Oh's not running E Speed, Chansey always loses.
Lies. (Eviolite) Chansey revenge kills.

+6 252+ Atk Ho-Oh Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 80 Def Eviolite Chansey: 255-301 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+6 252+ Atk Ho-Oh Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 80 Def Eviolite Chansey: 526-619 (74.8 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 80 Def Eviolite Chansey: 238-281 (33.8 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+6 252+ Atk Chansey Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Ho-Oh: 382-450 (108.2 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Chansey Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Ho-Oh: 394-465 (111.6 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Chansey Sacred Fire vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Ho-Oh: 357-421 (101.1 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, you said "The EVs let you outrun Scarfed 108s at +2." First of all, where do you see scarfed 108's (or less) in bh? The only viable scarf set i've seen was pdon, which is now banned. Also, where is the +2 coming from?

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Acrobatics

You'd be better off running diamond storm to guarantee kill the chansey instead of espeed. That is the whole point of using unburdens with a x4 weakness.

So here we go:

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Copycat

I can't help but feel this is still a gimmick

So here we go:

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Copycat

Either I'm missing something or this isn't really a new set.
Prankstercat itself has been posted a bunch of times on here already and I'm pretty darn sure that I'm not the only one who has been using this strat with shadow force mega banette (flint had one in his assist team before pdon existed iirc) which is slower, hits harder and ignores protect.
Also, any kind or protect can really ruin your run so using encore to block them in it is incredibly useful, on top of being a great move overall (bannette can also stop random bellyspeed user by blocking them on espeed). And hell while you're at it you could probably slap a sleep move on it, you have prankster, use it.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail / Whirlwind
-Recover / clones
-Will-O-Wisp

Physical wall with the added ability of ruining an -ate sweeper's day. Switch in on a predicted Fake Out / Extremespeed and be amused. You can also swap Mummy for Soundproof and use Quick Guard over Will-O-Wisp.

Here's a combo I've tried recently:

Diancie-Mega/Rayquaza-Primal @Diancite/Safety Goggles/Lum Berry/Pixie Plate/Sky Plate/Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate/Aerilate
- Tail Glow/Quiver Dance/Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Parting Shot/Thousand Arrows/V-Create/Fake Out/Spore/Physical Coverage

I came up with this set when I was thinking about how specs -ate ray boomburst pretty much 2HKOs everything in bh. I wanted a nuke similar to that, but I didn't want to get choiced. What better way than to run stat boosters? -ates themselves tend to force switches, or lure King's Shield or Metal Bursts. On those turns, you easily set-up a Tail Glow, and at +3, pretty much everything is a guaranteed 2HKO, and at +6, nothing stands a chance.

Obviously, a set like this needs good imposter-proofing, which is simple.

Cresselia/Slowbro-Mega/Giratina @Safety Goggles/Slowbronite/Griseous Orb
Ability: Soundproof
- Thousand Waves
- Perish Song
- Soft-Boiled
- Parting Shot

Soundproof sets, specifically mega-bro, to wall -ates have been a thing before, but as of now, they are quite uncommon. Apart from just imposter-proofing, and walling -ates, this set is self-imposter-proofed by trapping with 1000waves and pp stalling out. It can also make a decent pivot, and perish song can also be used to force switches if your team happens to lack a counter for a specific mon.

Calcs:
Standard Fur Coat Chansey: Can't switch in if boosted, has to predict correctly between topsy/whirlwind or m-burst.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 441-520 (68.6 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 706-832 (109.9 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Spd Registeel: can survive a few turns, rekt by coverage
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 93-111 (25.5 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 233-275 (64 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 373-439 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

AssVest Regen Registeel: stands a chance, tends to lose to coverage
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 201-237 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 322-380 (88.7 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Spd Giratina: rip
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 440-522 (87.4 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 1100-1296 (218.6 - 257.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Spd Audino: nice try
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 211-250 (51.5 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO [94.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery] [53.1% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal]
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 529-624 (129.3 - 152.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sturdinja: omg op needs ban
+6 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Sturdy Shedinja on a critical hit: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Reshiam @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
Quiver Dance
Blue Flare
Judgment
Focus Blast / Flamethrower / Roost / King's Shield

Simple special sweeper. Reshiram's niche over Palkia and Latios is 1: that nuclear STAB Blue Flare and 2: it isn't weak to Ice or Fairy moves, so ate-Speed isn't as big of a worry. Quiver Dance takes Reshiram's Special Attack into space while fixing its lacklustre Speed. Blue Flare is the main STAB. Judgment with a Draco Plate lets you beat Impostor Chansey. The last slot, choose between extra coverage, a reliable STAB, recovery, or a foil to Extreme Speed users. Adaptability makes your STABs immensely powerful. Desolate Land with Solarbeam is an option too.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Here's a combo I've tried recently:

Diancie-Mega/Rayquaza-Primal @Diancite/Safety Goggles/Lum Berry/Pixie Plate/Sky Plate/Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate/Aerilate
- Tail Glow/Quiver Dance/Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Parting Shot/Thousand Arrows/V-Create/Fake Out/Spore/Physical Coverage

I came up with this set when I was thinking about how specs -ate ray boomburst pretty much 2HKOs everything in bh. I wanted a nuke similar to that, but I didn't want to get choiced. What better way than to run stat boosters? -ates themselves tend to force switches, or lure King's Shield or Metal Bursts. On those turns, you easily set-up a Tail Glow, and at +3, pretty much everything is a guaranteed 2HKO, and at +6, nothing stands a chance.

Obviously, a set like this needs good imposter-proofing, which is simple.

Cresselia/Slowbro-Mega/Giratina @Safety Goggles/Slowbronite/Griseous Orb
Ability: Soundproof
- Thousand Waves
- Perish Song
- Soft-Boiled
- Parting Shot

Soundproof sets, specifically mega-bro, to wall -ates have been a thing before, but as of now, they are quite uncommon. Apart from just imposter-proofing, and walling -ates, this set is self-imposter-proofed by trapping with 1000waves and pp stalling out. It can also make a decent pivot, and perish song can also be used to force switches if your team happens to lack a counter for a specific mon.

Calcs:
Standard Fur Coat Chansey: Can't switch in if boosted, has to predict correctly between topsy/whirlwind or m-burst.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 441-520 (68.6 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 706-832 (109.9 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Spd Registeel: can survive a few turns, rekt by coverage
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 93-111 (25.5 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 233-275 (64 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 373-439 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

AssVest Regen Registeel: stands a chance, tends to lose to coverage
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 201-237 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 322-380 (88.7 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Spd Giratina: rip
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 440-522 (87.4 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 1100-1296 (218.6 - 257.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Spd Audino: nice try
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 211-250 (51.5 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO [94.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery] [53.1% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal]
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 529-624 (129.3 - 152.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sturdinja: omg op needs ban
+6 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Sturdy Shedinja on a critical hit: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time
i can vouch for this set, i usually run fakespeed rayquaza with tail glow boomburst, with soundproof regi(so i counter all forms of ate for the most part) and it puts in SERIOUS work, beating opposing registeel is HUUUUUUGE. id even go as far as saying its not a gimmick, because its literally just its fourth move that it never uses anyways. lmao. and from my experience, its perhaps the BEST 4th move ray can HAVE. even with being forced to run a useless regi. beating other ray counters is HUGE. insanely huge. another thing is it also deters imposter chansey from attempting to switch in, due to its fear of eating a +3 boomburst, so if your opponent goes into regi on your tail glow, SOMETHING DIES. enless its soundproof. then your sore on luck lmao

Reshiam @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
Quiver Dance
Blue Flare
Judgment
Focus Blast / Flamethrower / Roost / King's Shield

Simple special sweeper. Reshiram's niche over Palkia and Latios is 1: that nuclear STAB Blue Flare and 2: it isn't weak to Ice or Fairy moves, so ate-Speed isn't as big of a worry. Quiver Dance takes Reshiram's Special Attack into space while fixing its lacklustre Speed. Blue Flare is the main STAB. Judgment with a Draco Plate lets you beat Impostor Chansey. The last slot, choose between extra coverage, a reliable STAB, recovery, or a foil to Extreme Speed users. Adaptability makes your STABs immensely powerful. Desolate Land with Solarbeam is an option too.
I used to run a set very similar to this before the EV change. Does it actually beat Chansey? I remember my full EV set almost dying to Chansey. Anyways, I'd like to strongly recommend against running Focus Blast or Flamethrower on this set, there are better, more accurate moves that can be run in place (e.g. Secret Sword and Searing Shot). However, I'm skeptical about that coverage. For me, the dual STABs with Adapt were good enough for me and I just ran a support move (I think KS). Anyways, I don't know how this set will fare in the current meta but I can see it being quite good.

Yeah you're right, Searing Shot and Secret Sword are better coverage moves, but on reflection I think a recovery move or King's Shield would be more useful.

This set does beat Chansey.

252+ SpA Draco Plate Adaptability Reshiram Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 364-432 (51.7 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Chansey Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Reshiram: 114-135 (33.4 - 39.5%)
(Chansey's typing and base stats have been modified to account for Impostor)

If Chansey tries to boost, Reshiram can boost alongside it and will eventually win.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Encore
- King's Shield
Not creative at all but for some reason uncommon. It can remove a ton of shit with Perish Song, actually more than one would think. The strategy is simple, disguise Gengar as a sweeper (Mega Ray for example) so that the foe brings its counter to it (say Registeel lacking a pivoting move), Perish Song and remove it. Encore is very useful to lock the foe in set-up moves or hazards or whatever it feels like using and eases prediction a lot. Imposter and Fur Coat Chansey, Registeel lacking a pivoting move, Mega Audino, even Kyogre are some of its victims. Notably Fur Coat + Imposter dual Chansey is on most stall teams, and this set just destroys the core.

Also the OP should be updated imo.

Last edited:
My last tests:

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Encore
- King's Shield
Not creative at all but for some reason uncommon. It can remove a ton of shit with Perish Song, actually more than one would think. The strategy is simple, disguise Gengar as a sweeper (Mega Ray for example) so that the foe brings its counter to it (say Registeel lacking a pivoting move), Perish Song and remove it. Encore is very useful to lock the foe in set-up moves or hazards or whatever it feels like using and eases prediction a lot. Imposter and Fur Coat Chansey, Registeel lacking a pivoting move, Sturdinja, Mega Audino, even Kyogre are some of its victims. Notably Fur Coat + Imposter dual Chansey is on most stall teams, and this set just destroys the core.
This is a good set but it does not beat Shedinja. Shedinja almost always runs a move like Volt Switch/Parting Shot, and also is not trapped due to its Ghost typing.
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Recover
- Defog / Parting Shot / Aromatherapy / Filler
- Bullet Punch
This set is played in a similar way as your standard Aegislash. Bullet Punch and Stance Change are the new additions. Bullet Punch is to OHKO Mega Diancie and weakened threats such as MMY (nobody expects Bullet Punch from Aegislash so it won't usually use King's Shield) together with Stance Change, which coupled with King's Shield can even force the same nasty mindgames it did in OU. It also has niche uses against niche sets such as Normalize Gengar and Entraintment anything as it cannot be removed. However, most of the time, just play this as your regular Aegislash, but with the added unexpected revenge killer capabilities (note that this is just a consequence of adding BP + Stance Change, as it's not the primary goal of the set which is kill Diancie and get some limited offensive presence) and, of course, that OHKO on Mega Diancie:
4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 232-276 (96.2 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also the OP should be updated imo.
And if you click Bullet Punch and it doesn't OHKO, then Aegis is dead. I don't think this is a very good set because Aegis can run many other sets more effectively. This is niche enough to be considered a shitty gimmick. Once your opponent sees you use it once, they will never let it happen again (e.g. the next time you play them).

This is a good set but it does not beat Shedinja. Shedinja almost always runs a move like Volt Switch/Parting Shot, and also is not trapped due to its Ghost typing.
Forgot it can just switch out, although it can't Baton Pass safely as that would pass Perish Song away.
And if you click Bullet Punch and it doesn't OHKO, then Aegis is dead. I don't think this is a very good set because Aegis can run many other sets more effectively. This is niche enough to be considered a shitty gimmick. Once your opponent sees you use it once, they will never let it happen again (e.g. the next time you play them).
I suppose too niche, it just kills Diancie while checking/countering all other -ates. Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)