Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://imgur.com/MkJo3Hj
Not only is this far too many messages, it also isnt true; Hypnosis+gengarite Shadow Tag is both irrelevant due to lack of switches and legal in 1v1.
Probably an oversight from an Ubers ban. An OU ban affects all tiers below, so I guess an Ubers banning (X) affects ALL tiers that had (X) available, including the ones where it makes no sense for it to be banned, just like Hippoppotas+Sandlash got banned from NU, RU, etc in BW when Sand Stream+Sand Rush got banned in BW OU.

POKEMON SHOWDOWN, DOUBLE OU FORMAT BUG
sup guys. so quite frequently ive been knocking into this annoying bug whenever I play the doubles OU. towards the end of the battle, when one of my pokemon dies and theres one last surviving pokemon, I still am able to make a choice for the dead pokemon. WHATS WORSE is that after I make a choice, they send me an error message ' (error) you pressed the timer button too quickly ' and then all my buttons suddenly vanish. I cant make any choices and I lose for no reason.. this really pisses me off, guys, and ive tried everything to get around it. Reply if you can help, answers are appreciated. Please fix this ASAP! :(

Attachments

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
POKEMON SHOWDOWN, DOUBLE OU FORMAT BUG
sup guys. so quite frequently ive been knocking into this annoying bug whenever I play the doubles OU. towards the end of the battle, when one of my pokemon dies and theres one last surviving pokemon, I still am able to make a choice for the dead pokemon. WHATS WORSE is that after I make a choice, they send me an error message ' (error) you pressed the timer button too quickly ' and then all my buttons suddenly vanish. I cant make any choices and I lose for no reason.. this really pisses me off, guys, and ive tried everything to get around it. Reply if you can help, answers are appreciated. Please fix this ASAP! :(
You seem to be using the unofficial app, which has its own thread here. The best advice we can give you is to use your mobile device's browser to play PS, it is stable and uses the actual code (where suchlike bugs wouldn't happen)

Don't know if this has been reported already but when you have a team in a folder and try to move it, a new folder called "gen6(foldername)" will be created and the team will be redirected there, it is incredibly annoying when you're trying to organize stuff in your teambuilder and the teams aren't even from gen6. I'd appreciate if this was fixed ASAP, it's here since the start of gen 7 (i think)

Don't know if this has been reported already but when you have a team in a folder and try to move it, a new folder called "gen6(foldername)" will be created and the team will be redirected there, it is incredibly annoying when you're trying to organize stuff in your teambuilder and the teams aren't even from gen6. I'd appreciate if this was fixed ASAP, it's here since the start of gen 7 (i think)
You can just change the tier on the team itself, or import the team if you want to have a backup or use it on two tiers. I doubt this will be a priority

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Last edited:
i am trying to chat and it saies that he is online but wen I try to talk another chat box appears saying that
Frenzoisbae is offline when i am talking to someone else

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
i am trying to chat and it saies that he is online but wen I try to talk another chat box appears saying that
Frenzoisbae is offline when i am talking to someone else
Not a bug, the user you were trying to PM changed their name to Frenzoisbae, and went offline.

/tour banlist suddenly serves no actual function in [Gen 3] OU. Perhaps it does not work for any format at all.

Therefore an entire UU tournament was plagued with validated OU teams.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-608415146
Working on that, should be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
And someone better well explain me
HOW THE FUCK DID EXTREME SPEED HIT MID-FLY. I am completely sure that should NOT have happened.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-608944806

From Bulbapedia:

Smack Down can hit Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turns of Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop. If it hits a Pokémon that is using Fly or Bounce, it will knock it down, cancelling the move; if it hits a Pokémon using or affected by Sky Drop, it will not be knocked down. A Pokémon hit with Smack Down can still use these moves on subsequent turns.

From Bulbapedia:

Smack Down can hit Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turns of Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop. If it hits a Pokémon that is using Fly or Bounce, it will knock it down, cancelling the move; if it hits a Pokémon using or affected by Sky Drop, it will not be knocked down. A Pokémon hit with Smack Down can still use these moves on subsequent turns.
No, he used Fly, got knocked down by Thousand Arrows which cancelled the move but then he used Fly again successfully, but got hit by eSpeed during the semi-invulnerable turn which should be impossible.

Last edited:
Flare Boost effects show up in stat changes AND move power changes, but they should only show up in move power changes. Proof attached. I tested on toxic boost and this problem doesn't happen (also attached).

Attachments

Hi there.

I just played a game of Sun/Moon randoms in which both my Lilligant and my Solrock carried helping hand, even though the format was singles. I see in the master moveset list (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/master/data/formats-data.js) that those are only double battle moves. It seems likely that this was a bug, but I don't have a screenshot. I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I figured I'd report it somewhere.

Gen6 Battle Factory is apparently having some Gen7 mechanics today...? I play Factory a lot and never witnessed this before.

Relevant replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlefactory-610216156
Relevant turns:

Turn 35: Metagross mega evolves on this turn and immediatly outspeeds Mega Diancie, which had already mega evolved previously. Per Gen6 mechanics, Diancie should be faster, as Metagross would still use the pre-Mega speed. Metagross going faster, however, IS accurate in Gen7 mechanics, as my Diancie had HP Fire (so it had 349 speed vs Metagross' 350 Speed)

Turn 58: Scarf Heatran uses Stone Edge before Talonflame Roosts. To my best knowledge, every single Talonflame moveset in Battle Factory has Gale Wings, so Roost should go first. However, this is also accurate on Gen7 mechanics as Talonflame wasn't at full health on this turn.

Gen6 Battle Factory is apparently having some Gen7 mechanics today...? I play Factory a lot and never witnessed this before.

Relevant replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlefactory-610216156
Relevant turns:

Turn 35: Metagross mega evolves on this turn and immediatly outspeeds Mega Diancie, which had already mega evolved previously. Per Gen6 mechanics, Diancie should be faster, as Metagross would still use the pre-Mega speed. Metagross going faster, however, IS accurate in Gen7 mechanics, as my Diancie had HP Fire (so it had 349 speed vs Metagross' 350 Speed)

Turn 58: Scarf Heatran uses Stone Edge before Talonflame Roosts. To my best knowledge, every single Talonflame moveset in Battle Factory has Gale Wings, so Roost should go first. However, this is also accurate on Gen7 mechanics as Talonflame wasn't at full health on this turn.
Also the burn did only 1/16 damage, which is correct in Gen 7, but in Gen 6, burns do 1/8 per turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)