Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I got this glitch in a random battle where Buzzwole's entire sprite was missingView attachment 85381
It's most likely just connection issues making the gif for Buzzwole unable to load properly. I think this is more common in formats like Random Battles, where there isn't a team preview, so each Pokemon gif is loaded separately and thus some appear to be fine while others can be corrupted. If you save it as a replay or have someone with a better connection view the battle, they'll most likely be able to see it properly.

Edit: Welcome to Smogon, BTW

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I was in a fight (Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-604913094) and I had an Aggron with Sturdy, but it died in 1 hit when Aerodactyl used Earthquake, despite having 100% health. I was told to show a screenshot that he had sturdy too, so here.
Sturdy's Focus Sash-esque effect didn't appear until Generation V. Playing in Gen III, Sturdy only has the avoiding OHKO moves effect, which of course has no competitive impact since OHKO moves are banned.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Gale wings still work without full HP in Gen7
I played Pokemon Moon, so I'm sure it got nerfed in Gen7, and doesn't work without full HP.....
How come it still works on Showdown?
Here's the replay link:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-604985606
(Now, before you say Talonflame was faster than me, Zygarde had a Choice scarf on it, so couldn't be outsped even if Talonflame had the maximum 242 speed)
Are you sure it was a choice scarf and not a choice band ? after a short calc, looks like dealing lunatone 54% damage with thousand arrows and 2HKOing it was only possible with band...

84 Atk burned Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Lunatone: 90-106 (32.3 - 38.1%) -- 96.4% chance to 3HKO
84 Atk Choice Band burned Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Lunatone: 133-157 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played Pokemon Moon, so I'm sure it got nerfed in Gen7, and doesn't work without full HP.....
Here's the replay link:
(Now, before you say Talonflame was faster than me, Zygarde had a Choice scarf on it, so couldn't be outsped even if Talonflame had the maximum 242 speed)
Are you sure that the Zygarde was scarfed? Even if Gale Wings was working with its old mechanics, that wouldn't explain how Life Orb Kingler could outspeed the Zygarde.

Oh the above as well

Sondero

Here's the replay link:
The Zygarde held a choice band, not scarf. If it held a choice scarf, it would've done less damage to Lunatone.
e: whoops. didn't realize there was another page to the thread.

I wanted to try out Metronome Shedinja Triples, but when the Custom Game began, everytime we tried using the move, it failed. More people reported this problem on the battle chat (replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6triplescustomgame-604938478). What could be happening?
My fault I'm afraid. I was trying to fix Metronome because it was calling Gen 7 moves in Gen 6 battles, but I accidentally broke it completely. The fix should have already gone live.

My fault I'm afraid. I was trying to fix Metronome because it was calling Gen 7 moves in Gen 6 battles, but I accidentally broke it completely. The fix should have already gone live.
And the Ditto-reveals-Ability fix? When will it come?
In case you do not know, the screen that shows your stat changes on Sun and Moon also details the effects of your ability, including abilities copied by Transform and Trace.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I got a rotom-fan with airballoon today in gen-7 randbats. Pretty sure thats a bug.

i dont know if im the only one who noticed this but every time i put hp fire on kyurem-black it sets my ivs to 30 when i have the teambuilder set to gen 7 where they should be set to 31.
it doesnt seem to affect other mons using hp fire but when kyurem-black with hp fire and another mon with hp fire are on the same team both mons have their ivs set to 30 when the teambuilder is set to gen 7 and once again, they should be 31. why hasnt this been fixed yet

Sondero

i dont know if im the only one who noticed this but every time i put hp fire on kyurem-black it sets my ivs to 30 when i have the teambuilder set to gen 7 where they should be set to 31.
it doesnt seem to affect other mons using hp fire but when kyurem-black with hp fire and another mon with hp fire are on the same team both mons have their ivs set to 30 when the teambuilder is set to gen 7 and once again, they should be 31. why hasnt this been fixed yet
Does the teambuilder say that the team is just "OU", or does it say "[Gen 7] OU"? If it just says the team is OU, it's set to gen 6.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Semako, you have posted non-bugs in this thread dozens of times now when you should be verifying that it is actually a bug by asking in the Help room first, or anywhere that isn't here really. It's especially bad when your opponent explains the non-bug to you and yet you still post here. Please, please spend at least 2 minutes researching it yourself next time.

(This goes for everyone else posting here too.)

Semako, you have posted non-bugs in this thread dozens of times now when you should be verifying that it is actually a bug by asking in the Help room first, or anywhere that isn't here really. It's especially bad when your opponent explains the non-bug to you and yet you still post here. Please, please spend at least 2 minutes researching it yourself next time.

(This goes for everyone else posting here too.)
Oh yeah. It happens everytime.
It is so annoying when a dude says "you win because you won the speed tie" when I have a Ditto with scarf copying a +2 volcarona, and they decide to use quiver dance while i 2HKO them. They don't seem to get even the most basic knowledge, like the fact that item boosts factor separately from stat boosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)