SM OU Balanced Mega Medicham

Hi, this is my first team posted here so please inform me about any mistakes made, etc.
(I am not a native speaker of English so please be as kind as to oversee any mistakes I made ^^)

First of all, I chose Mega-Medicham, because I just love that Pokemon and its immense sweeping potential if you don't end up missing all your hjk's.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Medicham acts as an All-Out-Attacker in this composition. I chose a Jolly nature in order to outspeed Pokemon such as Tapu Lele and Landorus-T. It overall just hits hard and fast and prepares big mons for a potential Magearna sweep.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Same with Greninja. I chose a specially based Protean build to weaken common switch-ins, such as Assault West Magearna, Ferrothorn, etc. I found out, that I have to run Ice Beam in order to beat M-Latios, Landorus, Gliscor consistently. And threats like the Tapus are already dealt with, by my Tangrowth, which walls Lele and knocks off its Choice Item, same with Fini and Koko. (not considering a physical Z-Fly Koko, which gives Magearna free setup)

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Landorus-T is the most consistent rocker in the tier and is just solid. I chose Stone Edge over Hidden Power Ice in order to deal with Tornadus-T and not having to worry about the -SpA Nature etc. Rocks are not much of a problem with my team, but Defog still ensures my Greninja and Medicham don't get chipped unnecessarily.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

As already mentioned, my Tangrowth has to deal with the Tapus in this tier. It doesn't need Sludge Bomb due to its coverage for Lele with Knock Off and Koko with Earthquake. Bulu is walled so hard, that it should never cause a problem in my opinion. Hidden Power Ice catches Z-Fly Landorus-Ts off-guard and deals with Garchomps.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tapu Koko is my favorite of the Tapus and packs Taunt in order to prevent enemies from stalling me out, due to a lack in setup with my team. It's Shuca Berry + Hidden Power Ice enable it to counter Flying/Ground Types, which usually love to switch into it. I picked U-Turn over Volt Switch to not run into Ground Types without my Shuca Berry up.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear

Magearna is the Star Player of the team. Its role is to Shift Gear up and then sweep the enemy with its Soul-Heart boosts. I chose 3 Attacks over Calm Mind because Ice Beam is 100% necessary in order to deal with Landorus-T. (if it managed to survive my 1 million ice coverages + Shuca Berry Koko + EQ Tangrowth) Electrium Z enables it to 2HKO anything, that likes to switch into this.

So that's about all you have to know about my team. I am struggling to sweep consistently with Magearna, due to its lack of Calm Mind. Also, my Tangrowth is way too passive in this Reap-holes-with-Gren-and-Cham-then-sweep type of build. I would love to get your feedback on this team. Feel free to criticize anything you'd like :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)