NOC C9++ Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I guess acidphoenix did in fact talk about us, just not in the original post. my bad. I need to sleep

acid- I forgot you voted for fenrir. that part about what I said was wrong then, but everything else still stands.

bbm did you say something else about me? honestly confused wrt that

also if fenrir were to suddenly reveal as IC who would you go on rn

twin why park your vote on someone who hasn't posted and isn't here instead of anyone else who could actually react to it now

acid- I had an aside when I was talking to fenrir about how you hadn't said anything about us and then I realized right after I posted that you did.

@twin- why kirsche over jalmont, who wass actually reading the thread for a while? also, why such a focus on people who haven't posted? it's been only a few hours since the game started.

people (other than fenrir and twin) need to tell me if not posting for a few hours is being inactive or if leaving the thread for an hour is "vanishing off the face of the earth" because I probably need to sub out then. >_>

acid- I had an aside when I was talking to fenrir about how you hadn't said anything about us and then I realized right after I posted that you did.

@twin- why kirsche over jalmont, who wass actually reading the thread for a while? also, why such a focus on people who haven't posted? it's been only a few hours since the game started.

people (other than fenrir and twin) need to tell me if not posting for a few hours is being inactive or if leaving the thread for an hour is "vanishing off the face of the earth" because I probably need to sub out then. >_>
I learned that pressuring jalmont doesn't actually lead to anything from previous games and no it its not vanishing off the face of the earth

Fenrir Aesir how long how you been playing mafia
Sporadically played irl games for a couple of years. Joined my first chatroom game (on PS) in late January. Started my first (and currently only complete) forum game on March 1. It ended April 5.

what I meant was

if you were actually reading the context for his vote to say it was opportunistic then why did you not refute him when he said you didn't have votes

I understand why you don't mention it to start but if you're going to refute a post why wouldn't you refute a contained blatant lie?
The (horrible) answer is that I skimmed. My focus was on his suggestion that I was trying to join the growing wagon.
everyone else posting fast is making me post quickly to get stuff out before other people post more and it's making me forget to type stuff.

Earlio- if durza is frustrated town why are you voting for them???

Fenrir- dude wtf leaving the thread for an hour is not "vanishing from the face of the earth". The point isn't that you distinguished between my vote and durza's. The point is that your initial reason for voting me (opportunism) actually applied more to durza than me, and when that was pointed out, your second reason about me not having a case was dumb given the context of RVS. "reaction test" makes it sound like some wicked scheme or something... judging people for how they react to things is one of the main ways to form reads. also, by the time you had declared for the first time how scummy it was to leave the thread for an hour, people had mostly moved on from you so it's not like you're still earning a ton of ire for it. acidphoenix, for example, just posted and talked about neither of us (which they should do btw).

also your last post is bullshit lmao. firstly if I wanted to vote for you with no reason I would have just done it, the way twin voted for me. It was RVS, I didn't need a reason. secondly, stacking votes and asking people questions to see their reactions is the only way to end RVS
In response to the italics section, what would you call it?

Four votes on me the first time I brought up you leaving the thread-I wouldn't consider that "people moving on."

In response to the last part of your post: "It was RVS, I didn't need a reason." You seem to miss the part where I suggest that you felt (past tense) like you needed to. Obviously at this point you're going to say that you didn't, if for no other reason because I just said that. And I'd say I did a decent (terrible?) job of ending RVS with my first post, so so much for "only".

@twin- kirsche probably hasn't even been awake since the game started. why is voting for him when he'll presumably post once he wakes up more important than voting someone whom you think is scum? why the vote for asek? i'm not as smart as you so it would be nice if you gave reasons for things when you do them so I don't have to ask for clarifications about everything

acid- I would vote for earlio if fenrir claimed innocent child. not a fan of rvs voting someone who has legitimate votes on them and then not talking about them at all. his posts give a vibe of standing back and letting other people do things.

Fenrir- everything is in italics so I don't know what part you're talking about. if you're talking about leaving the thread for an hour, that's called playing a video game for a bit. other people might call it having dinner, or going for a walk, or watching a movie, or taking a shower, or doing something with the part of their life that isn't related to mafia

yes, I get that you feel like I felt I needed to have a reason. my point is... why would I feel I needed to have a reason when the person who voted right before me did not?

@twin- kirsche probably hasn't even been awake since the game started. why is voting for him when he'll presumably post once he wakes up more important than voting someone whom you think is scum? why the vote for asek? i'm not as smart as you so it would be nice if you gave reasons for things when you do them so I don't have to ask for clarifications about everything

acid- I would vote for earlio if fenrir claimed innocent child. not a fan of rvs voting someone who has legitimate votes on them and then not talking about them at all. his posts give a vibe of standing back and letting other people do things.

Fenrir- everything is in italics so I don't know what part you're talking about. if you're talking about leaving the thread for an hour, that's called playing a video game for a bit. other people might call it having dinner, or going for a walk, or watching a movie, or taking a shower, or doing something with the part of their life that isn't related to mafia

yes, I get that you feel like I felt I needed to have a reason. my point is... why would I feel I needed to have a reason when the person who voted right before me did not?
Ducking Smogon. I'll underline stuff, I guess. I was referring to "'reaction test' makes it sound like some kind of witch hunt."

Re: having a reason, I think you felt the need to overcompensate with a reason of some kind out of fear of being seen as bandwagoning.

unvote, vote earlio

fenrir might still be scum but he actually has significantly less forum mafia experience than I assumed so on second thought I'm going to cut him some slack for a while. some of his reactions/reasons about timing make more sense given that 99% of his mafia experience has been irl/chatroom. initial reason for voting me is still bad though.

I normally reserve the term "reaction test" for some kind of heavily thought out plan. I would refer to what I did as just regular RVS behaviour, which is doing things to increase the likelihood of someone having an abnormal reaction

asek- what are your opinions on people other than earlio. so far you feel like twin on sedatives, in that you're also not giving reasons for anything but are posting less

fenrir- why is asek the towniest person in the game

Durza- how many games have you played?

@twin/haruno/asek- why is durza scummy for being easily offended and getting riled up by twin when that was what he was trying to do? The thing about asking for a claim seems like it comes from someone who's new more than anything else.

good night guys. heads up, I won't have very much time to post tomorrow.

I normally reserve the term "reaction test" for some kind of heavily thought out plan. I would refer to what I did as just regular RVS behaviour, which is doing things to increase the likelihood of someone having an abnormal reaction
That's testing for reactions, yes? I shouldn't be arguing over semantics but w/e.

I found Asek's willingness to discuss the hypo strategy to be constructive regarding a discussion on how the town as a group should play. They're also trying to introduce new discussion topics (ex. asking people who they tr/sr while providing their own reads). Reading through all seven pages,they're not nearly as active as I've been interpreting them to be. Speaking of Asek:

Asek-At least gave insight into my comment on hypo. Idc if the insight is “it’s a bad idea,” there’s a reason I asked if people think it’s a good one. Is there a reason you waited until Thetwinmasters removed their vote from me to fulfill their request?
Bringing up this question again since it wasn't answered. to rephrase the question, what changed your opinion between the time you decided not to sheep the vote and the time you did?

Also looking forward to Asek's updated reads on "the noobs itg."

I had something else I wanted to say/do, but I've forgotten it. I'm staying on as I try to remember, but if I can't in 15 minutes I'm going offline for the night.

Why are there fucking 8 pages of one line posts.

I'm putting Twin as town because he seems interested in getting down to the meaning of stuff and pushing people. He genuinely reads exasperated as a townie wanting to have their opinions talked about by other people. That being said:

Fenrir's play feels really disconnected with how stiff his posts are.
Could you expand/give examples on this? The reason I ask is that I have a few niggling points about them (vote Fenrir Aesir btw), for example I don't like how the first thing he comes into the game with is setup spec. Setup spec is easy content for a mafioso to generate discussion over, much harder than trying to actually scum hunt and analyse, and can be an easy excuse to justify leaving RVS (which he has already claimed credit for). My impression of his BBM case is that BBM is scummy for testing his reaction (which is the pont of RVS, literally everything is a reaction test) and then going away for an hour, he doesn't talk about BBM's reads or his logic/mindset just the semantics over whether or not a vote in RVS is a reaction test and whether going away for an hour after making an RVS vote is scummy behaviour. This is a really desperately justified scumread imo for the sake of having one. What do you think of his comments that don't pertain to you Fenrir Aesir

Also think Earlio is bad for placing a bad vote then zooming off but I want to talk with Fenrir for now. Would happily lynch either of them.

BBM's logic and thought process seems to be good, looking forward to seeing more of him. He's a very strong town player so it should be obvious in time if he's town or not.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Durza- how many games have you played?

@twin/haruno/asek- why is durza scummy for being easily offended and getting riled up by twin when that was what he was trying to do? The thing about asking for a claim seems like it comes from someone who's new more than anything else.

good night guys. heads up, I won't have very much time to post tomorrow.
when the fuck did i say durza was scummy?????

i still feel ur more likely scum than durza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)