NOC C9++ Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we're both long time SF players.

Durza: Can you explain what Twin's intent is as scum? I kinda got lost during your arguments and am struggling to get the patience to reread, but it seems you have a feeling Twin might be "bad town" (not sure I agree) but you're voting him anyway, so can you explain what makes you think he's scum now that things have calmed down?

Asek

Banned deucer.
hmmmm

if bbm is experienced

kirsche is experienced

fenrir has experience

the noobs ive played with both before? Champ and earlio?

they call me asek the noobie crusher

and im here to work

Asek

Banned deucer.
Champ1604 start posting dont skirt like u did in vampire mafia

i know rodan kicked u from the cool discord and it hurts but ur still itg

how about this u engage with me this game and ill get him to unban u

on the premise u dont do /me dabs ever again

Sorry I just noticed I'm in the game.. and my timezone is different so
Anyways, I have no idea where to start from. And since it doesn't actually matters, I'm a goddamn VT. Yes. VT. The game where I could have been like one of the power roles with a good 50% chance, I'm a VT. I don't if I shouldn't have claimed or not, but I'm a VT.

Also, *dabs*.

And someone create a tl;dr of these 8 pages if possible. I had a heavy day today.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Sorry I just noticed I'm in the game.. and my timezone is different so
Anyways, I have no idea where to start from. And since it doesn't actually matters, I'm a goddamn VT. Yes. VT. The game where I could have been like one of the power roles with a good 50% chance, I'm a VT. I don't if I shouldn't have claimed or not, but I'm a VT.

Also, *dabs*.

And someone create a tl;dr of these 8 pages if possible. I had a heavy day today.
you're in the same timezone as me

i had no problems posting today

?

Are we by any chance going for a randlynch? In that case, feel free to lynch me as I'm a VT. Unlike other games, in this game, we NEED the power roles. Have a nice day.
you're in the same timezone as me

i had no problems posting today

?
I wasn't at home today. Even I need to spend my sunday outside of home. smh.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Champ1604 its very important you stay alive as vt

you are in this game to solve and work things out based on logic / feeling. if you are vt your feelings and reads and the connections you create based off of them are important for solving this game as it goes on. Theres more to solving the game then follow the cop or other pr shenanigans.

With that being said. please humour me and give me some reads / impressions on players

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm already back. He just made me say that OreImo is awesome.
And as said, please provide me a tl;dr of the 8 pages, because what I want to know is how the lynching was started.

And,
Champ1604 its very important you stay alive as vt

you are in this game to solve and work things out based on logic / feeling. if you are vt your feelings and reads and the connections you create based off of them are important for solving this game as it goes on. Theres more to solving the game then follow the cop or other pr shenanigans.

With that being said. please humour me and give me some reads / impressions on players
I quick read these 8 pages and tbh, SR on thetwinmasters
Because RVS

Because of them literally lynching anyone they 'feel like', and honestly, I don't expect anyone to just keep changing their lynch to random peeps after this goddamn 8 pages worth of chats. Leaving the fact alone that most of them were RVS lynches, or lynches for fun.

As far as TRs are concerned, sorry, but can't really read the 8 pages quickly and form a TR. Would give a further research tomorrow or something to form better reads, quite tired today.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Oh I forgot to mention, I'm already back. He just made me say that OreImo is awesome.
And as said, please provide me a tl;dr of the 8 pages, because what I want to know is how the lynching was started.

And,

I quick read these 8 pages and tbh, SR on thetwinmasters
Because RVS

Because of them literally lynching anyone they 'feel like', and honestly, I don't expect anyone to just keep changing their lynch to random peeps after this goddamn 8 pages worth of chats. Leaving the fact alone that most of them were RVS lynches, or lynches for fun.

As far as TRs are concerned, sorry, but can't really read the 8 pages quickly and form a TR. Would give a further research tomorrow or something to form better reads, quite tired today.
ok thats fine. ill hold you to that and expect some trs tomorrow

Asek

Banned deucer.
tldr of the last 8 pages is durza and twin fighting over reasoning to vote fenrir who started off with set up spec

earlio drive bying this argument with nothing posts

asek being awesome

jalmont viewing thread but not posting

bbm seems to have his head in the right place

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think BBM and kirsche have summed up a lot of what I think about Fenrir, however, I will vote Earlio instead in the meantime. Last game, it was really obvious (in hindsight) that he was recruited, and obvious to me that he was town d1, so I'm putting pressure on someone who I think will be easy to read provided he posts more.

I think twin is town and Durza is more likely to be scum, but idk about Durza. I feel like, if he is being honest about why he asked Fenrir to claim, it is more likely that scum is thinking about what number majority is than town, so he may have honestly not realized. I do think a Durza/Fenrir team seems like it could make some sense.

Asek is acting similarly to last game when he was town, thats my only experience with him though.

Null reads on mostly everyone else.

vote acidphoenix - sick vote by me right here. A lot of fluff in terms of actually statements/arguments and way too much question asking for me. It's not like twin or asek's constant activity but just feels like "getting by." Personally think this is a much better vote than what anyone has presented so far.

Funnily enough I think the first couple of pages were more noticeable for me in terms of stuff happening. Whether or not thats because I lost interest after the nonsense started flowing in I couldn't say.

I have no particular thoughts about twin. I think people give him too much of a pass on letting him do his "why did u do this x" or "x is scum" but never saying exactly anything beyond that. His constant flipflopping and stuff is annoying from a personal standpoint as well and probably damaging in terms of actually finding mafia but it's not something I can point to being as scum. Well I can, I'm just not going to for now.

Durza on the other hand is much more interesting in how violent his reaction was. Maybe that's too harsh a word, but boy, he got way too aggressive in response to twin. Perhaps this is just durza (I'm in no position to say) but the reaction just felt a little forced? BBM had some very good analysis in that he wasn't sure and I'm not even sure what set him off against twin in the first place. If there's no concrete/reasonable reason to get so aggressive, you have to think it's contrived in some way. And I think that points towards him being mafia looking to get a couple pity points in that people will feel his strong emotional reaction comes from a town.

I'm biased against people who post 1 billion single lined posts per day and biased towards people who are active enough, yet posting reasonable stuff that isn't just fluff "x is town" but actually provides interesting reasoning or stuff that I genuinely need to take the time to think about. For that reason Asek is bad, kirsche is good and BBM is very good. The problem with this meta shift for me is that so many people are posting like this that it's no longer feasible to say "well someone posting like this is probably not mafia because this would bring way too much attention to themselves." But when you have people posting like asek/twin every game/every time, the read just isn't there anymore. Add to the fact that you can't actually read to their content and you're forced to either ignore them or lynch them before endgame.

don't give a fuck about people who haven't posted, their time is coming.

i'm probably going to bed too. see ya

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Back now, sorry for the stupid combo of vote+dodge, I genuinely had to leave at that point (3% battery on phone, on vacation). My vote in Durza was mostly going off of how badly I cracked D1 on the vampire NOC and that was really the only NOC experience I had to go off of, so I was following that thinking that scum would react differently to increasing pressure compared to a town just getting increasingly annoyed.

And if I'm reading this correctly, there may or may not be a serial killer, which I'm sure would be easier to notice than the organized mafia through lack of posts/extreme safety on posts.

jalmont you realize that i was active for the 20 minutes between actually starting to play -> going to sleep and that's about all the time i was actually paying attention to the thread (literally my only other post is the initial RVS vote)

and yes i'm going to ask questions when the alternative is slogging through the first 6 pages for slips, which is both less efficient and less enjoyable

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Asek is coming off as town just from the similarity to town Asek from vamps, Twin seems too aggressive to be scum (but then again I said that about Hawkie, but different scenario here). Fenrir's posts seem pretty premeditated for what's basically the shitpost storm that is early D1 which could be a scum trying really hard to seem like invested town or it could just be his play style. Durza seems like annoyed town right now to me but I still have the vote on them to see how they react under more pressure.

Haven't really seen enough of anyone else so far to really get reads, but I'd figure that the theoretical serial killer would be laying very low, which could really be anyone who hasn't posted much.

man I can't think of many things I would want to do less than play mafia when on vacation

earlio how can you read through around 8 pages of content and not find anyone scummy? and even if that's the case and a pressure vote is all you can manage why are you using it on someone whom you think is town? why are you even talking about the serial killer? there's no way to distinguish between SK or mafia without mafia flips for interactions. people who talk about SKs for no reason are normally scum who aren't good at faking scumhunting. reads like newbscum imo

Haruno- I gathered you thought durza was scummy from post #124? I guess you were just joking then. why am I scum and what are your reads about other people?

Champ- no you should not have claimed. we actually need power roles in this game less than most other games because both sides are low-power. VTs can scumhunt without worrying that they'll get killed and cause the town to lose a PR. also fwiw you didn't actually have a 50% chance to have a PR. Around 30% is probably more accurate.

Jalmont- why is asking questions scummy? that's pretty much what I'm doing too

I really don't get the durza scumreads. not ~townreading~ them or anything but most of it seems like newb play in conjunction with getting offended too easily. I also don't get why people (namely, twin and zorbees) think durza and fenrir are plausible scumbuddies. If durza IS scum why would they ask their buddy to claim their role instead of asking a townie? how does it benefit scum to claim that early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)