CAP Update Rundown

Fun read. Nitpick, on this statement though:

"Arghonaut was created with the concept of being able to check the most prominent threats within the DPP CAP meta, which included Blissey, Scizor, Heatran, Syclant, Revenankh, and Stratagem."

That one stuck out like a sore thumb. Arghonaut, like the other 4th gen CaPs (after DJD worked to get the structure going after Syclant/Rev), was created for standard OU only. None of them were created back then to do well on the CaP ladder or in any regards to existing CaPs. This was highlighted by the playtesting period after each one was complete. Arghonaut was just one of the better ones that did well in both metas.

Fun read. Nitpick, on this statement though:

"Arghonaut was created with the concept of being able to check the most prominent threats within the DPP CAP meta, which included Blissey, Scizor, Heatran, Syclant, Revenankh, and Stratagem."

That one stuck out like a sore thumb. Arghonaut, like the other 4th gen CaPs (after DJD worked to get the structure going after Syclant/Rev), was created for standard OU only. None of them were created back then to do well on the CaP ladder or in any regards to existing CaPs. This was highlighted by the playtesting period after each one was complete. Arghonaut was just one of the better ones that did well in both metas.
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're mistaken and Arghonaut was indeed created for the CAP meta, as you can see from the OP from the Main Type discussion, which mention several past CAPs.
darkie said:
This is our concept:

Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak

Reactions: Jho
@mxmts Where are you quoting that from? After-playtesting discussion? Darkie wasn't even the one who submitted the original concept.

I'm definitely not mistaken however. You might want to check the archives.

Last edited:
Well, that will then call for a nice long history session for me later on tonight to get some of the rust off that (and I don't even play anymore). It was nine years ago, lol. So many discussions in the forum, IRC, and the Shoddy server itself. So much work was put into policy from the second CaP to like the eighth to chisle the main structure out. Only a select few people can remember and divulge it accurately today. I don't even remember which one had the concept assessment first established.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)