Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
assigned to Snou

Username: Havens
PO/PS! Username: Havens n_n
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm typically best available in the afternoons, but I can be flexible~
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons since 2012, but only discovered the forums and started contributing in 2017. While I mainly play Monotype and have participated recently in MPL, I've also played Ubers, Doubles, and NU, and enjoy playing them in my spare time. Over the past 6 months or so, I've participated in a couple of NU suspect tests including the Sneasel and Venusaur suspect, so I at least have an idea of what NU is about. However, I'm not the most familiar with playing the tier as of late with the new drops, and figured that this would be a good time to learn more about the meta and its community.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord peeps.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
assigned to Skelos

Username: TruSwagblu
PO/PS! Username: truswagblu2
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays after 1 PM when college starts (early september)/ weekends are totally free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been an LC main since 2014, I've never done anything major with tours or anything but I can play it competently. I used to play BW OU way back but I was probably 11/12 years old and didn't understand it very well, besides that I don't really have much experience with playing level 100 tiers. After a couple attempts at trying to self learn in RU/UU etc only to not like how they play and such, I've realized I'd really like to learn NU because it seems very cute- except I'd like actual guidance this time.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord yo
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Count Riario

Username: LaxAttax
PO/PS! Username: laxattaxx
Your Timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Am mostly available from 4PM GMT onwards on weekdays and all day weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played a lot of ORAS NU, LC and OU but took a year and a half break at around early SUMO. Now I'm looking to get back into competitive mons at a high level and want to become familiar with the tier once more. I've been finding it hard to get used to the new metas and the mons they possess and so I believe participating within the Battling 101 programme will help me get to know the game on a whole new level, thus developing me as a competitive player and for the first time not just lurking unregistered in the Forums but getting to know the community properly.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, preferably Discord but I have a Skype account I can access.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Earth
Username: philisteen
PO/PS! Username: philisteen
Timezone: GMT+3
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon (min. 3 sentences): would like to pick up nu. I've been playing ou for a couple months. Fast learner.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: very active on discord.
I understand how the blacklist works.

Requesting Earth

assigned to Skelos
Username: Melancholy Hills
PO/PS! Username: melancholy hills
Your timezone: gmt -3
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-12pm on my gmt
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played mon for like 3-4 years, don't main any tier, wanting to improve on NU but don't know how
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep

Username: GustavoR
PO/PS! Username: gr1997
Your timezone: UTC-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly mornings on my timezone, although it will change in a couple of weeks because my summer vacations are about to end.
Tell us a little bit about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I started with competitive Pokémon a bit more than a year ago. I want to learn more about it because it has always caught my attention. So far the tier I like the most is NU, but I wanna take the next step towards improving in it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Discord.

assigned to Eternally

Username: Rajgamers
PO/PS! Username: Silvermist1195
Your timezone: GMT +0
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time after 5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I have had tournament experience, but I have never gotten far. I do a lot of pokemon showdown matches so i am well versed in the tiers
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Discord: Silvermist1195#1422
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: MysticalHaze
PO/PS! Username: MysticalHaze
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability:
Any time in the early morning (~7 am) or later in the day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a decent player that does ok sometimes in tours. Im well versed in a few lower tiers mainly uu, but haven't picked up nu and i would like to pick it up seeing its an interesting tier and want to improve in it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord

assigned to Rabia

Username: Louna
PO/PS! Username: Louna
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability:
whenever before 4pm and after 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): has been playing since a long while now, was playing a lot nu back in oras but i'm struggling with sm would really like some help especially with teambuilding as i find this part reaaaally fun since vanilluxe's departure but i'm pretty bad at it :(
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord

assigned to banks

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
Username: Gorfield
PO/PS! Username: Dollarinthewoods
Your timezone:EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 6-10 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve always like nu, as I am a low tier player. In all my nu tournies however I seem to fall short, but I have had some big wins, and every held my own against some amazing opponents. I just want something that will push me over the edge to become a good nu player.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

assigned to rozes

Username: Massivedestruction
PO/PS! Username: Massivedestruction
Your timezone: gmt -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 4-10PM(Monday to Friday) / 2PM-10PM(Saturday-Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive for 5 years, but I feel like I do not know enough about the NU for that reason. I want to learn how to play it. I have experience playing USUM OU / ORAS OU / BW OU

Username: Dolphin81
PO/PS! Username: Dolphin81
Your timezone: GMT +10
Usual Hours of Availability: Available 6am-4pm Sunday through Thursday. Available sporadically Friday and Saturday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played a reasonable amount of pokemon but never taken it serious. I have mainly played for fun, but I am wanting to take my game to the next level and potentially take steps towards highly competitive pokemon.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes,

Last edited:

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to poh

Username: PTF
PO/PS! Username: PTF
Your timezone: AEST - Sydney time. GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays from 5 pm. Weekends any time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a PU main who has played in OU and UU. I want to become proficient in a tier other than PU properly and would love to be guided alone the way.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord.

assigned to poh

Username: Sickist
PO/PS! Username: Sickist
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: (in my time) usually from like 7pm to 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Comp right at the end of BW2, dropped it until the very end of ORAS, and have played since SM till this point. I have been pretty good in the tiers I know, being Ubers, OU, and UU. I'm also somewhat familiar in DPP UU. The reason I'm here is because I want to add more to my plate of experience. I'm trying to jump start a touring career, as well as wanting to know every tier because I can. I feel NU would be the next step, as I'm kinda teaching myself RU, and NU seems like a really fun and cool tier n.n
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: skype, and discord if I can fix my pc.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yessir

side note: poh has agreed to tutor me if thats okay

Reactions: poh
Username: Massivedestruction
PO/PS! Username: Massivedestruction
Your timezone: gmt -5 (because it is gmt + 9- + 10 there is no problem since we would only be 2-3 hours apart)
Usual Hours of Availability: 4-10PM(Monday to Friday) / 2PM-10PM(Saturday-Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive for 5 years, but I feel like I do not know enough about the NU for that reason. I want to learn how to play it. I have experience playing USUM OU / ORAS OU / BW OU/ADV OU
edit:I played a teamtour(OHT-origin hispanic tour) and I was very good at the truth, now I'm playing a OPL(origin premier league)

Username: winterspring
PO/PS! Username: wiinterspring
Your timezone: gmt+10
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm always available except for between 8pm-12pm my time on Monday,wednesday,thursday and Sundays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been wanting to get into tournaments for a couple of years but never really knew the best place to start. I have only really played on the ladder in the past, usually around 1700 ish was where I peaked, but my biggest issue has always been team building.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Eternally

Username: xSkyknightx
Ps username: SkyknightRMT
Timezone: EST
Usual hours of availability: currently fluctuates between mornings and evenings(changes weekly), all afternoon and evening on Sundays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive mons(min 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in the middle of ORAS, before that I was just a casual fan. My main tier was OU in these past gens, but I am wanting to expand into lower tiers and improve my gameplay overall. I typically get to mid ladder regardless of the tier, and I tend to misplay late game when I could have easily won, as well as General misplays that I only notice after the game.

assigned to Sjneider

Username: GotCookies
Ps username: GotCookies
Timezone: EST
Usual hours of availability: Played NU a couple times but I am not really that great at it. Been playing mons for a few years and doing okay not the best would like to get better at tiers that constantly change like NU. I played NU in PSPL and did well but that's cause vileplume broken. Would like to learn an overall interesting tier if possible.
Discord

assigned to Sjneider

NEWAL

THE MAIN MAN
Username: Newal
Ps username: Newal
Timezone: GMT +2
Usual hours of availability: Wont be a problem, used to be enough hours
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive mons(min 3 sentences): Started in ORAS era but have won POCL and PLs from some countries also played POWC etc. I want to improve in this tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

assigned to banks

Assigned to: Yoshi

Username: pirateyoshi
Ps username: pirateyoshi
Timezone: GMT -4 (US East)
Usual hours of availability: I work at home so I am pretty available. More than happy to work around people's schedules!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive mons(min 3 sentences): I played a bit of OU in late gen 4 and gen 5 but weather wars were boring. I currently just play randbats since the gen is almost over but I sit around all day at work watching content so I am pretty up to date with terminology and all that. Would love to take a metagame seriously so I can actually practice relevant techniques for gen 8!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)