Apprentice Program: Round Twenty One

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Assigned to Iggybot

Shoddy Battle nick: tennisace0227
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9pm, sometimes less
Experience level: I've played a little, losing most. I guess I'm a beginner.
A little about myself: I've played every generation of pokemon, but i really got into DP. My teams don't seem like they have many weaknesses at first, but then i get 6-0'ed by (insert common threat that I should have a counter for). I also tend to make the same type of team every single time.

Assigned to Tochukaso

Shoddy Battle nick: Bresslerkid
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
4-5:30 weekdays(pacific time), weekends may vary.
Experience level*:A little about myself: Been playing on shoddy for a few monthes now, and i've developed somewhat decent prediction skills. I'm bad at building teams, and would like to learn many things about building teams for OU and UU. i like using uncommon pokes. I hope that with help i will be able to become a competant battler, and team builder. As for myself, I love playing super smash bros and tennis, and I don't like homework (but then, who does).

Assigned to leech lyfe

Shoddy Battle Nickname: marthick
Time: Eastern (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours: 4-5 P.M. on weekdays, 7-10 P.M. on Fridays, 9-11 A.M. on both Saturdays and Sundays, and 2:30 P.M. to 6 P.M. on Sundays. (All Eastern Standard Time)
Experience level: I've dabbled a bit in the Wifi tower and against some competitive battlers at school, mostly with UU Pokemon. I have next to no experience with the Standard environment. I would like help with building teams and prediction mainly.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: TheBlackFeather
Age: I'd rather not say. Younger than 16, but not a frickin 10 year old.
Time zone: UTC-8 (That's what Wikipedia says)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends, some nights on weekdays, less so on weekdays. I may have to leave at unexpected times.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've played Pokemon since Yellow, but never took it seriously until the peak of Advance, when I found out about Netbattle. That was about 2006. Then from there, I discovered Smogon, and lurked until I summed up the courage to join. I have little in-game skill, as I have not the patience, or time, to breed and train. So I'm restricted to Shoddy and Netbattle.

Assigned to PR3DAT

Shoddy Battle Nick: Xai0
Time Zone: UTC+12
Regular Online Hours: For Me, basically all day weekends, but about 5:00-6:00 week days.
Experiance Level: I don't know. I always seem to think I'm doing stuff right, but I'll usually loose regardless. Everything just seems good on paper to me, and I never make the right moves.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: None, but I can create one D:
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually 4pm - 8pm
Experience level: Pretty low.
A little about myself: I really want to learn to battle better, because Pokemon has been a part of my life since I was like 6 years old. I want to play my favorite game to the best of its ability to be played.

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle Nick: TheArrow2
Time Zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern, of course): 4PM-9PM Weekdays, on and off all night. . . Random hours weekends, sometimes not at all.
Experience Level: Novice, just started in September.
A little about myself: I'm relatively new to the competitive Pokemon community, just joined in September. I like to think I've gotten a lot better since then, but I'm still pretty terrible. The only experience I have is from the Shoddy Ladder, and only in OU. My prediction is pretty decent, but I need serious help with my team building skills and basic battling know how (e.g. I can predict what move the enemy will use, but not always what the best swicthin is). Anyway, I'm looking for a tutor to increase how good I am at the game, and look forward to getting one.

Assigned to marrilpet

Shoddy Battle nick: CalvinJames
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6 PM- 12 PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: I first started out in Advanced, but my teams were very standard and I lost a lot so I lost interest. I have become interested again with Pokemon in DP. My prediction skills are alright. My team building skills need some serious work though. Often times I don't think my moves through which can lead me into trouble.

Shoddy Battle nick: Kharozz
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:45-11:15am 11:00pm-12:00am Mon-Fri
Experience level*:A little about myself: I guess I have about a average knowledge of playing. I have beaten a fair number on NetBattle and Shoddy. Prediction skills are not so great and team building isn't good. I usually take parts of teams and put them together myself.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All tutors have been assigned. Sorry Kharozz; try again next round. To everyone else, good luck!

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If at any point during the round you are having difficulty meeting your partner, please contact me or Max and we will do our best to work out something that will suit everyone involved.... additionally, be on the lookout for the survey I will be sending out to all apprentices to evaluate the tutors. Keep track of how many times you all meet, etc. etc!

Have a great round everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)