Cinccino Discussion

Look at this adorable mon. Most users saw it as simply that until a certain someone started to show how monstrous this thing could be. Despite being hidden in the shadows in the upper tiers, Cincinno is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the NU tier.

Possible sets:

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Tail Slap / Return
move 2: Rock Blast
move 3: Bullet Seed
move 4: Wake-Up Slap
item: Life Orb
ability: Technician
nature: Jolly / Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

The most common and hands down the best Cincinno set around. Technician Boosted Tail Slap is pretty damn powerful, and Rock Blast/ Bullet Seed do a ton if super effective, and all of the moves have pretty solid coverage with each other. This definitely makes Cincinno a viable offensive threat in the NU metagame. Wake Up Slap allows Cincinno to hit Steel pokes, and Technician brings it up to a semi respectable base 90 attack. Cincinno still has some problems (like Tail Slap's shaky 85% accuracy), but base 115 speed sets it as one of the fastest mons in NU.

Discuss!

I seriously hope that it gets Icicle Spear and Arm Thrust (with 25 BP) in the near future because if it did it would just become a complete Powerhouse.

But right now i really don't see why it's not atleast UU because it can do a serious beating to everything that isn't steel, it's just a shame that he didn't get a Stronger Fighting or Ground move.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
cinccino is amazing. ive been using this guy in uu, ru and nu and it just wrecks stuff.
A technician and STAB boosted tail slap can reach 250 base power iirc and bullet seed and rock blast can reach 187 base power. The prevalence of substitute in this metagame means Cinccino can switch in and break the opponents substitute and keep attacking them after the sub has broken
Using cinccino is definitely a high risk strategy due to the unreliable nature of multi hit moves so we'll just have to wait for skill link to be released

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Techniloom:

The reason is simply: Technician, while great for Cinccino, doesn't help it as much as Skill Link would. With Tech, yes you have a chance of getting in 5 hits at 50 power each, but the average base power is a lot lower (less than 125 actually). With Skill Link, its a solid 125 bp each time. Also its really really frail maybe?

I definitely agree that Skill Link would be much more useful than Technician, albeit that basically eliminates any usefullness with Wake Up Slap.

I actually have been running Cincinno on a pivot team (with U-turn instead of Wake Up Slap) and it has been fairly pretty well.

Cinccino is really a beast. Underrated. It can just come in after the SR and possibly Spikes are laid down and start Tail Slapping you. It's just monstrous in terms of power.

Wake-up Slap doesn't really do enough damage to the appropriate targets, I've found U-turn to be much more useful anyway. Skill Link will be much better for it.

But yes, Cinccino is an amazing Pokemon in the lower tiers, it outspeeds basically everything in NU :D

Also Tail Slap's 85% accuracy is so fucking annoying >:[

as omicron said, u-turn is a viable option on cinccino, so i would add that as a slash, but outside of that the set is very solid and is very destructive in the nu environment.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as omicron said, u-turn is a viable option on cinccino, so i would add that as a slash, but outside of that the set is very solid and is very destructive in the nu environment.
This isn't his analysis, it's just a discussion thread. Also welcome to Smogon!

Hate to bump an old thread but using Kings Rock Skill Link Cinccino with Spikes and/or Thunder Wave support is a really good way to watch your opponent go insane. On average it has as much power as CB, maybe more if you're lucky or less otherwise. Again, not something I'd recommend if you're seriously laddering but worth considering for the occasional fun battle.

In terms of actual support, Kangaskhan strikes me as an awesome offensive partner. With Scrappy and surprisingly good offensive stats, she can really rough up some of Cinccino's counters so that he'll have a much easier time later, like any of the rock-type walls (especially the steel/rocks that she hits for 4x), Misdreavus, or common priority users. Both of these 'mons are actually really strong and last a lot longer than Swellow, I'd like to see them used more!

PO lets me use it in standard NU so idk.

As a firm believer that Skill Link is better than Technician in any circumstance, I too think U-turn is better than Wake Up Slap. Even if you do foolhardily opt for Technician, there's still no way you're bypassing Regirock, Lairon, Bastiodon or Probopass. U turn lets you stack up hazard damage on these Pokes and go to a more appropriate counter.

Sayonara

don't forget
I can't wait to see which tier Cincinno will be placed it once its Dream World Ability; Skill Link, gets released. It does very well in NU, but its lack of usage won't help it get to the higher tiers, unfortunately for the Chinchilla Pokemon.

Jumping on the Skill Link bandwagon here and saying that DW Cincinno is going to be pro.

Having dealt with enough Cloysters in the upper tiers, the higher chances of scoring a critical hit with Skill Link alone makes it a better choice on Cincinno.

So far it's not living up to expectations, at least from my experience.

Hey, would Wide lens be of any use for Cincinno? While you trade away some of life orb's power, you have fewer infuriating "missing at just the wrong time" moments. Also yeah, skill link will be a godsend (I guess that would be Arceus-send) :), since we all know what Cloyster can do with skill link.

Hey, would Wide lens be of any use for Cincinno? While you trade away some of life orb's power, you have fewer infuriating "missing at just the wrong time" moments. Also yeah, skill link will be a godsend (I guess that would be Arceus-send) :), since we all know what Cloyster can do with skill link.
Life Orb really gives some extra needed power to Cinccino. I don't really think that Wide Lens is worth that loss

canno

formerly The Reptile

if accuracy is a problem, I think you're much better off running LO Return than Wide Lens Tail Slap (although coverage moves don't get accuracy, the LO boost is, imo, too important)

Also, Skill Link is going to be amazing on him.

Hey, thanks for the answers, guys, and yeah Cinccino wants Life orb's power more than a worrying about a chance at missing. Also, I was under the impression rock blast's accuracy was still 80%, I didn't know until I checked that B/W boosted it to 90%. Looks like life orb is best. Thanks for the help!

This thing is comparable to Zweilous. Hits hard but is inaccurate, although Zweilous is probably a more extreme case Cinccino still has both feet on the boat.

It's definitely a huge threat, I find Tangela walls it pretty well, but it's speed and damage potential can be quite intimidating for unprepared teams. Bullet Seed demolishes some of the better physical walls like Regirock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)