BW Cup III - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Requesting an extension; we have the same timezone so we should be able to get it done.

EDIT: Scheduled for Tuesday.

Last edited:
I like to call activity.

Style2 and I scheduled to play yesterday (Saturday) at 4 pm. Around 4 pm, he wasn't on. So, I waited like 2 more hours for him to come on. He never showed up. Then I left, came back 30 mins later to see if he was on, but he wasn't. Later, I messaged him in his wall asking him if we can play tomorrow (Sunday) and he still hasn't responded back. I don't even know if I'm going to have time to play this week due to finals and projects if we get an extension.

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
Requesting an extension. We prolly just missed each other since we're both brazilians. He tried to play me yesterday using stours PM but I didn't get any sleep at the time and was reaaaally tired so told him I could play today and he said np. He told me to ask Eternal Spirit to message him whenever I wanted to play but ES told me he had no idea how to contact my opp Oo so I found him on PS minutes ago, sent a message and he left rip

It'll prolly be easier to find me in the next days anyway. So we'll not have any problem unless he's super busy

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Activity
Style2 vs. FMG - FMG advances because Style2 missed the scheduled time and did not make any follow-up attempt to get the game done whereas FMG was on top of scheduling and made an honest attempt to get the game done.
Malekith vs. Hangover - Malekith advances because they seemingly scheduled and Hangover hasn't viewed forums in a day and change, but Malekith indicated that they planned to play over the weekend, was on almost all weekend, and specifically posted about Sunday activity, showing that Hangover was not remotely active during the range whereas Malekith was active throughout. Hard to be 100% certain on this call due to not being sure of Hangover's Saturday activity and lack of Spanish knowledge, but all signs point to Malekith getting the activity win in terms of what I can see.
SOMALIA vs. Villa - SOMALIA initiated contact after playing his round 1 opponent post-extension, but he never received a response from Villa.
Sand Castle vs. undisputed - undisputed and Sand Castle scheduled roughly for the "weekend" because of Sand Castle's request, but then Undisputed was on throughout the weekend, activity posted, and did not see Sand Castle at all. His activity post kind of says it all here and there's no extra effort put into getting the game done from Sand Castle, so activity goes to Undisputed.
Frochtejohgurt vs. Philip7086 = Philip7086, Activity win-0. No response from opponent when he VMd him and, yes, I'm unfunny for stealing his win post format, I know.
Quite Quiet vs. FNH - Quite Quiet (yes, I got the name right this time!_!) was more active in scheduling and actually tried to give specific times as opposed to a general range. He also didn't get responded to at all throughout the later portion of the week and his opponent was dead while he made a clear activity post, so he gets the clear-cut activity win.
Isa vs. Fener - Isa contacted and his opponent simply said he was very engaged, but then never got back to him with specifics about when he would be able to play and Isa even followed-up, but still got nothing in response, so he had nothing to work with despite trying to get the game done. Clear activity for Isa.
Luxuryball13 vs. 6A9 Ace Matador - Luxuryball13 never got a response to his VM on AM's wall, so he gets activity.
Hyogafodex vs. High Impulse - Hyogafodex initiated contact and never got a response. Additionally, High Impulse never got a response. Clear-cut activity win for Hyogafodex.

Extension (you have until Tuesday at 11:59pm GMT-4 and I tried to be lenient b/c Easter deadline)
badabing vs. RiCH HOMiE CHRiS - Bada was busy, but wanted to get it done and requested an extension.
Christo vs. Reymedy - Christo mentioned something about a recreate to me on SmogTours earlier and I'm not sure where this is going fully, but I will give them a day or two to sort it since they scheduled and where active.
august vs. Fakes - August had computer issues and they actively tried to schedule.
Tokyo Tom vs. pokebasket - Hardly had anytime to play because Jayde vs Pokebasket dragged out, so they get an extension and I'm willing to even prolong it for these two as it would be unfair to give them 2-4 days to play, but hopefully they get it done ASAP to avoid future delays.
HANTSUKI vs. Marcelinho Rodrigues - They're same timezone and missed each other despite both being active, so extension can't hurt.
Duck Chris vs. fatty - They both tried to get it done and sorta just missed each other, it seems. Not too thorough an attempt from either side, but since it was a holiday weekend and they made a formal attempt and follow-up, I will grant the extension.
Leftiez vs. ZoroDark - Zoro was away this weekend, both are very active, and both have intent to get the series done, so they get an extension as per Leftiez's post.
Ark vs. Mr.378 - VM indicates they might be getting it done on Monday, both made contact, and both seem to have intent to get the games done.
Gene Sp vs. Energy - Gene SP told me on discord they would get it done with an extension and he was active throughout the week, so given that he went out of his way, they have scheduled for tomorrow, and both users have intent to get the game done, I will grant it.
kael vs. Contact - Been told on discord and in the thread to extend, they already started the series, and both scheduled actively.
slurmz vs. nightcore - Scheduled for Monday.
toshimelonhead vs. Eo Ut Mortus - Scheduled for Tuesday.
Ilsolitostronzo vs. xray - Both active and posted asking for extension, showing full VM to clarify any concerns and present the entire situation.
Foggi vs. New Breed - Not entirely sure of progress on this, but I believe Foggi said to extend it and they are both active, so I will grant the extension reluctantly. It's hard to be too sure given Foggi being banned and using Asta to schedule for him, but they have a big timezone differential and they both tried to get it done, seemingly, so I will give it despite being borderline coinflip. ----- apparently foggi won, oops
byronthewellwell vs. e7e - Another close one, but going to grant an extension because it seems e7e wasn't able to access Smogon due to IRL matters for a few days and proposed the start of this week all along, so hopefully they get it done. Byron has been consistently active and tried to get it done during the scheduled period, too, so hopefully he can in the next couple days as well.
RedMaxx vs. Darkdiglett - Missed each other and then scheduled for Monday.
Lavos Spawn vs. M Dragon - M Dragon was on vacation and they agreed to play on Monday. Hype matchas btw n_n
NicoReaper vs. JACOB - Scheduled for Monday.
Jirachee vs. Arifeen - Timezone issues, both active, and I think they scheduled for Monday. Jirachee's post covers it, pretty much.

Coinflip
Accelgor vs. Gondra - Scheduled initially and then no games played, nor follow-up from either party and the scheduled time was before the weekend, so they had ample opportunity to reschedule or at least make an attempt to make it seem like they cared to an extent. If it was scheduled for the weekend or they made some follow-up, I'd grant an extension because it's a holiday weekend and they both are seemingly active overall users, but it's hard to give them much lenience when there was no real follow-up and both seemingly missed each other without even remembering the tournament existed after initial VMs/scheduling, so this is a coinflip.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Finchinator I explained in my earlier VMs to e7e that I will be unavailable this week and that I had to get it done last week.
Oh ok, I missed that. Judging by your VMs, I think you have a semi-clear activity case, but I will follow-up with a TD about it tomorrow just to make sure. Hold put for a day, sorry for any inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)