Benefits of Social Groups / Example of Translations Social Group

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Social groups provide a nice place for people to work on their translations projects. The three main benefits of having social groups to do these translation projects are the following:

1. The leader of the social group can moderate threads in said social group, control who gets access to the social group, delete threads, and so on. This allows the leader of the group to maintain order. Instead of asking a moderator on the forum / super moderator or administrator to edit a thread for them, the leader of the social group can edit everything by themselves. I'm sure the leaders of the group will appreciate that freedom.
  2. Having social groups where members of a particular translation team can talk and organize their projects eliminates the need for posting multiple threads in this forum. having people post multiple threads in a forum can get messy and chaotic, but in a social group, it's completely fine and won't bother anyone.
  3. Smogon is a English speaking forum. One of Smogon's rules is that all posts must be in English. Some people in those forum began speaking in their native language, which technically violates the aforesaid rule. In social groups, you can speak whatever language is necessary / whatever language you feel more comfortable speaking.
It is the leader's responsibility of a particular translations project to set-up a social group for their project. It is also their responsibility to make sure everything is running smoothly / the members of the translations team are doing their job.

Here's an example social group I set-up for the sake of explaining how you guys should model your social groups: Click this.

I posted an introduction to the project there and an example of a translated item (this is just an example, it is not going to be grammar checked or anything - it's just so you guys can see what you're supposed to do; if I were actually posting something serious, I'd post an entirely translated article, not a single translated item description). Then I posted if people could grammar check the work and HTML it afterwards. That's the general gist of what you should be doing.

I'll document the list of social groups for each projects here. For now, we only have a Spanish one - the leaders of the other APPROVED translations projects should make social groups as well. I'll link them here when they do.

Social Group Listing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)