Other Metagames Ascension: Mega Rayquaza (Anything Goes)

Introduction: Rayquaza, since its creation, has been a very powerful pokemon. When given a mega evolution, it broke the game, and was banned from Ubers, and Ubers is the tier where pokemon that are too powerful go. So, I decided to build a team around it. And it the right hands, its easy to see why it is in a tier of its own.

Team:

Mega Ray is a force to be reckoned with. It can be used as a Sweeper and a wallbreaker at the same time. To mega evolve, all that is required is that Ray knows Dragon's Accent, which is just a flying type close combat. 120 damage and STAB makes it punch holes in teams. Dragon Dance turns Ray into a great sweeper. After 1 it can pretty much either OHKO most things and 2HKO everything else. Extreme Speed is to pick off weakened threats and to prevent it from being hit with priority. Earthquake is for steel types that resist his other moves. Lum Berry is to prevent this sweeper from getting shut down with a thunder wave or a will-o-wisp. Delta Stream replaces primal weather and reduces all the weaknesses that come with a flying type. Last but not least, Shiny because, well..glowing black dragon. Who could argue with that.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Primal Groudon is a tank. Being a fire/ground type, it is immune to burns and thunder wave. Stealth Rock hurts incoming pokemon. Lava Plume has a 30% chance to burn and is boosted by STAB and Desolate Land. Stone Edge hurts flying types as well as any fire types. Precipice Blades is Groudon's most powerful move. 120 Power and STAB hits very hard and is hard to switch into.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge

Yveltal hurts ghosts and psychic types reliably. Dark Pulse gets STAB and is boosted by Dark Aura. Sucker Punch is for priority and Knock off is for utility. Oblivion Wing hits with STAB and recovers HP for Yvetal.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Xerneas takes 1 turn to set up with Geomancy and power herb, doubling its special attack, special defense, and speed. Moonblast hits STAB, and is further boosted by Fairy Aura. Thunder hits key flying types and Focus Blast hurt the steel types that could cause a threat.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Latios is the team Defogger. This benifits Groudon, Mega Ray, and Yvetal. Draco Meter is meant to severely damage anything that gets hit by it. Psyshock hits physically which helps Lati break through the enemy team. Roost is the heal 50% of its health to stay around longer. Soul Dew is like holding a choice specs and a assault vest at the same time, without the negative effects.

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost

Extreme Killer Arceus is a revenge killer as well as a late game sweeper. Swords Dance doubles attack and when mixed with extreme speed can take out an entire team. Earthquake hits rock and steel types, which extreme speed is not very effective against. Shadow claw hits ghost types that are immune to extreme speed.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

If anyone has any ideas to make this team as deadly as possible, I'd be interested to hear it. Thinking about life orb on Arceus and maybe replacing Yvetal with Darkrai.

Last edited:
Hi there!
This team looks pretty solid but there are quite a few improvements to be made. First, I'm not quite sure if you are aiming for a hyper offensive build or a more bulky offense setup. I think bulky offense might be better for you so I would suggest the following changes: life orb yveltal>>> defensive yveltal. Defensive yveltal puts in a ton of work for this team because at the moment you are extremely weak to ekillers. U should use a rocky helmet, Max defense and hp, and a moveset of foul play/roost/taunt/sucker punch. Secondly, latios just isn't viable in anything goes because it loses to far too many Pokemon such as darkrai, ekiller, yveltal, and xerneas. Honestly, it could be replaced by just about anything, but if you really want a defogger you can opt for a physically defensive arceus fairy with judgment, will o wisp, defog, and recover. Fairy arceus gives you an excellent switchin to mega rayquaza even with rocks up, which is something yveltal can't do. As it stands the team is very weak to darkrai, so I'd suggest shadow claw>>>magic coat on your ekiller arceus. Magic coat allows your ekiller to switch in on darkrai much better and possibly provide a free setup opportunity. You should also be using a lum Berry over leftovers. Finally, you might want to change stone edge>>>roar on primal groudon to deal with geomancy xerneas better and just phase around other mons in general. I know this was kind of a mouthful but I hope I helped. Good luck with the team!

Hi there!
This team looks pretty solid but there are quite a few improvements to be made. First, I'm not quite sure if you are aiming for a hyper offensive build or a more bulky offense setup. I think bulky offense might be better for you so I would suggest the following changes: life orb yveltal>>> defensive yveltal. Defensive yveltal puts in a ton of work for this team because at the moment you are extremely weak to ekillers. U should use a rocky helmet, Max defense and hp, and a moveset of foul play/roost/taunt/sucker punch. Secondly, latios just isn't viable in anything goes because it loses to far too many Pokemon such as darkrai, ekiller, yveltal, and xerneas. Honestly, it could be replaced by just about anything, but if you really want a defogger you can opt for a physically defensive arceus fairy with judgment, will o wisp, defog, and recover. Fairy arceus gives you an excellent switchin to mega rayquaza even with rocks up, which is something yveltal can't do. As it stands the team is very weak to darkrai, so I'd suggest shadow claw>>>magic coat on your ekiller arceus. Magic coat allows your ekiller to switch in on darkrai much better and possibly provide a free setup opportunity. You should also be using a lum Berry over leftovers. Finally, you might want to change stone edge>>>roar on primal groudon to deal with geomancy xerneas better and just phase around other mons in general. I know this was kind of a mouthful but I hope I helped. Good luck with the team!
I'll test Magic Coat and maybe try Darkrai instead of Lati. Darkrai should help with the lack of shadow claw. Might be a better lineup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)