CaP 25 F Prevo - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Let's get these babies some stats! This thread will be concentrating on Smokomodo's Prevos!

Code:
Stats: 88 HP / 116 Atk / 67 Def / 88 SpA / 78 SpD / 97 Spe
The above are Smokomodo's stats! A potent physical attacker which can utilise the power of Technician in order to bolster its offences!

As with previous stats subs, I am allowing you to Final Submit from the beginning of the thread, but I will post a 24 hour warning in about 72 hours so people have time to discuss/work on their spreads. Please make sure your stats are clear and easily readable. Makes my life a bit easier when it comes to looking over the numbers and reasoning!

As these guys are starters, I want you guys to heavily use other starters as precedence! All First Forms have BSTs of between 307(Fennekin)-320 (Gen 7), with a second form of 405 (Gen 1-4)-420 (Gen 7)! These are narrow bands but I know you guys can do it!

Our Prevos So Far:

Caribolt
Type:
Grass -> Grass/Electric -> Grass/Electric
Ability: Overgrow/Lightning Rod -> Overgrow/Galvanize -> Overgrow/Galvanize

Smokomodo
Type:
Fire -> Fire/Ground -> Fire/Ground
Ability: Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician

Snaelstrom
Type:
Water -> Water/Bug -> Water/Bug
Ability: Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Stage 1: 48 HP / 56 Atk / 47 Def / 63 SpA / 48 SpD / 57 Spe ; BST: 319

Looking at Smokomodo's early Level Up movepool, I noticed a fair number of Special Attacks, with physical attacks first starting around the standard evolution levels. As such, I decided to base the stats on giving Smokiddo's SpA the early highlight. BST continues the Smokomodo tradtion of being one below maximum.

Stage 2: 63 HP / 86 Atk / 57 Def / 73 SpA / 63 SpD / 77 Spe ; BST: 419

And at the midde step, we start to see the most notable aspects of Smokomodo's movepool - the HP-dependent bulk, and the swing over to physical strength.

Increases:
1-2: +15/+30/+10/+10/+15/+20
2-3: +25/+30/+10/+15/+15/+20

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

48 HP / 66 Atk / 43 Def / 58 SpA / 48 SpD / 56 Spe BST: 319

68 HP / 86 Atk / 53 Def / 68 SpA / 68 SpD / 76 Spe BST: 419

Smokomodo's stat line is HEAVILY inspired by its Gen 7 counterpart Incineroar, with only no random and stupid stat drops. While not intentionally so, I would reckon that primary stage Smokid could actually pull off a respectable competitive set in CAP LC set. Its middle stage is ok ig? It mostly seems like a logical progression to Emperor Smok Smokomodo. I also have this neat little stat spread gimmick with my other mons that Smoko embodies here, inspired in part by that cool note that Dogfish made.

Caribolt Prevos = 318 - 420
Smokomodo Prevos = 319 - 419
Snaelstrom Prevos = 320 - 418

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Submission
63 HP / 73 Atk / 56 Def / 35 SpA / 56 SpD / 37 Spe BST = 320

83 HP / 93 Atk / 76 Def / 45 SpA / 76 SpD / 47 Spe BST = 420

I wanted to give respect to the under-appreciated Tepig line with a slow, bulky, physical attacking fire type. The stats on these Pokemon are made for so that it can be a tank with access to great setup potential in bulk up and morning sun. With its wide array of moves to pair with technician including mach punch, bulldoze, force palm, flame wheel, etc., it would be able to do a lot of damage with a choice band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)