NOC C9++ Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I'll post more fresh memewhen everyone else starts posting (hint hint)
man I can't think of many things I would want to do less than play mafia when on vacation

earlio how can you read through around 8 pages of content and not find anyone scummy? and even if that's the case and a pressure vote is all you can manage why are you using it on someone whom you think is town? why are you even talking about the serial killer? there's no way to distinguish between SK or mafia without mafia flips for interactions. people who talk about SKs for no reason are normally scum who aren't good at faking scumhunting. reads like newbscum imo

Haruno- I gathered you thought durza was scummy from post #124? I guess you were just joking then. why am I scum and what are your reads about other people?

Champ- no you should not have claimed. we actually need power roles in this game less than most other games because both sides are low-power. VTs can scumhunt without worrying that they'll get killed and cause the town to lose a PR. also fwiw you didn't actually have a 50% chance to have a PR. Around 30% is probably more accurate.

Jalmont- why is asking questions scummy? that's pretty much what I'm doing too

I really don't get the durza scumreads. not ~townreading~ them or anything but most of it seems like newb play in conjunction with getting offended too easily. I also don't get why people (namely, twin and zorbees) think durza and fenrir are plausible scumbuddies. If durza IS scum why would they ask their buddy to claim their role instead of asking a townie? how does it benefit scum to claim that early?
My best bet for Scum is currently Durza, because even though I am leaning towards town for them I could also see them being scum (especially considering they're viewing rn and hasn't said anything). Nobody is particularly jumping out as scum for me as only a handful of people have posted enough posts for me to confidently read (i.e. The people I have read) and none of them are looking too scummy. As this day phase goes on I'll definitely be updating my reads.

And anyhow the bulk of those 8 pages is just Twin going ballistic on Durza

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Oh and I'm talking about the Serial Killrr because it would be more advantageous to lynch/rule out a serial killer over the mafia to prevent any power roles from dying accidentally if they targeted the SK.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Yeah I don't think any scum would react so violently
Lynch Fenrir
Still personally looks like scum trying hard to look like involved town

Vote Count 1.2

Fenrir: acidphoenix, DurzaOffTopic, kirsche, Earlio (L-3)
Earlio: asek, BBM, zorbees
BBM: Haruno, Fenrir
Thetwinmasters: Champ1604
Asek: Twin
acidphoenix: Jalmont

Not voting: MoodyCloud

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BigBangMeteor My possibility of a Durza/Fenrir scumteam wasn't a strong read, I just think its possible. I have scumreads on both of them for separate reasons. I feel like the whole Durza/Twin argument could have been a ploy by Durza to distract people from the Fenrir wagon that was happening, but who knows. I do think that the longer Durza calls Fenrir scummy, the less likely he is to be bussing a teammate, so Durza very well could just be town. However, the fact that he eases off of Fenrir as soon as the Durza/Fenrir scumteam is brought up is a bit odd. Could just be a coincidence though.

I don't think the asking Fenrir to claim is alignment indicative, if Durza really did think it was L-1 then it makes sense. As I said before, I feel like its more likely for scum to know what majority is, so if anything, its slightly towny of him, but I don't think it makes up for the rest of his bad play. I more scumread Durza based off of his reactions after the fact. I don't get why he thinks going between lynches is a bad thing when the whole early part of the game is called Random Voting Stage.

DurzaOffTopic I think I can clarify a couple of Twin's questions:

why do you want fenrir to be lynched
This is a response to when you said "yes please" to twin's "1 more vote on fenrir" when you thought it was L-1. Twin is asking why are you so sure Fenrir is scum a few hours into the game. This is followed up by his "do you think or do you know he is scum", implying you would know he is scum if you are on his team.

I really don't like Durza's list of reads either, he said BBM needed to talk more when he was one of the more active players last night, says Earlio is insightful, and and isn't really committing to any reads. Just seems overly forced.

Reads and general thoughts

Alive:
acidphoenix - null read
Asek - feels townie to me, but I don't like the playstyle but w/e
BigBangMeteor - hasn't said enough, talk more.
Champ1604 - feels townie again, know him from PS trash
Earlio - Insightful postings occasion on, but confusing to read. Don't have a read either way
Fenrir Aesir - Leaning scum, reasoning given on first page. HOWEVER, he has improved greatly with calm and rational posting.
Haruno - I'm not gonna go ahead and say he's town but I do like the way he's thinking.
Jalmont - Need to see more, but null read.
kirsche - havn't seen enough
MoodyCloud - Need to see more, please post more.
Thetwinmasters - scum or terrible town.
zorbees - Null read, like the posts so far.
All of these reads have so much hedging in them lmao.
Vote Durzaofftopic

Why are there fucking 8 pages of one line posts.

I'm putting Twin as town because he seems interested in getting down to the meaning of stuff and pushing people. He genuinely reads exasperated as a townie wanting to have their opinions talked about by other people. That being said:

Could you expand/give examples on this? The reason I ask is that I have a few niggling points about them (vote Fenrir Aesir btw), for example I don't like how the first thing he comes into the game with is setup spec. Setup spec is easy content for a mafioso to generate discussion over, much harder than trying to actually scum hunt and analyse, and can be an easy excuse to justify leaving RVS (which he has already claimed credit for). My impression of his BBM case is that BBM is scummy for testing his reaction (which is the pont of RVS, literally everything is a reaction test) and then going away for an hour, he doesn't talk about BBM's reads or his logic/mindset just the semantics over whether or not a vote in RVS is a reaction test and whether going away for an hour after making an RVS vote is scummy behaviour. This is a really desperately justified scumread imo for the sake of having one. What do you think of his comments that don't pertain to you Fenrir Aesir

Also think Earlio is bad for placing a bad vote then zooming off but I want to talk with Fenrir for now. Would happily lynch either of them.

BBM's logic and thought process seems to be good, looking forward to seeing more of him. He's a very strong town player so it should be obvious in time if he's town or not.
He reads like he is having trouble putting out his thoughts and his constant delay in making posts make it seem he is really calculating his posts when he writes them which I'm not sure comes from a town perspective.

Yeah we're both long time SF players.

Durza: Can you explain what Twin's intent is as scum? I kinda got lost during your arguments and am struggling to get the patience to reread, but it seems you have a feeling Twin might be "bad town" (not sure I agree) but you're voting him anyway, so can you explain what makes you think he's scum now that things have calmed down?
He never voted me

Please don't claim even if you're VT it lets maf find PRs by "process of elimination" (henceforth called PoE).

That said not fond of "it's cool if you lynch me" posts as from past experience it's rarely town. No-one was really pushing for Champ's lynch and randlynching is dumb so it comes out of nowhere as a kind of appeal to emotion. Small scumread for this.

Don't really agree with all this Twin hate on something like switching votes. What's the gain for someone as scum? All scum does by trying to generate discussions is that discussions get generated and that's generally bad for scum, even if it makes him look good short term. Being on the lookout for lurk scum does not make you mafia. Especially since it's early and so scumreads can flip quickly as content multiplies exponentially. The only good thing about lynching Twin in my eyes is that I won't have to suffer through 8 pages of one line posts every time I wake up.

That said be wary if he doesn't come back and truly follow stuff up like Jalmont has mentioned. It's obvious this "strategy" can't work for scum long-term so simply applying pressure and trying to get him to expand on his points often will reveal his alignment and help discussion.

Durza if you think Twin is town and you are town how does it benefit you/anyone to call out Twin in such a manner? All this is going to do is start another argument that fills the thread with spam. Also, can you give an example of what Earlio said that was "insightful"? They don't even have a scum read yet lmao. Very strange reads list. My b on thinking you were voting Twin though.

Speaking of:

Twin seems too aggressive to be scum (but then again I said that about Hawkie, but different scenario here).
How is the situation different in such a way that Twin can be town while Hawkie was scum?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Please don't claim even if you're VT it lets maf find PRs by "process of elimination" (henceforth called PoE).

That said not fond of "it's cool if you lynch me" posts as from past experience it's rarely town. No-one was really pushing for Champ's lynch and randlynching is dumb so it comes out of nowhere as a kind of appeal to emotion. Small scumread for this.

Don't really agree with all this Twin hate on something like switching votes. What's the gain for someone as scum? All scum does by trying to generate discussions is that discussions get generated and that's generally bad for scum, even if it makes him look good short term. Being on the lookout for lurk scum does not make you mafia. Especially since it's early and so scumreads can flip quickly as content multiplies exponentially. The only good thing about lynching Twin in my eyes is that I won't have to suffer through 8 pages of one line posts every time I wake up.

That said be wary if he doesn't come back and truly follow stuff up like Jalmont has mentioned. It's obvious this "strategy" can't work for scum long-term so simply applying pressure and trying to get him to expand on his points often will reveal his alignment and help discussion.

Durza if you think Twin is town and you are town how does it benefit you/anyone to call out Twin in such a manner? All this is going to do is start another argument that fills the thread with spam. Also, can you give an example of what Earlio said that was "insightful"? They don't even have a scum read yet lmao. Very strange reads list. My b on thinking you were voting Twin though.

Speaking of:

How is the situation different in such a way that Twin can be town while Hawkie was scum?
The scenario was the vamps setup, where hawkie was vampire d1 and harassed me until I spilled the beans and claimed town while simultaneously looking like the worst possible convert target, meaning he could convert me with very little suspicion.

durza- there's no reason to listpost reads on everyone if you don't have a read on most of those people; reads like content for the sake of it. then the few people there are reads about don't make a lot of sense- earlio has probably the shallowest reads in the game, and asek and twin have a pretty similar playstyle with the only difference being that twin posts more and is more abrasive. one is leaning town and the other is their strongest scumread. why is asek a townread?

I don't see a problem with frequently asking questions as long as you're asking them for a reason and do things with the answers. for me, wrt acidphoenix I'm more concerned about the second part, and their posts today, as opposed to their posts yesterday, which actually did have opinions. the ones today are just defending against what jalmont said and not actually contributing more.

I’m glad to see everyone’s posted at least once (I think). I’m currently planning to respond to everything that’s happened since I left last night,then go back through the first seven pages, and culminate with my reads based on that. I'm going to be on and offline sporadically today.

My impression of his BBM case is that BBM is scummy for testing his reaction (which is the pont of RVS, literally everything is a reaction test) and then going away for an hour, he doesn't talk about BBM's reads or his logic/mindset just the semantics over whether or not a vote in RVS is a reaction test and whether going away for an hour after making an RVS vote is scummy behaviour. This is a really desperately justified scumread imo for the sake of having one. What do you think of his comments that don't pertain to you Fenrir Aesir
Did I not say that I think he felt pressured to include a “reason” with his vote? Or do you not consider that a mindset?

I’m working on a second post that contains my opinions on the first seven pages as a whole. This will include my thoughts on things not directly relating to me.

I'm only halfway through page 1 but Fenrir I don't think the vig and cop will be claiming anytime soon
Considering that the first thing I said in my first post was, “No power roles should claim,” good for them?

Are we by any chance going for a randlynch? In that case, feel free to lynch me as I'm a VT. Unlike other games, in this game, we NEED the power roles. Have a nice day.
I have problems with people claiming VT w/ no pressure if only because it accomplishes nothing. Early on it’s effectively filler. I don’t see how Asek gets a “hard town read” from this.

I encourage Champ to take the time to read all eight pages himself. It can be done multiple times over the course of an hour, especially considering how many of the posts are one-liners.

I think BBM and kirsche have summed up a lot of what I think about Fenrir, however, I will vote Earlio instead in the meantime. Last game, it was really obvious (in hindsight) that he was recruited, and obvious to me that he was town d1, so I'm putting pressure on someone who I think will be easy to read provided he posts more.

I think twin is town and Durza is more likely to be scum, but idk about Durza. I feel like, if he is being honest about why he asked Fenrir to claim, it is more likely that scum is thinking about what number majority is than town, so he may have honestly not realized. I do think a Durza/Fenrir team seems like it could make some sense.

Asek is acting similarly to last game when he was town, thats my only experience with him though.

Null reads on mostly everyone else.
There Are Vamps ITG is the only game on this site I’ve read, granted I don’t remember much of it because I was primarily spectating Hawkie. I do recall you and Earlio being recruits and plan on rereading that game to get an idea of the people present in both that and this one.

I need to go over the first seven pages still, but did Durza ever say he thought I was at L-1?

vote acidphoenix - sick vote by me right here. A lot of fluff in terms of actually statements/arguments and way too much question asking for me. It's not like twin or asek's constant activity but just feels like "getting by." Personally think this is a much better vote than what anyone has presented so far.

Funnily enough I think the first couple of pages were more noticeable for me in terms of stuff happening. Whether or not thats because I lost interest after the nonsense started flowing in I couldn't say.

I have no particular thoughts about twin. I think people give him too much of a pass on letting him do his "why did u do this x" or "x is scum" but never saying exactly anything beyond that. His constant flipflopping and stuff is annoying from a personal standpoint as well and probably damaging in terms of actually finding mafia but it's not something I can point to being as scum. Well I can, I'm just not going to for now.

Durza on the other hand is much more interesting in how violent his reaction was. Maybe that's too harsh a word, but boy, he got way too aggressive in response to twin. Perhaps this is just durza (I'm in no position to say) but the reaction just felt a little forced? BBM had some very good analysis in that he wasn't sure and I'm not even sure what set him off against twin in the first place. If there's no concrete/reasonable reason to get so aggressive, you have to think it's contrived in some way. And I think that points towards him being mafia looking to get a couple pity points in that people will feel his strong emotional reaction comes from a town.

I'm biased against people who post 1 billion single lined posts per day and biased towards people who are active enough, yet posting reasonable stuff that isn't just fluff "x is town" but actually provides interesting reasoning or stuff that I genuinely need to take the time to think about. For that reason Asek is bad, kirsche is good and BBM is very good. The problem with this meta shift for me is that so many people are posting like this that it's no longer feasible to say "well someone posting like this is probably not mafia because this would bring way too much attention to themselves." But when you have people posting like asek/twin every game/every time, the read just isn't there anymore. Add to the fact that you can't actually read to their content and you're forced to either ignore them or lynch them before endgame.

don't give a fuck about people who haven't posted, their time is coming.

i'm probably going to bed too. see ya
Jalmont’s post contains no opinion on myself, Asek, or Earlio. I’d appreciate seeing these. His decision to vote acidphoenix instead of one of the numerous established wagons reads town to me. I share the bias against people who flood the thread with one-liners,but I didn't think it's an unfounded bias-what's stopping themffrom compiling their thoughts?

Mostly just lurking, I suppose.
I'll join somethin' someday.
That’s the spirit.

Back now, sorry for the stupid combo of vote+dodge, I genuinely had to leave at that point (3% battery on phone, on vacation). My vote in Durza was mostly going off of how badly I cracked D1 on the vampire NOC and that was really the only NOC experience I had to go off of, so I was following that thinking that scum would react differently to increasing pressure compared to a town just getting increasingly annoyed.

And if I'm reading this correctly, there may or may not be a serial killer, which I'm sure would be easier to notice than the organized mafia through lack of posts/extreme safety on posts.
Was Durza not getting increasingly annoyed? I still need to my re-analysis of the first seven pages, but if I recall correctly he was.

I disagree very strongly with your thoughts on how the Serial Killer would play. To explain without introducing too much wifom to the subject, a Serial Killer can effectively play their town game due to not having partners to worry about and effectively knowing as much as a Vanilla Townie-their own role and wincon.

jalmont you realize that i was active for the 20 minutes between actually starting to play -> going to sleep and that's about all the time i was actually paying attention to the thread (literally my only other post is the initial RVS vote)

and yes i'm going to ask questions when the alternative is slogging through the first 6 pages for slips, which is both less efficient and less enjoyable
You don’t have to “dig through for slips,” but I encourage you in the same way I encouraged Champ to read through the whole game so far (it’s seriously not that much). You must be able to form some opinion of your own through reading them.

Asek is coming off as town just from the similarity to town Asek from vamps, Twin seems too aggressive to be scum (but then again I said that about Hawkie, but different scenario here). Fenrir's posts seem pretty premeditated for what's basically the shitpost storm that is early D1 which could be a scum trying really hard to seem like invested town or it could just be his play style. Durza seems like annoyed town right now to me but I still have the vote on them to see how they react under more pressure.

Haven't really seen enough of anyone else so far to really get reads, but I'd figure that the theoretical serial killer would be laying very low, which could really be anyone who hasn't posted much.
My first post is premeditated. I typed up my thoughts on the setup almost as soon as I found out what it was, but waited until I had my role PM to actually post it. I thought the comment with strikethrough at the end (“Because I waited for my role PM like a good boy”) made this clear.

On another note, I’m surprised to see a lack of opinion on both myself and Durza, and a read on Thetwinmasters based on their aggression (I find aggression to be NAI). I started typing up follow-up questions only to see that you did in fact come to a conclusion later on. The comment on the Thetwinmasters read still stands.

Jalmont- why is asking questions scummy? that's pretty much what I'm doing too
I don’t want to put words in Jalmont’s mouth, but I think the problem is that acidphoenix isn’t following up on the answers people give to his questions (or even acknowledging they they’re answered).

Oh and I'm talking about the Serial Killrr because it would be more advantageous to lynch/rule out a serial killer over the mafia to prevent any power roles from dying accidentally if they targeted the SK.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but a PR targeting the SK doesn’t cause the PR’s death.

I got excited about Durza’s long post,but it’s mostly just him salting at Thetwinmasters. >_>

Reads and general thoughts

Alive:
acidphoenix - null read
Asek - feels townie to me, but I don't like the playstyle but w/e
BigBangMeteor - hasn't said enough, talk more.
Champ1604 - feels townie again, know him from PS trash
Earlio - Insightful postings occasion on, but confusing to read. Don't have a read either way
Fenrir Aesir - Leaning scum, reasoning given on first page. HOWEVER, he has improved greatly with calm and rational posting.
Haruno - I'm not gonna go ahead and say he's town but I do like the way he's thinking.
Jalmont - Need to see more, but null read.
kirsche - havn't seen enough
MoodyCloud - Need to see more, please post more.
Thetwinmasters - scum or terrible town.
zorbees - Null read, like the posts so far.
I’d like to give my thoughts on these reads.

acidphoenix-Null
Asek-What don’t you like about the playstyle and how does it detract from your town reading him?
BigBangMeteor-Null (by the way has definitely said enough for you to have an opinion imo)
Champ1604-What about him feels townie? Because at this point, I don’t see it.
Earlio-“Insightful postings early on.” Such as? Early on he has a total of two posts I recall, those being votes on myself and you before he leaves. “But don’t have an opinion either way.” AKA Null.
Fenrir-Scum “but has improved"
Haruno-I remember nothing of what he’s posted so fares I’ll need to go back and see if this is a valid read.
Jalmont-Null
Kirsche-Null
Moodycloud-Null
Thetwinmasters-Scum “or bad town”
Zorbees-Null “but like the posts far.”

Here’s my problem with this: Of the twelve reads here, seven are null. Granted, not everyone’s made a significant enough contribution yet, but why bother to include reads on those people? Additionally, you don’t seem willing to pursue either of your two scumreads all the way-in both cases you leave yourself an out to take if you decide later on that there’s a better target.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
My stance on twin is that he seems too aggressive to be scum (can't see a scum tunneling so hard on a single person so early on but idk how twin plays) and if you had read ahead a bit you would've seen that I corrected myself on the serial killer notion.

I think BBM and kirsche have summed up a lot of what I think about Fenrir, however, I will vote Earlio instead in the meantime. Last game, it was really obvious (in hindsight) that he was recruited, and obvious to me that he was town d1, so I'm putting pressure on someone who I think will be easy to read provided he posts more.

I think twin is town and Durza is more likely to be scum, but idk about Durza. I feel like, if he is being honest about why he asked Fenrir to claim, it is more likely that scum is thinking about what number majority is than town, so he may have honestly not realized. I do think a Durza/Fenrir team seems like it could make some sense.

Asek is acting similarly to last game when he was town, thats my only experience with him though.

Null reads on mostly everyone else.
Why would you vote somebody for pressure then say its a pressure vote instead of voting somebody you think its more likely to be scum in durza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)