Programming ATTN Gen III (FRLG) Save Editor developers - Joyful Game Corner

Hi,

Backstory : on my way to 100% FireRed, I've hit a wall with Trainer Card's stars as seen here. In order to obtain the 4th Star, one must beat the Joyful Game Corner : Pokémon Jump and Dodrio Berry Picking. While the former can be done on VBA, I couldn't find a way for the latter, so I used ArtMoney in order to hack the score and it worked just fine :

Now : Since I have yet to see a Gen III FR/LG save editor which allows to hack the scores on these games, I'd like to help developers implementing such features. Problem is, I have no clue of what I am doing. I have some experience with PS1 save hacking, but GBA is a whole different game since it seems every time I save the game, and then open it with a Hex editor the adresses change.

Anyway, here are the first few stuff I gathered so far :

For each minigame, there are 3 information written twice in the savegame. I will post the last adresses I've found (sorry for bad translation, my game is in French) :

Pokémon Jump :
Jumps in a row : 0000CB00 & 00019B00
Highscore : 0000CB0C & 00019B0C
Flawless jumps : 0000CB04 & 00019B04

Dodrio Berry Picking :
Amount of berries caught : 0000CB14 & 00019B14
Highscore : 0000CB10 & 00019B10
Caught with five players : 0000CB16 & 00019B16

Only the first line (bolded) is taken into account for earning the 4th star (ie 200 Jumps/Berries are required, score and third line are irrelevant).

EDIT : added savefile (FireRed / France).

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)