Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Monotype Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd like to ask for help on how I could build a mono steel type team (singles OU or Doubles OU). I've sorta been volunteered as a gym leader for a group I admin lol I know I'm probably in the wrong thread asking this, I'm still pretty unfamiliar on how to navigate my way to the proper articles to help me out. Hope to hear from you =] thanks!

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'd like to ask for help on how I could build a mono steel type team (singles OU or Doubles OU). I've sorta been volunteered as a gym leader for a group I admin lol I know I'm probably in the wrong thread asking this, I'm still pretty unfamiliar on how to navigate my way to the proper articles to help me out. Hope to hear from you =] thanks!
This isn't the thread to get comprehensive advice, but you did come to the right place! Check out the various threads tagged as a resource in this forum as a start. Once you have the outline of the team, head over to the Monotype room on Pokémon showdown (a link to the room is in my signature) and there are many people that can help you test the team and offer feedback.

Good luck mate!

This isn't the thread to get comprehensive advice, but you did come to the right place! Check out the various threads tagged as a resource in this forum as a start. Once you have the outline of the team, head over to the Monotype room on Pokémon showdown (a link to the room is in my signature) and there are many people that can help you test the team and offer feedback.

Good luck mate!
Thanks mate! =] Much love for the help. I would love to build a team around mega metagross so hopefully we can get a solid one =D

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Awh, that sucks about it being banned =[ oh well =P I'll take Mega Scizor as it's my 2nd favorite mega (tied with Mega Zard X) =] thanks again friend =]
btw if u need help with someone to teambuild a solid team for u, heres a thread where u can request a team and a professional builds it for u with descriptions, just click Here or have a look at monotype's Sample Teams Thread
Good luck!

Zard x is also banned.
I almost was thinking it was xD LOL

Here's the banlist.

To see the banlist in case you forget, PM The Lord Monotyke .bl or just say it in the room, the bot will send it to you.
Thanks mate =] this will help out

btw if u need help with someone to teambuild a solid team for u, heres a thread where u can request a team and a professional builds it for u with descriptions, just click Here or have a look at monotype's Sample Teams Thread
Good luck!
Thank you for the links, they will be helpful =]

Given that in regular OU Mega Gallade finds itself thoroughly outclassed by Mega Medicham, what makes it not so in Monotype? Also, tl;dr on the reasoning behind the non-OU-standard bans (Gross, ZardX, etc)?

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Given that in regular OU Mega Gallade finds itself thoroughly outclassed by Mega Medicham, what makes it not so in Monotype? Also, tl;dr on the reasoning behind the non-OU-standard bans (Gross, ZardX, etc)?
Actually I think Mega Medicham may have recently passed Gallade in the usage stats. I'm on mobile atm, so checking the usage stats is difficult unless I'm on a computer, but the speed and sweeping potential that Gallade provides is highly valued. Fighting and Psychic both have decent wallbreakers already, but setup sweepers aren't quite as common. Either way, I think Medicham is better in the current meta.

Mega Metagross and Zard X were both banned because of the team limitations in monotype. OU can just tell you to run a certain pokemon to deal with a specific threat, but many types of teams in Monotype simply don't have anything that can deal with Metagross's power or Zard X's sweeping ability. Fairy , Ice, and Rock particularly struggled with Metagross.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Given that in regular OU Mega Gallade finds itself thoroughly outclassed by Mega Medicham, what makes it not so in Monotype?
To my understanding you asked what makes gallade better than megacham in mono whilst in ou it's outclassed by it.
If that's incorrect reply with like no or smth and I'll shamefully delete my post..(not a native speaker!)

Mega gallade has access to Knockoff and Swords Dance. This combination of moves play a huge role in Fighting VS Ghost/Psychic matchups( which fighting struggles a lot against, you know type matchup and everything) while sadly medicham doesn't have such luxurious moves(although Double Priority(one of which demolishes fairy if played well), and an absurd attack stat (598 after Pure Power) does help a lot when you need to a wallbreaker that doesn't have many switchins besides like Slowbro and the viable ghost mons), and so it is a great way out of these horrible matchups.
I'm positive that a +2 medicham that holds a knock off in its moveset sweeps psy w/o being adamant, after you get rid of the opposing scarves(Latios/Victini and well Alakazam since it's faster and usually runs a sash), or faster/same speed mons. And of course outside of Fighting vs Ghost/Psychic, it also does a great job against other fighting teams outspeeding everything except hawlucha or opposing gallade, and any type really, its speed tier post-mega is what makes it so great really.
I really hope I got your q right :/

To my understanding you asked what makes gallade better than megacham in mono whilst in ou it's outclassed by it.
If that's incorrect reply with like no or smth and I'll shamefully delete my post..(not a native speaker!)

Mega gallade has access to Knockoff and Swords Dance. This combination of moves play a huge role in Fighting VS Ghost/Psychic matchups( which fighting struggles a lot against, you know type matchup and everything) while sadly medicham doesn't have such luxurious moves(although Double Priority(one of which demolishes fairy if played well), and an absurd attack stat (598 after Pure Power) does help a lot when you need to a wallbreaker that doesn't have many switchins besides like Slowbro and the viable ghost mons), and so it is a great way out of these horrible matchups.
I'm positive that a +2 medicham that holds a knock off in its moveset sweeps psy w/o being adamant, after you get rid of the opposing scarves(Latios/Victini and well Alakazam since it's faster and usually runs a sash), or faster/same speed mons. And of course outside of Fighting vs Ghost/Psychic, it also does a great job against other fighting teams outspeeding everything except hawlucha or opposing gallade, and any type really, its speed tier post-mega is what makes it so great really.
I really hope I got your q right :/
Yeah, that's exactly right. Thanks!

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is this how you do spoilers :o?
That feature is usually used for compressing text or images that would take up a ton of space. That way posts look more neat and organized. You could use it for spoilers I suppose, although I'm not sure what you would be spoiling. If you are going to use it for spoilers, you can label it as such by typing
Code:
[hide=spoiler]
insert text/image/whatever here
[/hide]
That code will give you this result:
insert text/image/whatever here

You could replace the word "spoiler" with any other word/phrase to label it something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)