(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

One more:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gliscor

Checks and Counters

Bulky Waters Bulky Water-types will give Gliscor problems, as the best he can do is Toxic them or try to use Swords Dance and whittle them down with Earthquake. Gyarados is the biggest problem if Gliscor is without Stone Edge, since it is immune to Earthquake, has Intimidate to cut Sand Veil Gliscor's attack and carries a very strong Waterfall to KO Gliscor with. Swampert and Suicune are also dangerous, since they can Ice Beam or Roar Gliscor depending on the set. Skarmory has to beware of Taunt, but can wall even the Stallbreaker stallbreaker Gliscor, being immune to Earthquake and Toxic. Starmie and Shaymin are also good choices, since they can often outspeed Gliscor and put large dents in him with their STAB Special Attacks. In fact, most Special Attacks in general will be hurting Gliscor a lot, and his weaknesses to Water and Ice aren't helping either. Gengar in particular is immune to Earthquake and Toxic, and packs a 4x resistance to U-turn, which means he can usually switch in for free and get a Substitute up.
Bulky Waters should be Bulky Water-types. (According to this post)

Set names are only capitalized in set titles, never in set comments (If Arcanine is a specially defensive variant, it isn't OHKOed by Milotic's Surf.).

I just sorta stumbled upon this, but the overview on Emolga's page has a typo; the word "crippling" is spelled "criplling".

Emolga's Overview said:
However, Emolga is pretty frail, and is unfortunately weak to Ice- and Rock-type moves, which includes a criplling weakness to Stealth Rock.
That is all.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we make it a semi-official policy to link to smogon analyses at the top of edits? Like with this thread for example, he links to serebii's dex page instead of ours. Abomasnow already has a full analysis and dex, serebii's page offers way less, gives other sites traffic, and establishes that we don't have the best of everything pokemon, etc.

I'm not picking on that one thread as it is a great set, that was just the first one on the page that had a non-smogon link at the top.

This isn't a huge issue so I didn't know where else to put it.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Can we make it a semi-official policy to link to smogon analyses at the top of edits? Like with this thread for example, he links to serebii's dex page instead of ours. Abomasnow already has a full analysis and dex, serebii's page offers way less, gives other sites traffic, and establishes that we don't have the best of everything pokemon, etc.

I'm not picking on that one thread as it is a great set, that was just the first one on the page that had a non-smogon link at the top.

This isn't a huge issue so I didn't know where else to put it.
Yeah idk why people are still doing this, it isn't a big deal enough to warrant an announcement or really a thread though. I guess the behavior just kinda needs to stop?

That event is only for Generation IV, not for BW. The only time it appears is as a held item in the Battle Subway, though it is unobtainable (Thief'd items cannot be kept).

http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_lc_guide

- The article switches between using OHKOd and OHKOed

however, note that Stealth Rock or Spikes must be up for Shelmet to be OHKOd by Brave Bird
For one, strong defensive Pokemon, such as Bronzor, will not be OHKOed or even 2HKOed by most sweepers,
-Multiple spacing problems. Here's what I found, might have more.

Scraggy, one of the most feared sweepers in Little Cup, is a great physical sweeper. After a single Dragon Dance, it will have 21 Speed and27 Attack.
Offensive Rain is an uncommon strategy in Little Cup, mostly because it lacks a Drizzle user. Thus,they must consistently restart the weather over time due to turn limit and either Snover or Hippopotas switching in.
For that reason, any Pokemon above abase Speed of 53 should not be considered, as only Pokemon with base 52Speed and below can reach a minimum Speed of 9 or below.
Grimer, a Pokemon that is often overlooked in Little Cup,has amazing potential in Trick Room with its base 80 Attack and 25Speed.
Krabby has an Attack stat of 105, one of the highest in the tier,and with its low Speed, can crush Pokemon with Crabhammer and Return.
This way, one can easily Taunt the Trick Room user or phaze it out with Whirlwind or Roar.However, it should be noted that Whirlwind and Roar are quite rare in Little Cup and do not see much use outside of this purpose.
Morning Sun gives it somewhat reliable recovery, and Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple many physical attackers.U-turn is a great scouting move, forming the great "Volt-Turn"combo when in tandem with Chinchou, and Flare Blitz is a powerful STAB that does massive damage to anything that does not resist it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)