[COMPLETED] Bisharp

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Shroomi, have you considered Knock Off vs Night Slash?
Knock Off has 5 less BP than Night Slash, but if the enemy has item that is not Mega Stone, the damage is boosted by 50%.
Granted Night Slash has higher critical hit chance, but the utility from Knock Off imo is far more useful than small crit chance boost.
That's already been discussed here.

As I said right at the top in the cons section, Knock Off is illegal... otherwise it would already be in the set.
Knock Off is illegal until Pokebank, at which point it will definitely replace Night Slash.

I don't have a definite set, but I like a variation of the old substitute set:
Bisharp @ Leftovers (12 HP, 252 Attack, 240 SpDef, 4 Speed)
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Power-Up Punch
Substitute

and something new:
Bisharp @ Assault Vest (12 HP, 252 Attack, 136 Def, 16 SpDef, 92 Speed)
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Power-Up Punch
Psycho Cut / Night Slash

They are both adamant nature. Tbh I think it is better to go for more bulk than speed and just switch if someone sends in something that could cause problems if you are not behind a sub.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
They are both adamant nature. Tbh I think it is better to go for more bulk than speed and just switch if someone sends in something that could cause problems if you are not behind a sub.
They're both the standard set with bizzare EVs and PuP over Swords Dance. There's no reason to use PuP unless your name is Mega Kangaskahn, because it deals pathetic damage to anything not named TTar and then you're left at +1 instead of +2, which is completely not worth it. Bisharp needs the power of +2. For example:

252+ Atk Bisharp Power-Up Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 49-58 (13.7 - 16.2%)
+1 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 261-307 (73.1 - 85.9%)

Combined, this has nearly no chance to KO. Compare that to SD:

+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 348-411 (97.4 - 115.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

And then most importantly, after the KO you're sitting at +2 instead of +1, ready to sweep.

~~~

Anyway, I'm going to leave myself a little note here to slash Pursuit on this thing for sure post-Pokebank. Trapping and KOing Defoggers is hilarious. Pursuit might even be worth a mention now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)