Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I should also mention that I reached 1500 on the OU ladder with 3 different accounts but I found the team mattered in laddering. Idk if that's the case for others but yeah. Highest on the ladder I ever got to was 1600. It's just lately that I've hit a point where I don't know what I want to do and when making a team, I find myself having too many shared weaknesses, etc. Not sure how to budge out of it.

I REALLY want to make a Mega Sharpedo team but I need mons that can weaken my opponent up for the opportunity. Of course, I'll need other wincons as relying on Sharpedo itself won't always work. I seem to struggle with identifying roles needed when making a team and which Pokemon I should use to fill it. I'm familiar with what sweepers, etc are and in general, know what most pokemon roles are.

Is there a step by step checklist or questions to ask when making a team? I feel like knowing what I want when making a team will help me flesh out a team better instead of just looking and plugging stuff in.

I should also mention that I reached 1500 on the OU ladder with 3 different accounts but I found the team mattered in laddering. Idk if that's the case for others but yeah. Highest on the ladder I ever got to was 1600. It's just lately that I've hit a point where I don't know what I want to do and when making a team, I find myself having too many shared weaknesses, etc. Not sure how to budge out of it.

I REALLY want to make a Mega Sharpedo team but I need mons that can weaken my opponent up for the opportunity. Of course, I'll need other wincons as relying on Sharpedo itself won't always work. I seem to struggle with identifying roles needed when making a team and which Pokemon I should use to fill it. I'm familiar with what sweepers, etc are and in general, know what most pokemon roles are.

Is there a step by step checklist or questions to ask when making a team? I feel like knowing what I want when making a team will help me flesh out a team better instead of just looking and plugging stuff in.
In that case, I can't help you anymore. (I've only ever gotten to 1400) Try reading this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/apprentice-program-signups-sumo-ou.3591282/

Hi, I am trying to use the Showdown Android app - does this actually work at all currently? All the text on the main page of the app is a latin placeholder and I can't find anywhere to login, and also can't work out how to actually edit a team in the teambuilder (or delete a team for that matter).

Have there ever been efforts made to make a pokemon version that removes all luck components? By fans that is.
I am trying to propose on the OMM to create a mode that gives the players a warning when some RNG based action is going to trigger on the next turn. That alone would make any major luck-based strategy moot and would allow players to react to some uncommon events like Ice Beam going to freeze the MegaGross that you wanted to send into Pheromosa. There hasn't been any interest to far, sadly.

I know you can create your own server, but does anyone know if there's a simple API to run showdown via some programming language (other than JS) and receive the information to there? Or edit the teams through there?

I know of at least three kinds of statistics. There's Pokemon usage stats, item, ability, and move usage stats for each Pokemon, and stats that tell how common each playstyle is. I forgot the URLs for the last two. Do you track any more kinds of statistics? Can you give me the URLs for each kind of statistics?

Hi, I am trying to use the Showdown Android app - does this actually work at all currently? All the text on the main page of the app is a latin placeholder and I can't find anywhere to login, and also can't work out how to actually edit a team in the teambuilder (or delete a team for that matter).
Can anyone answer my question?

How can I get an account? I was told to click the "register" button but I can't find it.
Click the "Choose Name" button in the top right corner of the window, it should look something like this:

upload_2017-4-6_19-32-10.png

Once you've done this, click on the cog button at the top right of the window, which should open a menu similar to the one shown below.
upload_2017-4-6_19-33-34.png

You can see the Register button below your username, avatar and the Change Avatar button. Hope this helps!

Click the "Choose Name" button in the top right corner of the window, it should look something like this:

View attachment 80405

Once you've done this, click on the cog button at the top right of the window, which should open a menu similar to the one shown below.

You can see the Register button below your username, avatar and the Change Avatar button. Hope this helps!
Tried that, nothing special happened.
Is there another way?

Tried that, nothing special happened.
Is there another way?
There is no other way (as far as I know). If you click the Register button that appears on the top right Cog menu, enter a password for that account (twice) and answer Pikachu to the "What is this Pokemon?" question, then it should register your account. You can type /register into a chat room, but that will just bring up another lino to the menu.

I know you can create your own server, but does anyone know if there's a simple API to run showdown via some programming language (other than JS) and receive the information to there?
The communication from the client to the server is documented here: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/PROTOCOL.md so you can write your own front end, if that's what you mean.
Or edit the teams through there?
Team editing is handled entirely within the browser. The team is only sent to the server when you request or accept a battle.

So to clarify before I get infracted this is not an appeal.

I was locked today for having the same IP as a user named Nibber10. Obviously if someone else does something on my IP that's my problem. However I just yesterday bought a new phone and I don't have WiFi so I just use data.

So my question is what would my IP be? Could someone else use it? Could this be a mistake?

As a note I have had this new phone for less that 24 hours and it has not left my possession in that time nor connected to WiFi outside of the small store in which I bought it.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This thread ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/read-me-rules-simple-questions-submissions-closed.3532781/ ) was locked, so I'm going to ask here.
In Sketchmons, why are celebrate, conversion, forest's curse, happy hour, hold hands, purify, sketch, and trick-or-treat banned on Pokemon that don't naturally learn them? The bans seem redundant, as nobody uses these moves anyway.
All those moves, when turned into their respective Z moves, give +1 to every stat. They're very highly coveted moves in Gen 7 and the sheer number of pokemon that could become overpowered if they had access to those moves is hard to imagine.

This thread ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/read-me-rules-simple-questions-submissions-closed.3532781/ ) was locked, so I'm going to ask here.
In Sketchmons, why are celebrate, conversion, forest's curse, happy hour, hold hands, purify, sketch, and trick-or-treat banned on Pokemon that don't naturally learn them? The bans seem redundant, as nobody uses these moves anyway.
All those moves, when turned into their respective Z moves, give +1 to every stat. They're very highly coveted moves in Gen 7 and the sheer number of pokemon that could become overpowered if they had access to those moves is hard to imagine.
For clarification, the pokemon that sparked the ban in ordinary sketchmons were Kyurem-B, who often used Z-conversion, and Swoobat, whop used a simulator glitch to have +2 in every stat for stored power. This was the early stages of the metagame, so other options hand't really been explored, but it was abundantly clear that the only problem with those otherwise perfectly fine pokemon was +1 Z-moves, so they were suspected and then banned by sketchmons. Thsi sort fo thing takes place in the thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sketchmons-dugtrio-is-now-banned.3587743/

I've got a question regarding the display of the opponent's information. In whatever format, when my opponents switches in, it already says Item: (exists) even though at that point there's no way for me to know whether my opponent is holding an item or not. This makes me wonder... why is this? In cases such as Pokemon using Acrobatics with/without an item this is actually pretty critical.

I've got a question regarding the display of the opponent's information. In whatever format, when my opponents switches in, it already says Item: (exists) even though at that point there's no way for me to know whether my opponent is holding an item or not. This makes me wonder... why is this? In cases such as Pokemon using Acrobatics with/without an item this is actually pretty critical.
On cart, you can tell at team preview whether or not they have an item.

For clarification, the pokemon that sparked the ban in ordinary sketchmons were Kyurem-B, who often used Z-conversion, and Swoobat, whop used a simulator glitch to have +2 in every stat for stored power. This was the early stages of the metagame, so other options hand't really been explored, but it was abundantly clear that the only problem with those otherwise perfectly fine pokemon was +1 Z-moves, so they were suspected and then banned by sketchmons. Thsi sort fo thing takes place in the thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sketchmons-dugtrio-is-now-banned.3587743/
I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)