SM RU Arabian Nights- A Passimian Squad

Introduction

Hai everybody! So I wanted to build a squad around a mon no one mentions, Passimian. With its solid 120 attack and 80 Speed, I was sold on building a squad around him! This is that squad. (In case you didn't know, everyone is named after a character from Disney's Aladdin franchise because I could see all of these Pokemon surviving in the desert tbh)

The Squad

passimian.gif

Jafar (Passimian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- U-turn

The shining star of the show, I actually MM'ed this boi after 316 eggs! But anyways, After finding out he had the exact same speed as Chandelure, it made me want to use a scarf set so here we are! CC is obvious STAB, EQ and Iron Head are for coverage, and U-Turn is to GTFO of a bad matchup whilst hitting his Psychic checks pretty hard. EVs are self explanatory, and Adamant is there to hit as hard as possible. (It's also the nature I MM'ed him with so YOLO) You want to use him basically like a worse Scarfcross (its banning is what really motivated me to finish this team as what other scarf fighters do we have in RU?) also Defiant when

Hamed (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

My Special Psychic check, Registeel is also my hazards lead, running Stealth Rock because Stealth Rock, Seismic Toss is to not become the next Pyukumuku (although Pyukumuku is adorable ngl), Protect is to scout out leads and waste Toxic turns, and Toxic is to cripple opposing walls not named Florges, Gligar, or Doublade. (Hamed is actually the first name of the sultan aka Jasmine's father from Aladdin. Thanks Wikipedia!)

Jasmine (Florges-Blue) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy/Toxic

Speaking of Florges, she's our next member of the team! Our premier physical wall, Jasmine is not one to be messed with. Moonblast is for STAB and not being setup fodder for everything ever, Wishtect is for reliable recovery that can also be passed on to teammates, and Aromatherapy is for being a cleric! (Toxic can also be run to cripple opposing walls like everything not named Gligar or steel types) (Also she survives in the desert by being able to create an oasis at will but that's not relevant here)

Genie (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Defog
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Even after 10,000 years, Flygon's neck is just fine! One of my main setup sweepers, Flygon is nice to check RU staples like Salazzle (who you will see later), AV Goodra, etc. DD is for setup, Defog is our only means of hazard removal, and Outrage and EQ are two solid STABs that hit and hit hard. (Also RIP Robin Williams ;;;)

Nasira (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot

What did i tell you? Salazzle is another key setup sweeper, packing Nasty Plot to plot your doom, Fire Blast and Sludge Wave for STAB, and HP Ice (which was originally Dragon Pulse but Gligar was being a hater) to kill Gligars. You can choose whatever ability you want, they're both equally useless IMO. (Also, for those who don't get the name reference, Nasira is Jafar's fraternal twin sister from an obscure PS1 game. She looks like this:
Nasira's_PNG.png (Fitting, I know.))

Aladdin (Zoroark) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Memento
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

And finally, the "diamond in the rough" himself, Zoroark! I run a Memento set to cripple some dangerous threats for this team i.e. Gatr, Blade, Glig, etc. Nasty Plot is for setting up to murder enemies, and Pulse+Flamethrower are to actually attack stuff. (I wanted to run Sludge Bomb in place of Flamethrower but Memento is an EM. So yeah, not legal. (Zoroark is ass in BH anyway)) The name reference should be obvious right guys?

Conclusion

But anyways, that's the team! Feel free to drop a rate down below and tell me what you think of the team!

Last edited:

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Registeel needs maximum investment in HP in order to live hits so you should put max EVs in HP instead of Defense cause its purpose is being a special wall. You lack a Water-type check so I would recommend Mantine over Zoroark because you already have a Nasty Plot Salazzle. Adding Mantine lets you put Iron Tail over Defog on Flygon so you can check Fairy-types, mainly Gardevoir because it's able to Trace Levitate and completely wall you.
Hamed (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Genie (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Hope you like these changes!

Implemented everything you said, but shouldn't the new Aladdin (Mantine) be Bold? Judging from Florges's point of view, Calm doesn't help you be a better Physical wall.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello interesting team you have here, Passimian is definitely not a very good pokemon in the tier, but I'll keep it in the team since you've created the team around it. I would change his set anyway, I think choice scarf is a great item in general, but i'd suggest to try a Life orb variant using rock slide over Iron head as it helps to deal with Mantine, i'd provide another suggestion, if you want to remove Passimian, i'd suggest you to use Pangoro, this mon is absolutely amazing against fatter builds like shake stall it setups swords dance very easily against some defensive pokemons likes of bronzong, umbreon and air slash less Mantine, with gunk shot can easily deal with fairy pokèmons like Comfey and Florges. Lum berry and Mold breaker should be used because they helps a lot to deal with status likes of random scald burns or toxic and against Quagsire ignoring Unaware. Another option could be Toxicroak , this mon, as well as Pangoro, is very good against slow teams, the difference between them is that Toxicroak can deal better with threats the likes of the spider Araquanid and Feraligatr .

After these optional changes, i'm agreed with Ice tray's Mantine suggestion, it really helps your team against Salazzle and others special attackers like Swellow, i'd make Flygon Scarf over leftovers with Iron tail over Dragon dance, Scarf allows Flygon to outspeed the most part of the meta without a turn of set up and can revenge kill very easily, that's the main reason i've opted for scarf Gon. At last, i'd use HP grass over HP ice on Salazzle, this help to have a better match up against Quagsire and Rhyperior.

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Or

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Hope i've helped! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)