Corsola Cup III - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Corsola Cup II: Finals
Introduction:

This tourney is standard ADV NU. Post your replays please, I am especially interested to see the effects of Huntail and Sableye on the metagame.

Tournament Rules:

Specific Rules:

• This is a single elimination tourney
  • Best of Three matches
  • Standard ADV NU
  • Matches should be played on Pokemon Showdown

General Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.

Usable Pokemon List:

http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/formats/nu/
All other NFEs not already listed as NU are fair game.

Notable bans:
Girafarig
Kadabra
Chansey
Scyther

Good Resources:

http://www.smogon.com/rs/articles/adv_nu_threatlist
http://www.smogon.com/rs/articles/adv_nu_speedtiers
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/adv-nu-viability-ranking.3503540/

Pairings:

Typhlito vs Specterito
Human Mystery Box vs kingmidas
Cowboy Dan vs Navy
Fortune vs Finchinator
metaphysical vs LetMeShine-
Level 56 vs Fabulous but lazy
soTsoT
vs thecrystalonix
Eon lights vs 199 Lives
FLCL vs Real FV13
Mael vs Oglemi
Bedschibaer vs TheInsanity
LightningLuxray
vs choolio
Raseri vs BKC
Peli vs Mr.378
SparksBlade vs Jellicent
Joltage
vs prozac
NotAGymLdr vs Regnite
fran17 vs HANTSUKI
~GreenCore vs Menezjul
ready2go202 vs Vermillion Project
Caliber
vs North
Tricking vs amber lamps
Jaiho vs PikachuCandyツ
rural vs Der Dreckige Dan
Vinc2612
vs scorpdestroyer
pokebasket vs Kingler12345
Shuckleking87 vs Master Sunny-EX
s_aman vs Max Carvalho
Alf' vs Enigami
Morgenstern vs Dr Ciel
Zebraiken vs The Quasar
Obliviate vs Bughouse

Substitutes:
DKFirelord
innovamania
Yoss
scald

If your name is on the sub list, please post to confirm that you're interested in subbing if available.

Deadline:

Monday, August 17th.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
some cool r1 matchas

Mael vs Oglemi
Raseri vs BKC
Shuckleking87 vs Master Sunny-EX

and I contacted my opp

Tagging Finchinator

So at last, someone else decided to try and use my Supernova team. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. A quick glance at the g1 replay indicates that your opponent had Pelipper that time; Pelipper is hard to switch into and wrecks shit. Also why did you not drop Tangela for something actually competent? He had Flareon, which utterly cockblocks you. Not to mention Tangela is bad in general.

For the record, that was an earlier version of the Supernova team I used; if you want to try using it, drop Tangela because it's honestly not that good.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Tagging Finchinator

So at last, someone decided to try and use my Supernova team. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. A quick glance at the g1 replay indicates that your opponent had Pelipper that time; Pelipper is hard to switch into and wrecks shit. Also why did you not drop Tangela for something actually competent? He had Flareon, which utterly cockblocks you. Not to mention Tangela is bad in general.

For the record, that was an earlier version of the Supernova team I used; if you want to try using it, drop Tangela because it's honestly not that good.
i just took an importable from a thread bro, i don't actually play the tier. sorry to disappoint!

I will be unable to play before the 20th, is it possible to have an extension until then? If not just give my opponent either the win or a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)