Buzzwole Buzzkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any mention of Buzzwole in any VCG discussion thread at all. Not in sample teams or niches or examples of good pairings or anything at all. Not even an analysis on the Smogon pokedex.

Is it terrible and that's why nobody uses it? Should I be staying clear of it? I was thinking about using it to dish out surprise Earthquakes :/

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It's not a bad pokemon, but it's a very niche pick that only really works on a small subset of teams

Ah, so it IS a thing. Thanks everyone.

I have problems with A-Muk, so I was going to go with Earthquake on a Buzzwole set. Probably instead of Ice Punch or Poison Jab? I'm not sure how much that hurts my coverage.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Ah, so it IS a thing. Thanks everyone.

I have problems with A-Muk, so I was going to go with Earthquake on a Buzzwole set. Probably instead of Ice Punch or Poison Jab? I'm not sure how much that hurts my coverage.
If your main concern is Muk, I'm not sure adding EQ is worth it. Superpower deals more damage already (because of EQ being a spread move), and All-Out Pummelling can straight up OHKO Muk (if you haven't been intimidated).

220+ Atk Buzzwole All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 188 HP / 44 Def Muk-Alola: 217-256 (106.3 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
220+ Atk Buzzwole Earthquake vs. 188 HP / 44 Def Muk-Alola: 114-136 (55.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)