Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are there gonna be any other Mega Evolutions besides Crucibelle?
There are not currently any plans to make any others. Crucibelle was made as a special project specifically to be a mega. That is not something there are any plans to do again. But, it is not completely out of the question either.

A little sidenote that I think fits in here the most:

The image files of Kerfluffe on the CAP-page in smogon.com are broken. In the overview and in Kerfluffles detail page.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
If creating new moves/abilities on CAPs is no more allowed why can we use the old ones (persistent, mountaineer, etc...)?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If creating new moves/abilities on CAPs is no more allowed why can we use the old ones (persistent, mountaineer, etc...)?
No longer using custom mechanics was a policy decision we made because we thought they were no longer a good approach for the project and process. While this means we will no longer use them on new Pokemon going forward, the decision had no impact on what was already done, and we have no real interest in retconning past creations to pretend they were made under the current rules.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Why is CAP bans dependant from the OU bans?
This metagame is different and there could be more possibilities to stop a threat here.
For example here Mega Metagross and Protean Greninja are ranked A+, while in OU are ranked S.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be banned, but I want to know why the ban possibilities are not discussed from a specific council

maybe beacuse CAP are competetive pokemon for OU wich allow have a another metagame and that metagame (CAP) is the same metagame of OU but with different pokemon

I was wondering, is there any information on the Strategem Prevos? I know they exist, but I've never been able to find their stats, abilities, height, weight, and what not. Likewise, does Kitsunoh really have no pokedex entries?

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I was wondering, is there any information on the Strategem Prevos? I know they exist, but I've never been able to find their stats, abilities, height, weight, and what not. Likewise, does Kitsunoh really have no pokedex entries?
Right now, we're in the process of updating old mons and finishing old prevos. You can participate in the Update process in the threads labelled CAP Updates here. The Prevo project takes place here. Make sure you read each thread to know what's going on, and ask any questions here or in the CAP chatroom on Pokemon Showdown or the CAP Discord.

jas61292

used substitute
To give a more direct response, no, there is not currently much information on Stratagem's Prevos. They, along with a number of other 4th gen Prevos were never officially given much more than art or names. We are currently in the process of fleshing out all these prevos, including eventually Stratagem's, though we have not started those specific ones yet.

As for Kitsunoh and Pokedex entries... I honestly am not sure, though it would not surprise me. Some aspects of the process have changed over the years, and it is quite possible that some modern steps were not always done in the past, such as dex entries.

So... if some of them don't have Dex Entries, shouldn't that be a part of the Update process? And shouldn't there be a list of Dex entries somewhere so people don't have to comb the CAP Process Archive to find them?

Sorry im on mobile, but I have a list of all the capmons with no dex entries on my wall. Rage posted it there so I wouldn't lose it. I plan to bring them up as they are relevant.

Edit, this is the list: Arghonaut, Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, Colossoil, Krilowatt. One of which is currently closed, so someone should probably fix that.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
These will likely get looked at when the updates proper are completed. Either that or I could run them concurrently with the Prevo processes for those mons. I will bring this up with the other mods.

Hey, I understand the policy on implementing CAP mons into romhacks and the like, having read the policies previously, but I want to know if making a hack that's an edit of another romhack released on another established community would violate the guidelines, even if I only released it on my Twitter.
The rule I'm asking about, specifically, is:
"Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community"

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
When I select Tomohawk on the teambuilder, why can I see Reflect and Earth Power as a selectable moves.
Can these moves be removed instead of creating an error message when checked?

Also, where can I find a recap of all the updates?

When I select Tomohawk on the teambuilder, why can I see Reflect and Earth Power as a selectable moves.
Can these moves be removed instead of creating an error message when checked?
I believe that is because those moves are still usable just not in gen7

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Earth Power and Reflect are still able to be learned by Tomohawk, but they are banned in the 7th Gen CAP Metagame on Tomohawk. If you try to use a Tomohawk with either or both of those moves in Gen7, then an error message will pop up saying those moves are banned.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Since there are the nominations of TL and TLT of the CAP 23, I did a beta of a concept following the guidelines used for the other CAPs, but I'm not sure that it's good.
Where can I ask help for any corrections?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There is no place on the forums to ask for concept help until the concept submission thread actually opens. However, you may or may not find people willing to assist you in the PS CAP room or on CAP's discord.

Hey, im reading the entire cap archive, its very fun to do, but i have a small question: is there ever a cap pokemon banned from the metagame? And if not, what happens if there is a cap made that is just too good for the metagame? And how exactly are caps being prevented to be that good? Are there specific limits like a maximum base stat rating?

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Hey, im reading the entire cap archive, its very fun to do, but i have a small question: is there ever a cap pokemon banned from the metagame? And if not, what happens if there is a cap made that is just too good for the metagame? And how exactly are caps being prevented to be that good? Are there specific limits like a maximum base stat rating?
Actually there are no cap pokemon banned.
If a cap pokemon is too strong, it will be nerfed on the first cap update.
A few examples are aurumoth that has lost illusion and tomohawk that has lost reflect and earth power

Actually there are no cap pokemon banned.
If a cap pokemon is too strong, it will be nerfed on the first cap update.
A few examples are aurumoth that has lost illusion and tomohawk that has lost reflect and earth power
Oh really? Cool i didnt know that, thanks. I wonder when those updates began.. i am now at cap 8 and didnt encounter one yet in the archive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)