Diggersby
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Bulldoze
- Last Resort

A cool set abusing Last Resort shenanigans alongside the mechanics of Automagic. Once Diggersby uses Bulldoze , not only does it raise its Attack and its speed by 2 alongside Huge Power, but it can also now fire off powerful Last Resorts, wrecking many walls after acquiring just one Swords Dance boost. Really only Quagsire can probably deal with this set, but even then iirc it takes like 60 % minimum from LR.

This meta will be quite interesting as it develops...

EV

Banned deucer.
I made it such that the trigger wont activate if the target faints, because if it fainst, it wont be burned/flinched/confused/have its stat lowered etc. I am still working on the code, its not complete yet, but this bug has been fixed.
Ah, that makes sense, as long as self-inflicted secondary effects still work.

You want a 6-0? (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Flame Charge
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
imo.

Either way, Zard X looks like a major threat.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Lunge
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Roost

Buzewole is a fat little mosquito that gets access to Lunge, so you can effectively Bulk Up until you are ready to sweep. Unfortunately Fire pokemon such as MCharX will easily eat you right up! That's why this pokemon might be handy:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

This unaware wall won't fear a +6 Attack Mega Charizard X, and will just stall until it dies. If you want it to be fatter though, you could try a gimmicky set like Acid Spray + Stock Pile to raise your defenses while lowering theirs. Then once they have low enough SpDef, you can spam Scald for a bit more damage.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Been looking over many potential top threats and dangerous mechanics, and I think it's safe to say that Baton Pass and Fake Out may be a tad too good. Here's some example sets that could be issues for this meta:

Offensive Pass
Smeargle @ Focus Sash / Mental Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Cosmic Power / Defend Order
- Belly Drum / Tail Glow
- Baton Pass

Defensive Pass
Smeargle @ Focus Sash / Mental Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Cotton Guard
- Amnesia
- Baton Pass

I just think it's funny that this is practically a free pass if it isn't accounted for, since the only real ways to beat it is having a Ghost-type mon or having a fast/priority Taunt user, and that's if Smeargle isn't running Mental Herb. Imagine the Pokemon these stats can be passed too, and the mons that can abuse Stored Power and Power Trip. Sure, Roar and Whirlwind could work, if the stats aren't passed to a Magic Bounce mon. All in all, this will only give rise to Haze being run on every good team as well as Unaware mons.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Lunge
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Roost

Buzewole is a fat little mosquito that gets access to Lunge, so you can effectively Bulk Up until you are ready to sweep. Unfortunately Fire pokemon such as MCharX will easily eat you right up! That's why this pokemon might be handy:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

This unaware wall won't fear a +6 Attack Mega Charizard X, and will just stall until it dies. If you want it to be fatter though, you could try a gimmicky set like Acid Spray + Stock Pile to raise your defenses while lowering theirs. Then once they have low enough SpDef, you can spam Scald for a bit more damage.
Low Sweep > Hammer Arm i m o

You could definitely use Low Sweep to keep your Bulk Up ongoing, but I have Hammer Arm for dat base 100 power, and the speed drop doesn't really matter on this already slow 'mon. If only negative effects could also activate boosts, it'd be perfect. :[

Oh god, i really love this metagame! I have no sets RN, but i know that i will use Volcarona for sure.

So let's say you have King's Rock + regular move with no secondary chance (Tackle) + flinch = no trigger
Or you do King's Rock + Fake Out/Icicle Crash + flinch = trigger (because Fake Out has the chance already)
By the time the server's running secondaries to see whether automagic triggers, I don't think the code can reasonably tell whether a flinch secondary was added by King's Rock or not.
In one turn, Ambipom can use Power-Up Punch, Agility, and Z-Work Up
I don't think you can automagically trigger a Z-move...

Something that I feel is rather unexplored atm (and quite reasonably so), is the possible existence of Stall. Initially it's hard to imagine Stall being viable in a metagame like this, though I can see it finding a way with different measures to standards and a collection of key mons. Immunities to Trigger moves, Unaware, Haze, Foul Play and CM Trigger users all sound like pretty strong options for Stall. Snarl CM Mega Sableye for one is capable of abusing the new mechanic quite nicely, whilst blocking Fake Out and Power-Up Punch/Low Sweep to prevent the opposition from boosting. Quagsire boasts the godsend that is Unaware, as well as an immunity to Charge Beam and possible Stock Pile shenanigans with Scald or Bulldoze. Mandibuzz is immune to Bulldoze and has the awesome STAB Foul Play. Mantine blocks Scald and carries Haze, Clefable has Unaware, etc, etc.

So I've been trying to imagine what possible Stall Breakers might look like in this meta, with more conventional methods of Stall Breaking being less effective in the meta. Pokemon that try to Boost to unmanageable levels to break through stall would be disadvantaged by the influx of Unaware, Haze and Foul Play. Where as Taunt users will struggle against the surely popular Mega Sableye, and may prove unable to put a proper stop to bulky CM boosters that are capable of reliably boosting via a trigger move.

Here's what I came up with.

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Swords Dance
- Power Trip
- Gunk Shot / Bullet Punch / Bulk Up

Scrappy is extremely cool in this meta because it means that in combination with Swords Dance, you can get to +3 Atk in one turn using Power-Up Punch without the threat of Ghost types preventing your set up (basically just a massive fuck you to Mega Sableye). Power Trip is handy for muscling past Unaware mons, as after just two Power-Up Punches Pangoro reaches +6, giving Power Trip 140 base power, capable of 2HKOing Quagsire. The last slot has room for preference. Gunk Shot is able to 2HKO the other common Unaware mon in Clefable if it switches into you, or OHKO if it is severely wounded. Bullet Punch is however a great option to give Pangoro some use against offence, being quite a threatening priority move at +3, and it also gives coverage against Fairies (as does Gunk Shot). Lastly Bulk Up is an option to boost the power of Power Trip faster, as well as make Pangoro harder to revenge kill. Lum Berry is important to prevent Scald Spam and WoW from stopping your sweep.

252+ Atk Pangoro Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 86-104 (28.2 - 34.2%) -- 2% chance to 3HKO
+3 252+ Atk Pangoro Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 216-254 (71 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Pangoro Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pangoro Power Trip (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (BU variant)

252+ Atk Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 244-288 (62 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252+ Atk Pangoro Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 175-207 (67.5 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Note:
Pangoro could also run Mold Breaker to break Unaware mons far more easily, though it would need to run Taunt to get past Mega Sableye, meaning you lose the utility of the last slot. Though that may be more effective in some scenarios. In fact a lot of mons with Mold Breaker + Taunt & Swords Dance/Nasty Plot would also be extremely effective Stall Breakers, as they can break past Unaware mons with Mold Breaker + Boosting, while using Taunt against Mega Sableye and Haze users. But let's face it, the above set is way cooler.

Some sets I came up with

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Bulk Up
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Dynamic punch's guaranteed confusion makes bulk up trigger

Meloetta/Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Snore
- Calm Mind
- Thunder/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave/Teeter Dance

I used to mess around with this set in doubles back in gen 6 alongside one another, true cancer

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Luster Purge
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Filler

While Luster Purge is marginally weaker than psyshock and only hits specially, the 50% spdef drop actually will make it hit harder against unaware mons as their spdef will drop

I might come up w/ more later

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
By the time the server's running secondaries to see whether automagic triggers, I don't think the code can reasonably tell whether a flinch secondary was added by King's Rock or not.
I don't think you can automagically trigger a Z-move...
Ah yeah, you're right. Never mind about the Ambipom idea then, I was completely misunderstanding the whole Z-move thing. Anyway,

Infernape @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Close Combat

Very simple dual-trigger set. Fake Out and Flame Charge are both used to trigger Swords Dance, so after using both moves it would put Infernape at +4 Attack and +1 Speed. Then it can deal a ridiculous amount of damage with boosted Close Combats (and Flame Charges).

In general, Pokemon like this and Diggersby who use triggers to boost both Speed and Attack seem to be the defining force of the metagame. It'll be interesting to see how things play out and develop over time.

Meloetta/Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Snore
- Calm Mind
- Thunder/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave/Teeter Dance

I used to mess around with this set in doubles back in gen 6 alongside one another, true cancer
Lol that Snore set looks really fun and cancerous, I gots to try it out now. Togekiss is probably better off using the Choice Scarf set with Air Slash + Nasty Plot and Work Up though, cause that's one of the purest forms of cancer out there.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Oh, nice thing that this meta was posted, it's really fun.

For Manaphy, instead of only relying of the 20% burning chance of Scald, i suggest to use an Assault Vest set with Icy Wind, and this will also help for a little coverage.

Manaphy @ Assault Vest
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Acid Armor
- Tail Glow
- Scald

For Electric Types, i suggest to use Charge. It's a really nice boost. I tried a Thundurus-T Choice Scarf set with Electroweb / Agility / Nasty Plot / Charge three days ago... It's countered by every Ground type or mon with Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb, but outside this, it's really strong.

It's obviously fragile as all hell, and a sitting duck (mouse?) against lots of different types, but imagine Light Ball Pikachu with Fake Out/Charge/Nasty Plot/Volt Switch. If you can just provide Electric Terrain support from elsewhere, Volt Switch has a chance to OHKO Blissey...not even taking into account the chip damage from Fake Out.

Well, first, Chansey is the standard special blob in OU, and while Charged +2 Volt Switch will 2HKO in Electric Terrain (minimum of about 60%), needing Fake Out to get to where you need to be means Ghosts hard-wall you (hello, Marowak), and I'm unsure on the mechanics of flinch moves on the switch.

Eevee General Do flinching moves still proc Automagic on the switch? Like Iron Head, Fake Out, etc.

Last edited:
With sun support Victreebel is a god. Acid Spray, Weather Ball, Growth, and Solar Beam/Sleep Powder seems pretty dope.
What sets Victreebel apart from other crazy sweepers is that it has the coverage to destroy Acid Spray switchins (like steel types or bug types with shield dust), it isn't blown back by unaware walls, and can potentially put things to bed.

252+ SpA Victreebel Acid Spray vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 31-37 (4.8 - 5.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252+ SpA Victreebel Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. -2 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 306-360 (47.6 - 56%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

It can even muscle past Chansey! Actually come to think of it couldn't Victreebel run through stall? It breaks Chansey and the unaware gods Clefable and Quag:

252+ SpA Victreebel Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. -2 248 HP / 8 SpD Unaware Quagsire in Sun: 210-247 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
you dont even need solar beam lel

Pair with Dugtrio and say good bye to any possible counter to this godly sun sweeper

Wait, is this playable anywhere yet or is it still being coded? It doesn't say anywhere on the main page. I don't know any of the unofficial servers, so if this is playable on one of them, I need to try this out. Thanks in advance!

EV

Banned deucer.
Eevee General Do flinching moves still proc Automagic on the switch? Like Iron Head, Fake Out, etc.
They shouldn't. Spandan tag to make sure.
Wait, is this playable anywhere yet or is it still being coded? It doesn't say anywhere on the main page. I don't know any of the unofficial servers, so if this is playable on one of them, I need to try this out. Thanks in advance!
http://dragonheaven.psim.us/ ! (I added the link to the OP.)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7automagic-17260

turns out Sawsbuck can actually be viable if Grassy Terrain is up, at least against the bot. Secret Power in GTerrain with Serene Grace = 60% chance to put target to sleep and activate SD and Agility.
Set:
Sawsbuck @ King's Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Secret Power
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
Not sure if KR actually works with this.

EV

Banned deucer.
Eevee General
If my charizard is at +6 speed, and it uses flame charge, should the attack trigger the automagic? Same for Icy Wind?
What makes sense to me is if the secondary effect fails to activate (in this case, Flame Charge's +1 Speed) for any reason (in this case because the user is already at max Speed), automagic won't happen. It's the same idea as Scald failing to burn a target with Shield Dust or Mud Slap failing to lower a target's accuracy with Clear Body.

turns out Sawsbuck can actually be viable if Grassy Terrain is up, at least against the bot. Secret Power in GTerrain with Serene Grace = 60% chance to put target to sleep and activate SD and Agility.
Set:
Sawsbuck @ King's Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Secret Power
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
Not sure if KR actually works with this.
Spandan , Secret Power should not activate automagic if the target is already asleep.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's a goofy little team I just threw together. I'll try to play some matches this weekend when I have more time.

It's basically a setup spam team! Zard X looks really potent in Automagic so I built a Flame Charge + SD variant. After one FCharge it should be able to rip most teams a new one. Scarf Togekiss is a stallbreaker with a +3 Special Attack boost waiting in the wings. Quagsire is my obligatory physical setup check. Zygarde is a mono Coil + Dragon Dance set that gets triggered with Bulldoze and then sweeps with Thousand Arrows. Zurkitree is another Scarf set, this time trying to nab a Discharge trigger to get a Tail Glow and potentially a Charge boost that will just murder anything not named Ground-type. Finally there's (another) Scarf, Ditto, as my second fallback against setup. There are no hazards/hazard removal on this team mostly because I imagine Automagic games being pretty brisk until the meta stabilizes around a healthy core of checks and balances. Anyway, have at it!
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Work Up
- Aura Sphere

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald

Zygarde @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulldoze
- Coil
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Tail Glow
- Volt Switch / Charge
- Energy Ball / Charge

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Transform

Conk? -,- (Machamp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch / Filler
- Bulk Up

Self explanatory. And bulk up activates regardless of Av. Just something I've been trying out on rom. Also, very fun meta. I enjoyed the dunsparce set lmao

Last edited:
BAN BUZZWOLE
Sub Teacher (Buzzwole) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Lunge
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost
Click Lunge and laugh as they all go down. Just watch out for Priority and Unaware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)