BlazBlue - 2d fighters are still alive

Guys I'm confused.

I've been waiting for this game since it's been announced, and now apparently the 'upgraded version' Calamity Trigger is finally out in Europe so I was about to get it - but what is this Continuum Shift then? A completely new sequel, or DLC? When is it supposed to be available in Europe? Should I wait for it, or buy CT right away?

CS is a sequel, not DLC. I'd hold off on buying CT now, unless you want to get familiarized with the story.

Anyway I'm not sure how I feel about re-balancing. According to top players the game was already far more balanced than CT.

I probably won't care as long as they don't mess with Hakumen to much. I also like how Arakune is now. He goes from F tier (crappy normals) to S tier (one hit and he can literally take your whole life bar away). His gameplay is literally to get the curse and then go for a touch of death.

Also if anyone is interested: Here is the matchup chart for CT

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

compared to the one for CS

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8432

Though the CS one is going to change a lot once the console version is released.

edit: Would it be acceptable to post my PSN name in here? I'd be interested in playing some of you guys in CS/CT.

Also Condemnation Wings is one of the best themes in the game, as is Gluttony Fang. They really outdid themselves with the music.

I'm not going to tell you whether or not it's a good idea to buy CT at this point, but I mean, it's definitely a fun game and I'm pretty sure people still play it online to some extent (some even to "practice" for CS, which I kind of question but whatever). The general consensus is that CS is leagues better though, especially in terms of balance, and it'll probably end up being like, a thousand times more popular on a competitive level unless the community gets roid rage over balance patching or something. So if there are other fighting games on your "maybe to-buy" list, I'd definitely look into those instead, since CT kind of lost people's interest a long time ago.

Obsessed said:
Anyway I'm not sure how I feel about re-balancing. According to top players the game was already far more balanced than CT.

I probably won't care as long as they don't mess with Hakumen to much. I also like how Arakune is now. He goes from F tier (crappy normals) to S tier (one hit and he can literally take your whole life bar away). His gameplay is literally to get the curse and then go for a touch of death.
Well, "more balanced than CT" isn't really saying much. There are still "decisively superior" characters in Litchi and Bang, and clearly shitty ones (okay, just Rachel, whatever >_>). So it's nice to know that at least those three will probably be getting a bit of treatment, not that I would mind seeing other characters get tweaked too-- I have nothing against extreme characters like Arakune, but he seems a little close to the "CT Carl" end of the spectrum for my tastes. Anyway, the way I see it, as long as ASW is ASW, only good things will come from these patches in the long run.

And go ahead and post your PSN, though I doubt you'll find any players. I've only ever played IPL, and that was months ago. I'm also selling my copy like, as we speak, so yeah >_>

I have nothing against extreme characters like Arakune, but he seems a little close to the "CT Carl" end of the spectrum for my tastes. Anyway, the way I see it, as long as ASW is ASW, only good things will come from these patches in the long run.
Well Carl could combo into his clap trap from nearly anything. Arakune has to work a bit harder for his curse at least, and his bugs don't guard break so it isn't even a guaranteed ko.

Anyway yeah, ASW is generally very good at maintaining balance once they find it. I guess I really shouldn't be worried.

So this is out on Japanese consoles right about now, right? And only a few weeks until it's out for NA consoles as well, yeeee.

So. Mu, Makoto, two other downloadable characters somewhere down the line. Possible balance patches too. Anyone else as excited as I am?

hey guys i hear that bang is a pretty cool guy who does stupid damage in this game

c/d
Yep, but a balance patch was confirmed and it will be coming out in several weeks/months time.

Note that the game is currently far more balanced than CT. This top 3 has nothing on CT's top 3. The balance patches will hopefully take care of the remaining problems.

Edit:

Score attack is fucking crazy this time around. Hi I am AI Bang, and I will guard point every attack perfectly!

I can only imagine what score attack Hakumen is like.

@_@ Jin's combos are sooooo much harder than they were in CT. I mean they were ridiculously easy in CT so that's not surprising, but still.

Also, Makoto DLC is out. I haven't gotten it yet, but from what I'm reading she seems scary already.

@_@ Jin's combos are sooooo much harder than they were in CT. I mean they were ridiculously easy in CT so that's not surprising, but still.

Also, Makoto DLC is out. I haven't gotten it yet, but from what I'm reading she seems scary already.
I heard she can get somewhere around 6k without the use of meter. Granted, that is off of a fatal counter.

I'm thinking of using Lambda this time around. I only really used Hakumen because I could win with him at low level play. Now I have to spend a crapload of time working on my stick inputs.

I gotta try Mu once I unlock her. Probably has a high learning curve thanks to stein placement being important, but whatever.

The most terrifying part is that she's only been out for like a day. We only have what, her challenge combos and some early experimentation to go on, and she's apparently got a 4k midscreen combo or something?

・5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 5D (LV2) > RC > Dash > 236A~D (LV3) > 214B~D (LV3) > 2D (LV3) > j.D (LV3) > Dash > 5B > 6A > sjc > j.C > j.B > djc > j.C > j.B > 623C~D (Damage: Around 4600)

Sure you use an RC, but OH BOY HERE WE GO

The most terrifying part is that she's only been out for like a day. We only have what, her challenge combos and some early experimentation to go on, and she's apparently got a 4k midscreen combo or something?
Balance patch could always change things if she ends up too overpowered.

Speaking of the patch. I really hope they fix Rachel. I wanted to main my favorite story mode characters, but one if too difficult (Carl), and the other can only get 4.5k with a counter hit, 100% meter, and 4 winds (Rachel).

I'm using either Lambda or Mu until the patch comes. If they fix Rachel I might move over to her... maybe

Oh boy guys.

Makoto can do midscreen 7k combos. And they're easy.
I thought they were closer to 6.5k

At least the ones posted on Dustloop list that as the highest damage she can do without a Fatal Counter.

Not that is really matters. Basically if she gets a hit in she is breaking 4k easily. 2-3 combos will end the match in most situations.

yeah okay bang is a god damned monster in this game. Jin needs to make the most of every opportunity he can to avoid being slaughtered by Bang's consistently high damage output. Pretty tough when he has those fucking nails. Not sure if I'm more scared of Bang than I am of Litchi, who pissed me off even in CT, but I'm definitely scared of him now.

Not a terribly active thread in the first place but whatever, bump for the first CSII Loketest.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...-Loctest-Discussion-not-quot-Complaining-quot

I'm overall pleased with the changes they've made, or rather the intended direction they seem to be going with the rebalance.

- Jin apparently hasn't really been touched besides some slight buffs, which I think is exactly right. He's the Mario/Ryu/whatever of this game. Okay, as a biased Jin player I'd really like to see his fireballs improved on the whole, but other than that he's definitely fine just about where he is.

- Rachel is getting a big buff and seems like she'll be getting some of her old CT flavor back, namely in the form of a non-horrible j.2c. Oh, and Tempest Dahlia is apparently absent at the moment. Hopefully they're giving it a better animation. A much, much better animation. Oh, and like, make it better too, why not >_>

Also very happy that they're getting rid of the silly loops. Taokaka's taunt loop is bullshit aesthetically, which sucks because she's an otherwise interesting character. I don't think I've even played someone capable of Makoto's Parry Loop yet, but that seems silly and unnecessary too. Ragna getting raped is weird, and they still apparently don't know what to do with Noel, but other than that, I'm optimistic about these changes, impermanent though they may be.

I started playing this again recently because my friend just picked it up. I'm not very good, I main Hazama and mostly just spam D > D, j.C, 2C, 216D > C, 5C, to his j.c to 216B combo. Wouldn't mind playing any of y'all anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)