Competitor Client (more specifically the team builder)

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thanks guys!

@husk: yeah, the PP will start at the standard max (3 PP Ups)

@Jump: the notes box will scroll, and I hear your concern about the squishing in the stats tab because dp will have another IV, another EV, a gender value, an ability, and a nature, and also a hidden power option. So I restructured it a bit:

note that this window is stretched a bit more horizontally than what I showed earlier, but I think it's saved quite a bit of vertical space. Do you guys like this compressed stat window better or worse?

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I recommend using our standard abbreviations for the stats. HP/Atk/Def/Spc/Spe for RBY, HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe for the rest

also, theres no way a scrollbar is useful for a range of 0-65k. i would save sliders for rs+, where there are actual limits on how far you can ev stuff.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think this might be the final layout, unless there are further comments. I took chaos' suggestions and also added a move display at the top, because when the move checklist is large, you can't see your moveset at a glance.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yeah, that will do it. the one you posted before that would still not have had room for the 13 "columns" (one Level and two each of HP Atk Def SpA SpD and Spd [as if you dont know what im talking about {brackets are fun}]), but this way it looks really good without being squeezed.

if you at all cared about giving the columns some kind of "scrollability", you could use the space to the right of "Level" for an Up button and a Down button that would directly affect the box that one currently has selected (the one that's "gray" of whatever one's "selected box" color is), but that's not really too necessary

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
if you at all cared about giving the columns some kind of "scrollability", you could use the space to the right of "Level" for an Up button and a Down button that would directly affect the box that one currently has selected (the one that's "gray" of whatever one's "selected box" color is), but that's not really too necessary
that's confusing

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
you were able to scroll to the left or right to add or subtract EVs in NB (lol, "were"), and arti's second model had that option for the EVs, which you said you didn't like for non-rs EVs. in arti's latest model there are no scroll bars whatsoever, but there is a fair bit of space in the upper-right hand corner of the "Stats" tab, where arti could implement a scroll box for the currently selected EV box (the one that's currently selected in his latest model is gray)

chaos

Owner
Grey indicates a box you cannot change, not the current selection. When creating graphical interfaces, it is extremely important to stick to conventions already established or you risk your interface feeling non-intuitive. There is hardly a precedent for buttons that modify the current selection of a box without the use of a context menu (right click menu). Nobody is going to figure that out without documentation, which will clutter the interface if presented in the same window. If presented in a different window (like a Help system) nobody will look for it and will subsequently just grow irritated with the interface.

Short version: that's confusing

Jumpman16

oh i thought you were confused with what i said, not the actual suggestion, nevermind. i feel better now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)