Art for Articles

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bit curious, what would you guys like for the FRLG/DPP Legendaries article? I wouldn't mind doing a small headshot of each legend if needed (college is almost done for the semester too, so I'll have time).
While that would be radical, I have two concerns about this:
1) Multiple images usually means that they're either shrunk down considerably, or need to be somewhat small to begin with, in order to be included within the text, so more images may sometimes mean that the art don't get as much space as it could get.
2) While it is our aim to illustrate all articles, remember that most of them won't receive nearly as much traffic as our articles and media submissions that goes live today, so there's no need to make that extra effort unless you have a really good theme across all images or another reason that'd go well with the article's layout.

bubblymaika

I'd sell you to satan for one corn chip
is an Artist Alumnus
While that would be radical, I have two concerns about this:
1) Multiple images usually means that they're either shrunk down considerably, or need to be somewhat small to begin with, in order to be included within the text, so more images may sometimes mean that the art don't get as much space as it could get.
2) While it is our aim to illustrate all articles, remember that most of them won't receive nearly as much traffic as our articles and media submissions that goes live today, so there's no need to make that extra effort unless you have a really good theme across all images or another reason that'd go well with the article's layout.
They would be small, probs 500x500 max and I could go smaller. I like doing mini doodles.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They would be small, probs 500x500 max and I could go smaller. I like doing mini doodles.
That's the end resolution for most of our images, even when only one is given the space it needs. When I say small, I'm taking like ......250x250. You can probably ask anto about your current idea for how to do things and she may be able to answer how do-able it is.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
damn im back-ish, will be looking at this. sorry, exams killed me. but i don't think there's anything in mind? maybe the main character looking at the legendaries, or tbh your idea is cuter bubblymaika

Didn't have internet for almost 18 hours so I finally did this. Sorry that they're not in the same style.

[3 different textures, couldn't decide which looked better]

Thank you to Bummer for letting me do this and a deer for letting me collab and finish the two amazing wip concepts!

edit: this is for http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/status btw. also, now that it's uploaded, there seems to be little to no difference between textured and non textured :I

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
The Hippowdon works just fine, good amount of emotion and action while still sticking to the topic. The Heatran has too thick lineart too my tastes however, and I also find the white lineart not working to its advantage, so if you're determined to have two pictures for that article then I'd revisit it, although it works fine with just the Hippowdon imo.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
im not dead!!

i'm alive, i had to take a break because uni exams and i've recently come back. i got great plans for this section and i'm willing to dedicate my full time to this once my last exam is done on july 11th.

i loved the hippo, thanks imas :) i think the heatran looks a lot better now, but he still wanted you to say if it's ok or not Bummer

Silverdragon is the lovely wip gonna be finished? and f(x) was doing art for the home page but that never happened? and brightobject was finishing some stuff as well. sorry for huge bump out of nowhere, i finally got the time to a be good leader

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh my gosh im so sorry for this, im not good at remembering to keep my promises so yes please remove me

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Bummer

Sorry for the late reply (Exams)

I've done a sketch trying to improve on what you pointed out last time :

It isn't the most neatest of sketches ;A;
anto

Ah well I was waiting for any things I might need to change before I line . So should I go ahead or is there any changes needed ?
yeah it's much more dynamic, so it more acuurately shows the defininf moment when either catching them or approaching them, I'd say the trainer could be further into the back as otherwise he'd be really close to the action and be in danger of getting hurt

can't really tell what legend is pictured though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)