Arceus (The analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I've decided to bring it in here first before I bring it into PR (or MA pending on if we're removing PR any day from now). So we all know that Arceus is up for a Platinum revamp. No Maniac, I'm not picking on you. The point I'm bringin up today is a very simple question that could have mixed answers:

Should we split the Arceus analysis up?

By this I mean splitting each Arceus "form" with the Plates as different analysis. And, of course, the Normal-type Arceus. For arguments sake, I will present why and possibly why not to agree with this.

The reason to agree with this is because with the Plates, Arceus is technically like "another form". They play completely different with a different plate. In other words, the Ice Plate Arceus is in almost no way playing similair to the Poison Plate Arceus. It is also because of the "possible" size of the analysis. Right now since its been recently (and it hasn't) updated, Arceus has a total of... 9 sets. Possibly more sets with the inclusion of Platinum move tutors.

For the reasons why not to possibly do this. Nintendo has not actually said anything about Arceus having different forms. Granted, Nintendo hasn't even released anything of Arceus' existance, so this point could be rather moot.

I'm sorry if I sound unclear or even silly about asking this, but the main question has been addressed. I personally feel that the plates give Arceus the reason of being different Pokemon despite having the same stats and movepool (well the ability too). If it seems rather pointless to ask this and such, feel free to close or delete this.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Right now since its been recently (and it hasn't) updated, Arceus has a total of... 9 sets. Possibly more sets with the inclusion of Platinum move tutors.
I just wanted to point out the Clefable set has a grand total of 11. I never thought number of sets mattered for analysis.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does anyone really care about psychic plate Arceus?

You can only have one Arceus per team. The analysis should show what it does best, regardless of how many sets that is. At the same time, I do understand that you can only have one Deoxys per team but it does have different stats depending on the form.

Comparing it to Rotom and its forms, the Rotoms only have one move to differentiate them from their counterparts. Arceus, on the other hand, has completely different types. If you ask me, that is much more major and therefore should at least get the same treatment as the Rotoms did.

No. The current analysis is fine, and like Surgo said, would leave a bunch of pointless analyses out there as well. One analysis page is plenty.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The problem with this would be having to analyze each type, which takes forever.

I'm agreeing with Surgo here. One analysis is better than having to create 18(?) different analyses of Arceus.
So we all know that Arceus is up for a Platinum revamp. No Maniac, I'm not picking on you.
Actually, Maniac says he's given up on the analyses. So Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus are free.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well alright. I can see why not to do it (yeah no one is going to use the Psychic-Plate Arceus and a couple of others). Then there's Mew and such. So I see the point why not to do it. I'll just close this unless someone really thinks there's a good reason to do it this way.

EDIT: On that note, we probably should see who can re-write Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga. If anyone wants help, I can. I'm helping Venom but after tommorrow I'm probably open until school resumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)