Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
It's so much easier building teams on the app than on mobile, also the chats show nothing when I click on them. I mean if you're going to make an app you should be taking the steps to improve it when it is ununusable.
I assume you're talking about this app: www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3526473/

Pokemon Showdown had nothing to do with the creation of that app, so please do not post problems with it in this thread. Using a browser on mobile is really the best you're going to get, since it seems like no one maintains said app.

i think i may have experianced a bug stealth rocks appear to be bugged
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-667219341
It seems like Defog did take out those SR at Turn 4, but they weren't taken out visually nor did the log mention so: the other mons didn't get hurt upon entering the field.

The only bug I see here is a visual/log bug where SR were indeed taken off the field by Defog, but the log somehow fails to mention it and the SR image doesn't disappear when they're cleared away.

So when testing a Mega Sceptile Nature Power vs a standard Specially Defensive Toxapex, I ran into an inconsistency and what myself and mods within the PS OverUsed chatroom suspect to believe is an error within the damage calculator. Nature Power in Electric Terrain is supposed to calculate as Thunderbolt with the 1.5x boost due to terrain. Same goes for Psychic Terrain except it uses Psychic, not Thunderbolt. After testing further we discovered the calc uses Extrasensory when converting Nature Power and not Psychic. PS has the damage correct and the two do not match in rolls.

Below I have two examples of this error within the damage calculator. Hope this can be fixed soon! Thank you!

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-667259640

See turn 6.

To the best of my knowledge, and according to Bulbapedia, there is no reason or circumstance why Thunder should bypass Protect in this instance. It was the first time Protect was used, the message said "Umbreon Protected itself" and showed the animation like it was successful but for whatever reason the Thunder hit anyway. Doesn't first turn Protect have a 100% success rate in GSC?

i think i may have experianced a bug stealth rocks appear to be bugged
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-667219341
The only bug I see here is a visual/log bug where SR were indeed taken off the field by Defog, but the log somehow fails to mention it and the SR image doesn't disappear when they're cleared away.
Your analysis is quite correct; the bug that the hazard removal was not properly logged (either to the client at the time or in the replay) has since been fixed.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hello!

After being struck with a critical hit by nostalgia, I played Pokémon SoulSilver and happened to use U-Turn on a substitute. Then sending my Gyarados. Then waiting for intimidate to drop the attack. Then waiting again because it didn't happen. I was quite shocked because 1/ there are still gen 4 mechanics I don't know about and 2/ I don't know how many times it happened on Showdown but it's far from negligeable.

So I recreated this on the cart just to be sure I didn't miss the text. And I'm positive, in Pokémon SoulSilver, if you break a substitute with u-turn then send an Intimidate user, the attack of the opponent isn't lowered.
Bulbapedia knew that all long but it looks like no one here noticed it.

I tried it another time on Showdown even if I knew what would happen: that mechanic isn't implemented (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-665666145).

I have no clue about more recent gens so if someone could check, that'd be awesome.

This post was sponsored by Breloom
Added to Known Mechanics Bugs, will be fixed shortly.

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed or is intentional, but I felt it's worth mentioning.

On teambuilding, if a Pokemon has no physical moves, it generally is given 0 Attack IVs. This is true for when moves like Seismic Toss or Foul Play is in the moveset, because the game realizes the attack stat doesn't alter the damage dealt. However, I realized that having Counter as a part of the moveset makes the teambuilder give the monster 31 attack IVs. (Tested with Wobbufet using Counter + any three moves)

I hope I formatted this report properly, and apologize in case it wasn't.

Edit: Oh, and I realize that the odds that Foul Play hitting a Counter user might be high, and a Counter user hitting itself with Confusion might be low, but I feel as if Counter should still give the user 0 Attack IV.
Fixed.

Lycanrok-Dusk's Happy Hours is listed as Illegal in the teambuilder but not to /dt.
Wow, I still haven't fixed that yet? Fixed.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-668259370

To my knowledge, starting in gen 7, the contact effects of Sky Drop only activate on the way down, ie. Iron Barbs or, in this case, King's Shield. I ended up losing this game because of the lack of damage after the King's Shield drop on my Hawlucha.

I really don't care about the loss of points, but I'd like to see it updated. Thank you for your time :]
Am going to need a YouTube video of how it works on-cart, or at least a Smogon Research post (on Sky Drop King's Shield specifically).

just tested with a friend. Haven't gone in depth, but due to glitches in gen 6, sky drop only makes contact on the way down

Every time I launch Showdown, I receive numerous popup errors regarding missing DLLs in VLC player. I'm not sure why the program is trying to launch VLC addons, but thought I would ask how to resolve this. I'm not sure if it will matter, but I did install Showdown to a driver other than C:\

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
On HGSS editions if you U-Turn out to a Pokemon carrying Kings Rock, the Kings Rock can make the opponent flinch.

(little shaky and in german but i hope you can see what you have to see)

I tried to recreate it on PS, but apparently its not a thing there, so i guess its different from the cartridge

Shoutouts DaFlo

Last edited:

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
...can kings rock u turn into non kings rock holder switch in flinch? Or is the move just fundamentally bugged?
Idk i didnt test that, but i think its because the flinch is calculated when the pokemon is about to attack and it uses the item from the pokemon currently in the battle

Celebi has access to its GS movepool, which it shouldn't. There has not been a GS VC event Celebi distribution, unlike Mew.

----

Shininess for Gen I-II VC mons is a little messed up right now. Any shiny VC mon is flat out not permitted, which shouldn't be the case. As far as I'm aware with the release of GS on the VC, all Pokemon barring GF Mew and the unreleased Celebi should be legal shiny. The RBY and GSC legends have the capacity to be sred shiny, Ditto can be caught shiny in GSC, and everything else can be bred shiny in Gen II.

Having said that, 87.5% male Pokemon with GS VC exclusive attacks implemented in Gen II should be barred from being female and shiny at the same time whenever proper shiny mechanics are implemented. Due to the nature of Gen II shininess, Pokemon from these families can't be female and shiny at the same time if they have a GS VC exclusive move that was implemented in Gen II:

Bulbasaur Family
Charmander Family
Squirtle Family
Eevee Family
Omanyte Family
Kabuto Family
Aerodactyl Family
Snorlax Family
Chikorita Family
Cynadquil Family
Feraligatr Family
Togepi Family

This is only for moves that were implemented in Gen II like Curse and Zap Cannon.

For Gen I moves, I don't know if shiny male Pokemon traded to RBY and ported up from Poketransfer to Gen 7 can have their gender changed from the Poketransfer process. This would make things like Shiny Female Venusaur with Razor Wind is legal. According to SciresM on Twitter at Pokebank's Gen 7 release, Pokemon were assigned gender by Poketransfer at random so theoretically this should be possible if the process wasn't updated.

I can't verify this at the moment so obviously nothing should be implemented yet for anything involving Gen I moves Gen I Pokemon got in Gen II (Razor Wind Bulbasaur, Defense Curl HA Charmander) but outside of that, these should be the rules for VC Pokemon shiny legality.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
When I'm just hanging out in the room I hang out in, every once in a while the room poll pops up for no reason.

Things I'm not doing wrong:
I'm not using /poll show
Nobody is using !poll show
I'm not refreshing the page or room in any way
According to other people, when the poll suddenly pops up for me, it doesn't for everyone
I have found some other people on PS experiencing a similar issue so it's not just me.

My guess is this commit caused the bug https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/pull/1057 if only I knew how any of this worked I'd be able to fix it myself, but I cannot.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
When I'm just hanging out in the room I hang out in, every once in a while the room poll pops up for no reason.

Things I'm not doing wrong:
I'm not using /poll show
Nobody is using !poll show
I'm not refreshing the page or room in any way
According to other people, when the poll suddenly pops up for me, it doesn't for everyone
I have found some other people on PS experiencing a similar issue so it's not just me.

My guess is this commit caused the bug https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/pull/1057 if only I knew how any of this worked I'd be able to fix it myself, but I cannot.
Seconding that this has been happening with me as well.

I noticed in mix and mega, both Disguise and Shields down don't seem to disappear after mega-evolving. I assume that this could only be a bug

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
RBY currently has a "bug" going on with the teambuilder : clicking on Suggested spread does not max the Pokemon's Special Defense. Yes, despite there being no Special split in Gen 1.

This looks normal (used suggested spread) until you look into the import :

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This lacks Special Defense. How do I know ? Here's the import of a perfectly fine Rhydon done manually :

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

This problem causes this :

Tauros used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The opposing Rhydon lost 89% of its health!
The opposing Rhydon fainted!

Tauros Blizzard vs. Rhydon: 219-258 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <- NORMAL CALC

the import of this set :

Jynx (F)
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Psychic

When a normal one is :

Jynx
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Blizzard

This "bug" has also been documented on Pokemon perfect

Could we get this fix ? Players can work around it to prevent it quite easily, but this is not "noob" friendly and a simple mistake can ruin games for anybody. I have even seen older RBY players lose in tournament play because of this.

Last edited:
Idk how if a screenshot would even help the issue but you cnt currently mega evolve mega rayquaza in AG. (no other mega, Ray has dragon ascent). And multiple ppl (if not all) experience it. As Mega Ray is a central mon AG this would need to get fixed asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)