SM OU Balance team (no ev's)

I have absolutely zero skill in teambuilding, and this is my first team in a long time, I just want to see if you think it is a serviceable team.

I didn't do calcs yet, but i think that Venusaur-mega has to be spd and def in order to take on extrasensory greninja/or zen headbutt tapu bulu.

The Heatran is spdef for magerna and psychic types with maybe a little bit of speed investment for taunt to even work.

Zapdos is probably defensive for mons like Scizor-mega and Kartana and I gave it hidden power ice because if i recall, offensive Landorus-Therian is a problem.

Then I have a revenge killer in scarf Keldeo. I don't know if I should have hidden power flying for Venusaur-mega or hydro pump for damage.

I have a setup sweeper in Zygarde 50%... I put substitute because I could not think of any other coverage moves that I would need in order to cover for this team.

Last but not least, there is Mimikyu another revenge killer/prevents sweeps and is a wallbraker. I noticed that my team without Mimikyu has trouble dealing with Latias and Latias-mega, Latios, Slowbro-mega, and Chansey. Swords dance makes it so that if anybody decides to switch on me, that I can do a lot of damage to their team with a x2 Ghostium Z.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
- Icy Wind
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Zygarde
Ability: Aura Break
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Outrage

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

This looks like reasonably solid balance. Here's what i'd use for EVs/Items

http://pokepast.es/b09f6817fec86492

Although Sleep Powder Venusaur is kind of cute to make Zygarde switchins, Leech Seed lets it support Heatran much better. Magma Storm lets Heatran trap and kill chansey, and Volt Switch lets Zapdos pivot into a win condition late game. Yache Berry is a bit of a meme but lets Zygarde beat Landorus much more easily, use Lefties if you dont feel thats necessary. I like Mimikium Z, simply because the accuracy boost is nice.

Hey, I like the team concept, and I would agree with TheTapDancer on EVs. By the way, a quick shoutout for this man (yes, i assumed a gender... it's fricking Pokemon :D) for taking the time to help with so many RMTs!

Just a quick thought on your Heatran. You could change Toxic to Earth Power to not get completely walled by opposing Tran and change Sub on Zygarde to Toxic.

However, you could consider Stone Edge on Scarf Keldeo to revenge kill Volc or ZardY. If you want to do this, you had to choose between getting rid of Icy Wind or Surf. Also, Scald over Surf would be a suggestion, as the move itself is so brainlessly good and you have the power option of Pump anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)