CAPTT 3 Discussion & Trash Talk Thread

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Time for another edition of....

Power Rankings by HeaL... without any actual rankings (aka ship watching / who's gay for who)

Malacondas: [Money: 10000 | Bidders: jas61292, ria] Players: Silverwhiteblue, DetroitLolcat, Quote, EpicUmbreon29, TraceofLife, mxmts, NumberCruncher, Marjane, hoblaph, EPICflygon, Alice Kazumi, Z strats

Tier Analysis:
SM: jas/ria/dlc/epiceumbreon/mxmts/numbercruncher/marjane/hoblaph/EPICflygon
ORAS: jas/ria/dlc/epiceumbreon/mxmts/numbercruncher/hoblaph/EPICflygon
Dubs: Silverwhiteblue, Z strats? idk
LC: Quote, Alice Kazumi

Jas drafted heavily in SM and many of his SM players have a good grasp on ORAS. His other tiers have significantly less members, but well there's only one Dubs slot and one LC slot so it makes sense. I really don't know who z strats is so I apologize about that, but SWB is an oldie when it comes to CAP dubs. At least Quote and Alice will be able to teamtest with each other for LC. Both are pretty solid players with lots of LC experience. I remember Quote was in the earlier CAP LC tour but I can't remember if Alice was. Alice = cool tho.

Big name power: Biggest names on the team are jas, silverwhiteblue, and quote. Everyone else is not nearly as experienced as these three. Will having only 3 top players give the team a big enough off an oomph to win?

Team Affinity: For once we have a pairing that's not gay, as jas and marjane are two-thirds of a royal CAP survivor alliance and they can easily make a couple. Biggest question is if jas has to pretend that marjane is a guy just so that he can talk to her without his heart skipping a beat, his skin sweating, or his body trembling. I'm actually genuinely curious what was going on in jas's head as he and marjane played survivor? Did, **le gasp** gender not impact the nature of faceless interaction over the internet???? Is jas an evolved humanoid who has conquered man's sexist discrimination???

There is one other hurdle between Marjane and Jas. Jas chose the fair maiden Zelda over Marjane once; will he cheat again?

Epic x EPIC seems like a pretty epic ship.

I'm really not seeing many paths for steamy action for Quote on this team. He'll probably be wearing a chastity belt this whole time and turn into a focused killing machine intent on being the very best, like no one ever was.

SilverWhiteBlue will color himself however he wants.

Crackling Krilowatts: [Money: 21500 | Bidders: reachzero, lucariooflegends] Players: Airwind, OP, n10sit, Melon, p2, boxofkangaroos, Broken Phobias, Heliodor, Wenderz, Sharp Ladder UU

Tier Analysis:
SM: reach/lucario/airwind/broken/box/wenderz/p2
ORAS: reach/airwind/wenderz
Dubs: n10sit, heliodor
LC: Melon, OP

Honestly this team looks really stretched thin. Reach obviously has the numbers to fill every slot, but the quality of his subs aren't nearly up to par in SM. He arguably doesn't even have 3 big names for SM which puts him at quite a disadvantage in sm. The team had over 20k left and probably should have tried to snag bigger names when they were still available in the auction.

Big Name Power: Reach / OP. That's kind of it. Though they are two good big names to have.

Team Affinity: Welp. We have another CAP Survivor duo in reach/lucario, and if I had to take a guess Reach started respecting Luc a lot at least in part of their time together in survivor. They weren't ever as close as jas/marjane, but who knows, maybe there was something going on behind the scenes that even I missed.

There's a lot, and I mean a lot of ships between LCers. LCers shipping everything like crazy was what even started my trend to do ship-based rankings in my power rankings for CAPTT1. Sadly, I'm not really sure if Melon and OP have been shipped. I mean... maybe they have potential? While Squirtle's big round head might look like a melon, there's one big obvious catch; Squirtle is not waterless. I don't think the two can ever reconcile their differences over how much they like or dislike water.

I really don't know about the dubs players on this team. So that means it's up to n10sit and heliodor to form a ship that's so strong that the rest of the team becomes invigorated by them. It's a lot of pressure.

box will ship kangaroos across the continental US for a low, low flat rate.

Naughty Necturnas: [Money: 0 | Bidders: sparktrain] Players: snake_rattler, Rage.Spam.Quit., Arcade, Kyubics, sam-testings, Drew, Heaven Jay, AuraRayquaza, dusk raimon

Tier Analysis:
SM: spark/snake/rage/arcade/kyubics/jay/dusk
ORAS: spark/snake/jay
Dubs: Aura/dusk?
LC: sam/drew

It's a pretty strong SM line up. Spark, snake, and jay are obviously the sm stars but rage, arcade, and kyu are no slouches either and can definitely pull in some wins. And well, they kind of flat out have to because it looks like the 3 star SMers have to sacrifice one of their own each week to fill the ORAS slot. I don't know much about Aura, but he'll probably lead off dubs. Having a lack of a dubs sub will suck though. For LC, the good news for this team is that not only are sam and drew SM LC players, they're also some of the few people who've been active in CAP LC so they have advantages from both sides of the fence. Neither are superstar players but they have the stuff.

Big Name Power: spark, snake, jay. All solid players but I don't think they have much range and can only SM or ORAS. Spark in theory could LC but he bought two great LCers so it would be a waste of that money to not play one of them each week in LC.

Team Affinity: Ah, another sweet tale of CAP Survivor romance. Spark. Alone on an island for days and days. snake, his shining white snakey knight who lifted him in his strong powerful arms and carried him to safety. But what's this??? Spark then chose to vote out snekkers-kun??? OH, the BETRAYAL!! Can their blooming love recover and reach the level that it once was?

Sammy and Drew are a pretty decent LC ship. It started out as just frenly stuff. Sam would ask Drew to come over to play with mienfoo and billy action figures. One day they even went to the beach. And then the sleep overs happened. It was innocuous enough; drew fell asleep against sam's shoulder after sitting on the coach for so long watching the typical date night movie of Die Hard. It just grew from there. Of course, nothing was ever made official, but maybe this tour will be what it takes to make them take the plunge.

Sunny Side-Up Sunkerns: [Money: 11500 | Bidders: animusmajulous, snorlaxintheway] Players: Jho, SHSP, Demantoid, Ming549, ItzViper482, Infamy, StellaCAP, PenQuin, ScarfWynaut, Mova, Serenes Grace

Tier Analysis:
SM: animus/snorly/jho/shsp/verru/pen
ORAS: animus/verru/pen
Dubs: demantoid/ming/scarf?
LC:viper/infamy/grace

The team is kinda weak in SM. Not super weak, but... there's not an oomph. There's a good number of players and the subs plans seem pretty solid. I don't really see any potential for johns from this team. Decent range, decent players... But where are the stars?

Big Name Power: Animus... and... Infamy? Infamy is a big name right? I mean we all know of him, but do we know him for the right reasons?

Team Affinity: The team has snorly. This pretty much guarantees that relationships and frenliness is not a priority. And I'm trying really, really hard but I just can't see any ships. Mova's art is really the only thing that can possibly save this team and make sure that they work together well. Art vs the world!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)