Apprentice Program: Round Twelve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Eleven of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on December 3rd. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Aeroblacktyl, Anomalous, Basics, Bugsy23, cloud, Giga Punch, Groudon80, husk1442, Jackal, Jumpman16, Justin8649, Kongler, latinoheat, Nate, Roy, Sir Chris, skarm, Steelicks, ToP, Veteran In Love, Warthog, Yosuke, zfs

CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I'VE EDITED IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick:
Stan64
Time zone: +01 GMT/UTC (Central European Time, CET)

Regular Online Hours (in EDT): It really dependes but I'm often on 8 pm through 10 pm atleast.

Experience level: I have caught 201 Pokémons in Sapphire and got the Link machine working in Leaf Green. I also got 151 Pokémons in Blue an played through Crystal. But I have never tried to battle for real. Always ran around with one Pokémon at 100 and didn't use my team to battle.

A little about myself: I have always urged to learn Pokémon battling more intense than in-game playing. As of know I want to learn as much as possible as fast as possible. I want a tutor with time on his hands if that can be arranged. ^^

Generation(s) I want to learn: Third, as of know. It would be fun to learn how strategies worked in the pre-versions aswell.

Assigned to zfs

Netbattle nick: rekt
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4pm-7pm on weekdays
Experience level*: never played the meta i wanna learn
A little about myself: hi
Generation(s) I want to learn: rby uu if thats possible

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: anything with Toy / t0y in it
Time zone: GMT-4
Regular Online Hours: i am on alot until very late
Experience level: im good at OU predicting i used to be good at UU =/
A little about myself: i have a job and i skate alot but when im home im on NB
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY / GSC
also, i was in 9 but me and steelicks had schedual conflic, and nothing against him but requesting another tutor, what he did teach me was great

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick: zerowing
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): all day really, I come and go based on my classes
Experience level*: none in GSC, lots in the rest
A little about myself: Finally taking the jump into GSC, I'm gonna need it for the tour, my RBY and ADV are fine, but I haven't played GSC in ages, and if I want to tutor someday I'll need it
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: BrianX
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): i have a weird schedule because of classes, work, and everything else but M W i got 9AM - 2 PM and after 9PM, TuTh i got 12:30PM - 3:00PM and on Th after 5:00PM, F after 3:00PM, weekends are whenever, but i get up at about 1PM. next week is thanksgiving break so i'm basically available at any time
Experience level*: um, i played the games, but i've only done a little bit of competitive online battling
A little about myself: not much to say, typical college student
Generation(s) I want to learn: advance, mainly standard, but possibly UU as well

Assigned to Basics

Netbattle nick: Zephyr Delta

Time zone: East Coast USA (EST)

Regular Online Hours: 3-5 p.m. EST. Occaisonally on at night, from around 7-9 p.m. My hours are somewhat flexible.

Experience level: About 3 weeks on Netbattle. I've already read up on Pokemon game mechanics, so those don't need to be explained. It's taking that knowledge of game mechanics and applying it to an actual battle that I'm having trouble with.

A little about myself: I've been reading up on battling strategies for years, but only now am I actually battling. The past week, I've been focusing on UU, and it's been fun (because I'm not losing every battle). This tutoring should allow me to enjoy Advanced OU too.

Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S/E OU.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle Nickname: Comet
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I have a crazy schedule, but I'm usually available from around 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. EST (I have no idea what EDT is) on weekdays, and my weekend hours vary. However, if I am assigned a tutor, I do have AIM, so I could hopefully be able to work out some weekend hours with them.
Experience level*: I've played the games and have experience in Netbattle with Advanced OU (don't count me out yet...).
A little about myself: Ummm...well, I'm a junior in high school, I have relatively good grades, I play rugby and the trumpet, and I have a very negative view of humans in general (although I am grateful this tutoring system got set up).
Generations I Want To Learn: I already have a solid grasp of Advanced OU, so what I really want to learn is Advanced UU.

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle Nick: jagteq
Time Zone: Eastern (I can never remember if we're in Daylight or Standard now that we've passed the Jump Forward day)
Regular Online Hours: Pretty much 5pm to sometime around 3am most days.
Experience Level: Never battled much competitively, started Netbattle this month, but I've played since Blue/Red came out and I thought Parasect was the bomb (apparently a level 23 Parasect was enough against the Elite 4)
A Little About Me: I've been a competitive gamer for nearly 7 years now, playing Magic the Gathering, so I've got a good handle on strategic gaming. Hoping to increase my handle on prediction tactics, which seems to be the weakest part of my game.
Generations I want to Learn: Advance, pretty much all forms (mainly concerned with Netbattle tournament formats and JAA formats)

Yep, this is my first post here, just now getting into the competitive battling arena.

-JM

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick:Slim Jim
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM weekdays. Can be on whenever on the weekends.
Experience level*: Mediocre.
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, ADV UU.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: Rats
Time zone: EST,
Regular Online Hours: 5pm to 12am, although I like 8 to 11 best
Experience level: I've played for a bit in OU but haven't played for the last 8 or so months. IIRC, I don't have too much of a problem prediction wise, I just can't build a balanced team for the life of me.
A little about myself: I'm in uni for engneering and play around with animation graphics and software when I have the time. Umm... can I edit in stuff later? I also tend to insist on using a UU or BL on my teams which tended to piss off one or two people I had look at them in the past.
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU advance, and maybe some RBY UU

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: psyk / psykotik
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9:30pm to 11:30pm weekdays(mon - thurs) 7:00pm + on fridays, 3pm + on weekends. my aim is ShArKsWiTLaZuRS if u need to contact me.
Experience level*: im new to competitive playing, but i know about the game.
A little about myself: i really enjoy playing games, and i love to excel in them (i wuz pretty good at WoW, MTG) Right now im playing SSBM alot, cant wait for the wii!!!
Generation(s) I want to learn: adv UU mainly, adv OU kinda, not really tho

thx guys for ur help

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick: Raichuchan
Online hours: Mountain time, 3-10 pm.
Experience Level: I kinda stink at everything... but I am willing to learn.
About myself: Like almost alot of people, I like to play video games. Espically fighting ones like Pokemon and SSB. But I also don't mind racing etc.

Generation: Advanced.

Thank you for reading.

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle Nick : Noir0083
Time Zone: (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time
Regular online time: Weekdays=3p.m.-9p.m. weekends=all day.
Experience level: Ive played the gameboy adv. versoins but never really actually trained a whole EV team.
A little about myself: I have always loved pokemon lol. I play a lot of other games too. Tactics are some of my favortes. Im a very patient person with a will to learn and absorb information.
Generations I want to learn: The advanced, and advanced UU.

Thanks for your help.

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle Nick:LSlickBDC2
Time Zone: (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time
Regular Online Time:Weekdays(Monday-Friday=6pm-9pm) Weekend(7:00am-2pm)
Experience Level:I played all of the pokemon games and i have netbattled for a long time now
Little about Myself:I like anime
Generation I want to Learn:Advanced OU and UU

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: 'Scude

Time zone: GMT +1

Regular Online Hours: I'm not good at converting timezones, but assuming that EDT is GMT -5, my regular online hours would be from 8:30 AM till about 4:30 PM.

Experience level: Average. Ingame, I have a 18-0 streak for link battles, but you know... that's not hard with the people I play with. =/ On NetBattle, I win more than I lose, but I haven't really played for that long - and I don't know anything about team building and the likes.

A little about myself: I'm a 15 year old boy from Norway, and I love programming, web designing and generally doing stuff on the PC. I really want to improve my NetBattle skills, which is why I'm here. I hope it's not too late :)

Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd gen OU. Perhaps UU too, if I get the hang of OU.

~Scude :)

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Fate/(TO)Fate
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8:30pm-10:00pm EST
Experience level*: Average
A little about myself: I have been playing pokemon games for a while now, but want to enhance my skills netbattling. =P
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced

My last tutor sorta died off...didn't even get one lesson : (

I only have RBY tutors

Netbattle Nick: Fufu3000/MeleeMaster

Time Zone: EST(GMT-5 I believe)

Regular Onlinie Hours:(In EST) Weekends: All day, weekdays, 5 PM-10PM

Experience Level*: I'm good at OU, pretty much a noob at Ubers, and I don't know anything about any other generation.

A little about myself: I like shiny pokemon...I like battling...hm...oh, and Latias is my favorite pokemon. I play basketball, too, so yeah...

Generations I want to learn: Primarily UU(I couldn't meet with Jackal because NB was down for me, it's working now) and a little bit about RS Ubers.

I only have RBY tutors

Netbattle Nick: Chickeneater III / [TC]Chickeneater III

Time Zone: EST

Regular Online Hours: 4:00-7:00

Experience level: I've consistently netbattled for around a month already. I'm very good at OU, a little worse at UU, but I don't know much about the rest.

A little about myself: I'm a student, so I am a natural learner. I grasp concepts extremely easily, and I am not afraid to try out new things.

Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE, FR/LG, I want to know more about competitive team building and battling theory to be specific.

Assigned to Anomalous

netbattle nick: blue
time zone: i dont know, but my state's new jersey.
online hours: 5:00 to 10:00 i guess, but im not here all of the time.
experience: I've been playing for awhile, but im not very good.
a bit about myself: I ask lots of questions, but dont take that as being rude-- i just want to learn. I compare pokemon battling to chess because of the strategy and prediction element. Blastoise is my fave poke, no ?'s asked!
generations: full advance. I'd do rby but mewtwo's banned>:D

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok guys, I'm very sorry but I'm out of tutors. Many people are very busy this time of year and cannot take on apprentices. Thank you for you interest and I'll see you all again on December 3rd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)