Project Community Create-a-Team! - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Iron Head

Okay, here's the current team. Feel free to submit our third member. And keep in mind we're a bit Toxapex weak atm...

Koko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Ice
Dazzling Gleam/Nature's Madness
Thunderbolt
Timid nature
252 Speed/252 Special Attack/4 Def

Now we have someone to not make us weak to Toxapex! An alternative Pivot Koko set.

Reserving CM Taunt Keldeo

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

CM Taunt Keldeo can lure in Toxapex and effectively set up on it, it is yet another way to take care of Tyranitar, it also takes on Heatran which the current mons are quite weak to, it also has decent type synergy with Blace in general since blace destroys Grass-types and loves Mantine lured.

Last edited:
Reserving Scarf Lando

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock / Explosion / Stone Edge

Lando works as an awesome check to almost all of this cores majors issues. It provides a vital ground immunity, as well as checking mons that threaten this core such as tapu koko, heatran, toxapex, and most ground types in general. Stealth rocks isnt an ideal last move but can be used if necessary for role compression.

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic / Iron Tail

I am not entirely sure if Choice Band or SubDD set will be better for this team, but I can confidently say Zygarde can help out your team out in general.

It takes care of Toxapex, Celesteela which walls your Mega Mawile and annoys Blacephalon with Leech Seed, and with Choice Band, it removes Volcarona after Stealth Rock (SubSwarm destroys your current core). It also provides handy immunity against Electric-types because Tapu Koko threatens the two Pokemon you guys have right now.

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
The team so far has a huge weakness to ground (Landorus and Zygarde come to mind). With Hydro Pump being the main stab, that problem is mostly solved. In case any grass types try and stop this spam, you have ice beam to deal with that. Dark Pulse is your other stab move, covering Blacephalon's ghost weakness, and getting rid of psychic types that might be in your way. Water Shuriken is your priority move, meant to finish off opponents you don't want to have a chance at hitting you with their own priority move, however rare that may be.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice

Defensive Landorus-T is a great option to really consider since it brings Rocks to the table along with immense defensive utility. Ground immunity, U-turn, Intimidate, etc. You can't really go wrong with it. Also, can I say I'm really confused as to where everyone is getting their ideas from for the next teammate, because some of them are really illogical "next steps" in the construction of all teams.

Role compression and covering weaknesses are really key here and we're gonna need Defog, Rocks, and a Scarfer later, and seeing the way this team is going, all the essentials of team building are gonna be left for last and you'll be forced to pick up whatever fits without bringing more weaknesses than the team can inherently handle. I don't get why people are nominating more wallbreakers when the current core blasts through pretty much the entire tier together and more pressing issues need to be addressed. The Scarf Landorus-T suggestion was a step in a good direction, it bring U-turn support for the breakers and brings a utility move to table, which should have been Defog rather than Rocks, and speed. Tapu Koko was also good, but Scarf Defog would be one of the best sets to fit here.

I guess I'm just saying that, this team is gonna end up like the last one in vanilla SM, which wasn't that great at all because essentials were ignored until the last minute and role compression was ignored. It just seemed more like a race to see who could post the cooler set.

I guess I'm just saying that, this team is gonna end up like the last one in vanilla SM, which wasn't that great at all because essentials were ignored until the last minute and role compression was ignored. It just seemed more like a race to see who could post the cooler set.
I couldn't agree more! But I really don't know how I could incentivize people to think in the long term, I mean it's community create a team after all, so I really don't wanna just prohibit a Pokémon just because it doesn't benefit the team long term, you know what I mean? I guess I could make some posts on each entry explaining how the don't contribute to the team if they actually don't now that I'm thinking about it, either way, I really appreciate your post and I do agree with all you said. Here's my submission btw:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

I feel like Mega Scizor is a great fit for the team, in the first place, it provides a Defogger, a physically defensive pivot and another way to put offensive pressure on Tyranitar, as we didn't opt for a Tyranitar lure. Mega Scizor notably formes a core with defensive Water-types such as Toxapex, Gastrodon, and Mantine, which we can definately add later to complement it. The Speed EVs are to outspeed Adamant TTar and Modest Magnezone, for obvious reasons. It also gives us a secondary priority user, which is always nice. Finally, the slow U-turn is super helpful to bring Blacephalon in.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Until now, this team is vulnerable to Toxapex, Tyranitar, Heatran, Scarf Landoruds and in general ground type Pokemon. Assault Vest Tapu Bulu is able to cover Tyranitar, pressure Toxapex with Wood Hammer, mitigate Blacephalon and Mega-Mawile's weakness to Ground type Pokemon (between its typing and Earthquake damage halving) and adding a specially defensive pivot to this team, which is something important in general.

It's not terribly passive against Heatran because it can use Nature's Madness or Superpower in a predicted switch, but using Tapu Bulu would compromise a bit future slots to put Heatran in check, but that's virtually the only bad thing about adding Assault Vest Bulu to this team.

Last edited:

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def (or SpD) / 60 Spe
Bold/Calm Nature
- Rest/Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

I figured I'd make a contribution to this since both Blacephalon and Mega Mawile are my two favorite pokes. I decided to select Rotom-W for this team because i noticed that many people suggested more wallbreakers. Blacephalon and Mawile hit a large portion of the metagame, but they do need a defensive backbone. Rotom-W has always been a great teammate for mega mawile and i figured it can do the same for Blacephalon. With levitate it can take the ground type moves for both Blacephalon and Mawile and can even bring them in safely with Volt Switch. Hydro Pump helps against Heatran and Tyranitar a bit and will-o-wisp can cripple TTar even further. Personally i like the Rest + Chesto Berry combo for Rotom-W and thanks to levitate you can use it in Misty Terrain. Depending on how you need Rotom-W you can go either bold or calm nature with the corresponding EVs. Adding Rotom-W to this core can be a great addition and i dont see it being a bad idea. Do be aware that Zygarde will give this core problems. So i suggest a Pokémon that complements the Rotom-W backbone.

*Also having Mega Mawile run Thunder Punch can help with the Toxapex weakness*

*Finally i would like to cast my vote for the Assault Vest Tapu Bulu as it does help with Zygarde if you choose to also use Rotom-W*

Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Iron Head

Okay, here's the current team. Feel free to submit our third member. And keep in mind we're a bit Toxapex weak atm...
Honestly love the look of this core! These two pokemon are both deceivers and its cool to think about them trying to trick each other. Anyhow i think this core is really good it forces out lots of switches. As we have all agreed this core is weak to Toxapex, however i do think that the option for Mawile using Thunder Punch is great it takes care of Toxapex and Celesteela which can pose a nascence even to Blacephalon if it misses Fire Blast or (Arceus forbid) Overheat. Also i would like to point out again that this core does force out lots of switches to entry hazards support would be amazing as it punishes switches and can help make 2HKOS into OHKOs.

From what i see right now this this core needs a Defensive backbone, and Hazards Support. With that in mind i feel thats where the ideas for teammates should focus on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)