Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
During a Balanced Hackmons battle, I stumbled upon a Ghost Arceus that wasn't affected by Ghost-type moves. Here is a replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-660792943
(Turns 18, 35 & 36)
Not sure if a bug or a hacker but yeah
Arceus' type is determined by multitype and its item. All Arceus forms are treated as Normal type if they don't have the ability Multitype or such.
So it's not really a bug, just a strange mechanic from the games.

Stomping tantrum doesn't have its power doubled if the opponent was immune to your move the previous turn. The research thread says it should double, but I did tests and it never doubled the power.

Stomping tantrum doesn't have its power doubled if the opponent was immune to your move the previous turn. The research thread says it should double, but I did tests and it never doubled the power.
It simply is not implemented yet, bcausee it was irrelevant in SM and the exact mechanis were unknown and - because it was irrelevant - never researched. Of course it is now relevant due to its much wider distribution, but it still takes some time to complete research and implement it ;)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but all of the sudden a bunch of my DPP LC teams which have been valid for like 8 years are no longer valid.

Wynaut: Tickle isn't valid with Counter/Mirror Coat
I thought there was an issue with Staryu but it seems to work now.

Maybe this was just wrong for a long time and now it's right, but I'm just checking.
- Wynaut can't learn Mirror Coat because it's incompatible with another move. - Wynaut can't learn Counter because it's incompatible with another move.
- Wynaut can't learn Mirror Coat because it's incompatible with another move. - Wynaut can't learn Counter because it's incompatible with another move.

So Stomping Tantrum doubles Bp after the previous move failed but it doesn't work. Heres a replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661572047
It simply is not implemented yet, bcausee it was irrelevant in SM and the exact mechanis were unknown and - because it was irrelevant - never researched. Of course it is now relevant due to its much wider distribution, but it still takes some time to complete research and implement it ;)

Are you serious?

I also made a post about this when S&M were added to showdown a year ago, and the response was that "we don't know what that means in-game, and until we do, we can't copy it!"
dont know.png
It's bad enough that you hadn't figured out the move's effects at that point (especially considering the fact that the move's in-game description gives at least enough information to ease research of the move), are you telling me that in the year that's passed since then you haven't even looked at the move AT ALL? And on the point of irrelevancy, if this was the reason the move hasn't even been glanced at at all, why did you bother to code in moves like Leafage?

That's not all, though. Today I had a battle using Dusk Mane Necrozma with its z-move, Searing Sunraze Smash. In the battle, I used the z-move against a Celesteela using Protect, and the damage was reduced to 25% of its original damage.
The problem is that the move ignores Protect and other protecting moves, and this much is even shown IN THE MOVE'S DESCRIPTION ON SHOWDOWN.
Replay (Turn 23): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-661964037
dont know pt.2.PNG

Are you serious?

I also made a post about this when S&M were added to showdown a year ago, and the response was that "we don't know what that means in-game, and until we do, we can't copy it!"
View attachment 91184
It's bad enough that you hadn't figured out the move's effects at that point (especially considering the fact that the move's in-game description gives at least enough information to ease research of the move), are you telling me that in the year that's passed since then you haven't even looked at the move AT ALL? And on the point of irrelevancy, if this was the reason the move hasn't even been glanced at at all, why did you bother to code in moves like Leafage?

That's not all, though. Today I had a battle using Dusk Mane Necrozma with its z-move, Searing Sunraze Smash. In the battle, I used the z-move against a Celesteela using Protect, and the damage was reduced to 25% of its original damage.
The problem is that the move ignores Protect and other protecting moves, and this much is even shown IN THE MOVE'S DESCRIPTION ON SHOWDOWN.
View attachment 91185
It did bypas protect, and dealt 1/4 damage through it just like any other zmove. The bypasses protect is shown in the description of every singl ezmove on pokemon showdown, ex:
upload_2017-11-19_19-18-7.png

and doesn't describe any affects that protect has on it beyond that because its a /dt description.

It did bypas protect, and dealt 1/4 damage through it just like any other zmove. The bypasses protect is shown in the description of every singl ezmove on pokemon showdown, ex:
View attachment 91186
and doesn't describe any affects that protect has on it beyond that because its a /dt description.
Then why is the same verb used for moves that only get reduced damage from Protect and moves that completely ignore or break protect like Hyperspace Fury?
Why not use a more accurate verb like "Ignores" or "Breaks" for moves like Hyperspace Fury?

Then why is the same verb used for moves that only get reduced damage from Protect and moves that completely ignore or break protect like Hyperspace Fury?
Why not use a more accurate verb like "Ignores" or "Breaks" for moves like Hyperspace Fury?
It's a /dt description. They're short, general, and concise. Its the same reason that Scald and Genesis Supernova both have a Secondary affect tag instead of a 30% to burn tag and a Summons psychic terrain tag. Coding in that might be better, but it also takes up more room and requires coder time. In addition to coders themself having lives, theres also dozens of actual bug reports, format changes, and the like. If you would like it done it would go here, but its still just that; a suggestion, as you arent paying them and aren't their boss.

I don't think this necessarily counts as a bug, but I don't really know where else to point this out, so I'm doing so here.

It's about Pheromosa's model. Both it's regular and shiny forms.

Notice the blue streaks in its "hair"? That's leftover from the background of the Pokedex. Pheromosa is supposed to have translucent hair, like in these, for example:

Xurkitree's model used to have a similar issue, but this was eventually fixed.

I noticed Pheromosa's at launch and thought it would be eventually fixed as well, but it's been about a year now and it's still the same. Maybe no one noticed, or maybe someone noticed but never changed it?

Is it possible for anyone to fix this issue with Pheromosa's model, or is the hair just too complicated to change?

Last edited:
Are you serious?

View attachment 91184

View attachment 91185
No need to use Outrage against me.
Tantrum was supposedly irrelevant because none of the mons which got it in SM (Memelord, Marowak and Primeape) need it in competiive play. And due to its complicated mechanics, they deciced to not implement it.

in another note the VC gen 1-2 mons need a update with tutor legalities since Ultra S/M tutors and VC transfers allows for stuff like sheer force kingler with body slam + superpower to be legal when before it wasn't.

Found a bugged interaction with the move Assurance and Ally Switch.
On turn 3, I used Assurance into a slot while my opponent used Ally Switch. Even though the Cresselia had not received damage (although, the slot it was in before using Ally Switch did), the damage against it was doubled. I am not sure what exactly happened, but I guess that since the slot that Cresselia was in had received damage, PS! thought that Cresselia had received the damage and doubled it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-662612789

The data that /dt has access to (which in the case of Protect is basically copied from a data dump of the game) doesn't distinguish between the various cases. Instead, the only way to see the true effect is to actually try it out in a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)