SM Ubers Bulky Balance Ubers team (not very viable rn)

I just got back into Showdown after a while, and this is the first Ubers team I built, which I have continued to modify and use. I have reached a peak of around 1400 although I'm currently around 1300. Here's the current set.
I have 2 self-imposed rules for Ubers. First, I always use at least one non-Uber on my team. Secondly, I don't use P-Groudon or Xerneas. Both of these are because I want the meta to be fresh and to lead by example.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

It's rare for P-Kyogre or Groudon to have maxed speed, so this build can always hit them first. Calm mind is for setup during round 1 usually. This team has no clear lead, but I like to begin with Kyogre because not much can KO it in one turn, and it checks a good portion of the meta.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic

Ho-oh is a fun wall and Toxic user, but I'd call its success inconsistent honestly. Wall Lugia, Xerneas, Metagross, Marshadow and Aegislash. Can either destroy or be destroyed by P-Groudon depending on the presence of Stone Edge, which makes switching in with it a real gambit. I wonder if Lugia wouldn't be better honestly, as much as I do enjoy this set.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Extreme killer + defog. None too exciting. It's rare to see defog on an otherwise offensive Arceus set, but there was nowhere else on the team that hazard removal really fit, and it's essential for bringing Ho-oh and Gengar out. Leftovers are to ensure longevity for hazard removal + late game priority attacks.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

I love utterly ruining Smeargle, Deoxys-S, and Lugia with this bastard. It's a bit of a gambit whether to lead with him or not though, because he obviously dies in one hit to some common meta threats like Groudon and Mewtwo. About 50/50 with Necrozma and Extreme-Killer-Arceus.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split

Wrecks all Xerneas and Yveltal sets, but has rather limited coverage on the whole. Perhaps swap Pain Split for Volt Switch? Good for switch in, and to bait Groudon.

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 32 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

Ranges from amazing to useless depending on when I get him out. Outspeeds the whole meta with 1 dd though, which is nice. The vulnerability to Toxic is somewhat mitigated by substitute, but it can still be problematic. In some ways Zygarde fills the same priority niche as Arceus, but Zygarde is bulkier. I have danced around a lot with this slot on the team, which was filled by hazard-setter Eviolite Chansey for a while.

So yeah, that's my team. What should I change while keeping with the bulky offense theme and my self-imposed rules?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)