Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Is there any chance to get the old replays back online again ? I had a few replays that I wanted to save but I didn't download them instantly and are now lost :/

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is there any chance to get the old replays back online again ? I had a few replays that I wanted to save but I didn't download them instantly and are now lost :/
To quote what Zarel said five hours ago:
"we didn't "remove" past replays; we spun up a new replay server and rewrote some replay code; we're still working on recovering old replays"

So I guess it is not a lost cause. Developers are doing the best they can anyway

Question: Does signing up for these forums automatically sign me up for PS? And if so, how do I sign out of guest and sign into my PS account?

Thanks,
~Zing

P.S. Sorry if there were any typos. I was on my smart phone when I posted this.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Question: Does signing up for these forums automatically sign me up for PS? And if so, how do I sign out of guest and sign into my PS account?

Thanks,
~Zing

P.S. Sorry if there were any typos. I was on my smart phone when I posted this.
Pokemon showdown accounts and Smogon accounts aren't connected in any direct way. Pokemon showdown just uses the nickname you picked and, if you registered your account, a password. To choose a name, click the "Choose Name" Button in the top-right corner next to the options (cogwheel) and sound (speaker) buttons. To register your account, click the options button, then an option to register the account should be located near the bottom of the options menu.

Is there a spot I can put my PS name in on my smogon forums profile? It is slightly different from my forum name because my forum name was already taken on PS on a permanently banned/disabled account.

~Zing

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a spot I can put my PS name in on my smogon forums profile? It is slightly different from my forum name because my forum name was already taken on PS on a permanently banned/disabled account.

~Zing
I don't think there's a specific place for you to enter your PS name on here but you could always stick it on your signature like you seem to have already done with the name you use here on the forums

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Is there any way to get an unavailable nick? Basically a nick that gives you the "Your username is no longer available." message when you type it into Change Name

Is there any way to get an unavailable nick? Basically a nick that gives you the "Your username is no longer available." message when you type it into Change Name
To quote from Jasmine
Claiming Names
As of late numerous users have been contacting us in order to get certain "inactive" accounts reset on PS!. Please, from now on, before getting in contact with us, make sure you fulfill one or more of the following conditions:
  1. you are a contributor to Smogon (badgeholder) or Pokémon Showdown! (coder - spriter);
  2. you are a global driver-moderator and/or a Room Owner of a public room.
Exceptions to the above cases will be granted to:
  1. particularly helpful global voices;
  2. established community members who've owned the corresponding Smogon account for a long time.
Under any circumstance, account resets will only be granted if the applicant provides convincing reasons. For instance: "I really like the name" is not a valid reason to request a reset. Likewise, owning a newly registered account or having had a recent name change on Smogon doesn't qualify you for a name reset on PS!.

If you want an account reset and you think you're qualified for it, then feel free to post a motivated request in the Other Admin Requests Forum.

Thanks for the cooperation

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
For Showdown or the forums? For Showdown, I believe you just register another account. For the forums... don't. It's against the rules.

Actually, I have of my own, now. How are alts on the forums identified as such?
smods and admins can check ips and find out about alts, tho youre unlikely to get caught if you dont use your second alt at all

Is there a thread I can follow that talks about the replay issues? I'd like to follow the issue as it develops without contributing to the daily flood of "are replays fixed yet?" messages.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
What exactly is Pokemon Showdown? Does it require Wi-Fi. Or is it something. Which can be played on this website.
In general, Pokemon Showdown is a simulator for the various Smogon metagames, as well as some Nintendo formats (VGC, BSS, etc). It requires an active internet connection to access.

This link should be of great help. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...sources-read-here-first.3570628/#post-6774481

(you can also type in /intro in a PS chatroom as well)

I have a technical question. Is it possible to automatically play a replay when I open the link?
I have thought about an application and I need to know if I can make it easy.

Thanks.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I have a technical question. Is it possible to automatically play a replay when I open the link?
I have thought about an application and I need to know if I can make it easy.

Thanks.
i don't think that's possible you gotta press the "Play" (or "play without music") button beforehand

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is a bug or if it was intentional, but some username colors on Showdown have altered in shades. For example my name Raidx used to be a bright hot pink but now it's a darker pink. Its been affecting many users and some people are saying its been done to help read the names easier on dark mode while others are saying its a flat out glitch. If anyone knows what's going on please let me know because I miss my old pink ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)