Apprentice Program: Round One Hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 100 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on Sept 23.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Username: Ryfi110

PO/PS! Username: Aegislashed (Alt = Ryfi)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time. School starts late this year (September 8th), therefore my availability is frequent until then. Upon starting, 5-10 PM EST each day should work.

What tier do you want to learn?: Overused, ORAS

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a Sophomore in high school and one of my biggest hobbies include Community Service. It's a certain satisfaction that is unobtainable from other pastimes. I recently returned from Ecuador, on a service tour, so this comes at a great time. Pokemon has been a favorite of mine since I first picked up Pokemon Sapphire. Since, I have joined pokemonshowdown. I would love to learn how to be one of those players that burns 100% of the time with scald.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I prefer Skype, but IRC is usable.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username: EdwardElric15
PO/PS Username: VentusAwakening
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, I'm usually available all days
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU (also if there are a tutor who can give me at the same time dpp tips it would be cool)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 years in high school. I like watching anime/film/series and playing video games
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: Vengeance417
PO/PS! Username: Vengeance417
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Mon-Thurs 2pm-9pm, weekends unclear due to random hours given to me by my work schedule.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 22 years old, work as a hotel bellman, been a fan of Pokemon since the 1st generation, got in to competitive singles battling at the start of the 6th generation in 2013 and am looking forward to finally expanding my horizons to VGC.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to both, but I personally prefer Skype, but won't be deterred from using the IRC regardless.

Username: oml it's too ez
PO/PS! Username: oml it's too ez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-8 (mainly on weekends and fridays because high school is kewl)
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I am just a kid in high school who wants to join everything!

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
Username: FalseHopes

PO/PS! Username: Fh27

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8. I’m available pretty much anytime

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Over recent times I’ve really been making a concerted effort to better my ability. I want to go from a ladder tryhard (I’ve only peaked #4) to becoming a more well rounded player. Hopefully after tutoring I will garner the skills to achieve/succeed in the tournament environment, because I desire to make that transition. I feel like tutoring would be the perfect thing to help me achieve this. I guess learning how to ladder would be nice too seeming that OLT is running right now, and making it into that would be good

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, although if someone wants to teach me how to use IRC I’d be fine to use that too.

Username: Wheezer
PO/PS! Username: Wheezer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5 / 12:30-5ish and 8pm-12pm ish.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: im 16 and all i do is school, mons, eat, sleep.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype preferably, probably could do irc.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Username: LetMeShine-
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 lot of time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Play since 2010, lowtiers player who want to improve himself in OU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
Leftiez agree to be my tutor for this round.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Always!

PO/PS! Username: Always

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime after 3-4 PM

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a young Canadian who wishes to expand their knowledge of OU across the gens; I’m into video games, playing soccer and hockey, and am generally a pretty laid-back guy.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: Mattherus

PS! Username: Mattherus

Time Zone / Availability: EST / Mornings and Nights

Tier: ORAS RU, or ORAS UU

A Little About Myself: I have been playing Pokemon competitively for a while and I host the Youtube channel Diggletdreams.

Blacklist: Yes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Welli0u

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Username: Welli0u
PO/PS! Username: Welliou
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +2. The weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing interesting.

Username: TheKillerDragon9999
PO/PS! Username: TheKillerDragon9999/TKD9999
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4/5. Weekdays 5-6pm and 8:30-9:30pm, weekends 3-6pm and an hour or two past 8:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the basics of ORAS Ubers
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, preferably Skype

Last edited:
Username: Draygoon
PO/PS! Username: Draygoon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, from 6 PM Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, the afternoon/evening on Wednesday and the whole day during weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 and currently in high school. I like listening to music, watching film and series and I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. I really want to learn RU as it seems a fun tier and improve both in battling and I hope that Battling 101 will help me with that :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both works for me

Username: Frat Dude
PO/PS! Username: Frat Dude
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm available most afternoons from 5-8pm Monday-Thursday. I'm also available Saturday nights and all day Sunday for the most part. Varies due to lacrosse practice

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ou, Ou Doubles

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 turning 18 in November woah woah! I play lacrosse and enjoy hanging with my friends n girlfriend mainly. Also I like playing frisbee, hiking, surfing and snowboarding just to name a few. I'm mainly and outdoorsy guy but Pokemon is my secret sin. Oh I've also been told I'm scary laid back like nothing every gets me upset. Also really wants get into competitive mons. That's pretty much my life story.

Last edited:
Username: Tatsumaa
PO/PS! Username: Tatsuma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3,usually during week I'm free 9pm,saturday I have a small time free during the morning and I have time 9pm too,sunday all day free
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have 20 years,work and study during the all the week,I've been playing pokemon since 2001 but only started competitive in 2012,I like video games,animes and my favorite food is pizza. :]

Username: cataman18

PO/PS! Username: cataman18

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: U.S. Central, depending on work schedule weekdays after 4 is typical to be open

What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS VGC

Tell us a little about yourself: 16 years of age, Been playing Pokemon for 11 years, and really want to get into a VGC competition in some capacity

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:

Skype preferribly

Username: Kappa Squared
PO/PS! Username: Kappa Squared
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (GMT-4). When school starts next week, I'll be free all Wednesdays (after 5), some Fridays (after 5), all Sundays, and most Saturdays. For the next week though I'll be free weekday morning - early afternoon and the entire weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU preferably, or BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I consider myself a math and computer geek, but I'm not too good at either tbh. I play mallet percussion in marching band too c: I'm age 15 entering 10th grade. My favorite hobby is cubing. :D

Last edited:
Username: theurbandear
PO/PS! Username: theurbandear
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (-4) – Available all the time unless in class
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a senior in college studying chemistry. I am a ORAS OU player, but I would like to learn old gens as well – specifically DPP, because everyone talks about how great it is.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, either.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: TheWildStaraptor
PO/PS! Username: TheWildStaraptor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central Time, or GMT - 5. I'm most available in the late morning and early-to-mid afternoon or the evening. I could reasonably be paired with a European tutor, meeting at 10:00-3:00 my time, or one from anywhere in the US.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a casual player for a while now, but recently, I've developed an interest in Battle Spot Doubles. The tier is fast-paced and lots of fun, and while VGC 2016's rules aren't out yet, I'm practicing the 2015 format, which hopefully will be somewhat similar. I enjoy playing Minecraft and moderating online communities.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep!

Username: GuruGamma
PO/PS! Username: Guru Gamma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I'm available Mon-Thurs after 6 PM and all day Fri-Sun
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a veteran bug maniac and nuzlocker looking to expand my horizons into competitive gameplay!

Username: GreasyXSpoon
PO/PS! Username: GXS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm GMT +10 and generally 4pm- 12am.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey I'm just a bloke who wants to learn more about RU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I have Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do.

Username: QueenGuinevere

PO/PS! Username: Queen Guinevere

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 12am-11pm

What Tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU

Tell us a little about yourself: I love video games, my favorite a tie between Pokemon and the Elder Scroll Series. I’m not very good at team building or battling, so I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, either.

1. Username: SilverWhiteBlue

2. PO/PS! Username: SilverWhiteBlue

3. Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+2 , from 8 am to 12 am, from 2-4 pm to 10 pm . Very flexible so I can stretch if needed

4. What tier do you want to learn?: NU

5. Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 years old and goin into summer. hobbies include football(soccer) and playing the guitar. Real big anime fan (favorite is naruto shippuden) and same with videogames. I love pokemon and already have decent experience so I wont be startin from 0, but I definitly could use improvement.

iplaytennislol has agreed to tutor me this round in NU :D

Username: PatientPat

PO/PS! Username: PatientPat

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time. 6 to 9 Pm, Monday through Friday. Weekends vary. I finish different hours on different days at my job, I will do my best to communicate with my tutor if I am fortunate enough to receive one.

Tell us a little about yourself: I work 45 to 50 hours a week, so I am very busy, but I am still able to find a few hours of free time in the afternoon. I have been playing Pokemon since 98, I own every Pokemon game and I am very knowledgeable. However I lack experience when it comes to battling and team building. I am very patient and easy to work with. I hope I am lucky enough to find someone who is willing to work with me and I promise I will do my best.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both are fine. I prefer Skype.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I understand.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: littlelucario
PO/PS! Username: littlelucario
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Pretty much all thte time unless im in school, which is 8:00 am -3:00 pmp
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 15 years old, i go to school at an academy and have hard acedemics.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to both, but I personally prefer Skype, and will avoid using irc unless i have to.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Username: The Idiot Ninja
PO/PS! Username: The Idiot Ninja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 from 1 PM to 3 AM, every day until school starts (about two weeks from now), after that probably from 3 PM to 11 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Italian 16yrs old into competitive pokémon since he was 10, but only really been trying for about one year. I want to get better at the game because I get satisfaction from winning over other people in any sort of competition.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Username: RedMaxxx

PO/PS! Username: RedMaxx

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 and i'm free most times

What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am 15, and I joined ps last summer.
I like football and animes.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype but i can use IRC too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)