Project Community Create-a-Team! V2 - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(IMAGINE A BETTER HEATRAN IMAGE HERE ;))

Heatran @ Groundium Z / Leftovers

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe / or spdef

Timid Nature / or calm

IVs: 0 Atk

- Stealth Rock

- Magma Storm

- Earth Power

- Taunt

The team didn't have a reliable fire resist and struggled a bit vs toxapex, it lacked a srocker so heatran fits nicely.

Heatran + bulu is a good core as they cover each others weakness and heatran really like grassy terrain support, I'm still not sure what spread we should use as the spdef variant can't really deal with toxapex but can be a check of blacehalon, the offensive variant can deal with toxapex but lacks the bulkiness of the first one...

Last edited:
I said I wasn't sure if was better the offensive or the spdef one, the rule says at the end we're going to adjust movesets and evs of the Pokemon so i didn't really put much thought on that because I know we would have changed it later so I think either set will be choosen at the end we will Fix the evs so they would be the same, also I reserved heatran srocker but after doing the post of the heatran set I cancelled it so it doesn't count anymore, right? ,_,

Last edited:
Name of the Pokemon: Rotom Wash
Set:
Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Defog
Rationale: I chose Rotom Wash because this team needs a hazard remover, and rotom wash does a good job at that. It can also lure both bulky grass types and latios, volt switch on them, and switch out for Mawile and Blacephalon to take advantage of. Rotom Wash also relieves pressure from Tapu Bulu by checking Mega Swampert and Landorus Therian more consistently.

After looking at this team, I have realized that we have a major weakness to opposing Blacephalon. Especially since its up to a speed tie to determine whether our Blacephalon outspeeds other specs, and Scarf Blacephalon demolishes the entirety of the team. We also don't have a srocker, so I propose that we get our very own

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpAtk
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Rationale: Basically, Stealth Rock Tyranitar provides crucial role compression to this team as he will be both our stealth rocker and the answer to Blacephalon, which is one of the most pressing issues with our team. Hidden Power Grass on Blacephalon can 4HKO this set after stealth rock, and pursuit form our Tyranitar has a high chance of ohko-ing Blacephalon back with pursuit. Tyranitar also deals with Toxapex via earthquake. Another reason to use Tyranitar with our team so far, is the fact that he has pretty good synergy Tapu Bulu and Blacephalon respectively, as they are able to cover his fighting, ground, water, and grass weakness, and he cover their weakness easily.

Last edited:
Time to vote

(IMAGINE A BETTER HEATRAN IMAGE HERE ;))

Heatran @ Groundium Z / Leftovers

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe / or spdef

Timid Nature / or calm

- Stealth Rock

- Magma Storm

- Earth Power

- Taunt

The team didn't have a reliable fire resist and struggled a bit vs toxapex, it lacked a srocker so heatran fits nicely.

Heatran + bulu is a good core as they cover each others weakness and heatran really like grassy terrain support, I'm still not sure what spread we should use as the spdef variant can't really deal with toxapex but can be a check of blacehalon, the offensive variant can deal with toxapex but lacks the bulkiness of the first one...
Name of the Pokemon: Rotom Wash
Set:
Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Defog
Rationale: I chose Rotom Wash because this team needs a hazard remover, and rotom wash does a good job at that. It can also lure both bulky grass types and latios, volt switch on them, and switch out for Mawile and Blacephalon to take advantage of. Rotom Wash also relieves pressure from Tapu Bulu by checking Mega Swampert and Landorus Therian more consistently.
After looking at this team, I have realized that we have a major weakness to opposing Blacephalon. Especially since its up to a speed tie to determine whether our Blacephalon outspeeds other specs, and Scarf Blacephalon demolishes the entirety of the team. We also don't have a srocker, so I propose that we get our very own

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpAtk
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Rationale: Basically, Stealth Rock Tyranitar provides crucial role compression to this team as he will be both our stealth rocker and the answer to Blacephalon, which is one of the most pressing issues with our team. Hidden Power Grass on Blacephalon can 4HKO this set after stealth rock, and pursuit form our Tyranitar has a high chance of ohko-ing Blacephalon back with pursuit. Tyranitar also deals with Toxapex via earthquake. Another reason to use Tyranitar with our team so far, is the fact that he has pretty good synergy Tapu Bulu and Blacephalon respectively, as they are able to cover his fighting, ground, water, and grass weakness, and he cover their weakness easily.

Reserving Utility Heatran.
heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Heatran gives us a stealth rock user, a bulky steel to switch into stuff like Tapu Lele, and partners beautifully with Tapu Bulu, forming a great defensive core that can check a lot of the metagame. Heatran also gives us a more consistent steel answer, as Blacephalon can be worn down by entry hazards. Heatran can also lure, trap, and Ko Toxapex, something this team really appreciates.

Last edited:
Okay, here we go
1515452263528.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Rationale: This team sort of has a major problems with fast breakers such as Mega Pinsir, who relish the fact that our only natural check to it is Rotom Wash which can be worn down by repeated switch-ins, and is no longer a switch-in if Mega Pinsir can get to +2. Therefore I recommend we take choice scarf Landorus, because it can utilize Rock Slide to kill Mega Pinsir, and other threatening breakers/ sweepers that can take on our team. Another reason to use Scarf Lando, is that our team has no actual speed control, which will pose to be a problem that Lando can solve Other things to note about the synergy that Landorus has with our team, is that it can u-turn into Blacephalon on walls like Skarmory or Celesteela, who wall this Lando, which can help better facilitate Blacephaon.

Edit: Yeah, I agree that rock slide is better. That flinch hax is too good to pass up

Last edited:
Okay, here we go
View attachment 96626
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Rationale: This team sort of has a major problems with fast breakers such as Mega Pinsir, who relish the fact that our only natural check to it is Rotom Wash which can be worn down by repeated switch-ins, and is no longer a switch-in if Mega Pinsir can get to +2. Therefore I recommend we take choice scarf Landoru, because it can utilize Stone Edge to kill Mega Pinsir, and other threatening breakers/ sweepers that can take on our team. Another reason to use Scarf Lando, is that our team has no actual speed control, which will pose to be a problem that Lando can solve Other things to note about the synergy that Landorus has with our team, is that it can u-turn into Blacephalon on walls like Skarmory or Celesteela, which would wall this Lando, which would help better facilitate Blacephaon. Finally, stealth rock is added mainly because of how desperate our team is for a stealth rocker, and Landorus forces enough switch-ins thanks to Intimidate that it doesn't really have to worry about safely setting them up.
Agree with ur points but think rock slide would probably be better than stone edge, it revenge kills more consistently and the flinch chance is nice on a scarf set.

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Not many people consider the advantages, or power, that offensive Mew has. With the ability to OHKO Mega Mawile, one of Mew's checks, as seen here; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 244-289 (97.2 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO; it can provide some coverage not usually seen on a Mew.
However, no Mew could win against an Ash-Greninja, or even stand a chance, unless you got lucky. With this; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 309-367 (108.4 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO; Mew could theoretically KO on the switch-in, but you would need good "game-sense" to do this.
Not even Tapu Koko, said to be a Mew check, could win. 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 294-348 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO is too much, and Mew gets away, with 252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 44 SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 205-243 (60.1 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO being the best Koko can do.
If you are thinking Gengar can win, then you are right. 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 44 SpD Mew: 374-444 (109.6 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO is possible, but so is 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 296-351 (112.9 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Like with Ash-Greninja, it depends on if you are lucky and get the best prediction.
Mega Gyarados, while rare as fuck, could stop this if it tries. 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Mew: 294-348 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO. If Mew gets lucky, and hits 2 Thunder Bolts; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 187-221 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO; then it can win.
Marowak-Alola won't stop this, for an Earth Power ruins its day; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Marowak-Alola: 278-330 (106.5 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Most of these are match-up and luck based, but the luck can be in your favor at times, and I hope it is in mine, and all of yours.

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Not many people consider the advantages, or power, that offensive Mew has. With the ability to OHKO Mega Mawile, one of Mew's checks, as seen here; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 244-289 (97.2 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO; it can provide some coverage not usually seen on a Mew.
However, no Mew could win against an Ash-Greninja, or even stand a chance, unless you got lucky. With this; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 309-367 (108.4 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO; Mew could theoretically KO on the switch-in, but you would need good "game-sense" to do this.
Not even Tapu Koko, said to be a Mew check, could win. 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 294-348 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO is too much, and Mew gets away, with 252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 44 SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 205-243 (60.1 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO being the best Koko can do.
If you are thinking Gengar can win, then you are right. 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 44 SpD Mew: 374-444 (109.6 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO is possible, but so is 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 296-351 (112.9 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Like with Ash-Greninja, it depends on if you are lucky and get the best prediction.
Mega Gyarados, while rare as fuck, could stop this if it tries. 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Mew: 294-348 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO. If Mew gets lucky, and hits 2 Thunder Bolts; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 187-221 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO; then it can win.
Marowak-Alola won't stop this, for an Earth Power ruins its day; 252+ SpA Life Orb Mew Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Marowak-Alola: 278-330 (106.5 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Most of these are match-up and luck based, but the luck can be in your favor at times, and I hope it is in mine, and all of yours.
Sorry, im not putting this in, it shows that u clearly lack any actual knowledge on the **actual** metagame, for further explanation, if u want further explanation, pm me.

extending this till next week because there havent been many submissions, anybody is free to contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)