Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 96 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

KhosroTheGreat: 93-3
ElementofSmash: 93-3
f(x): 96-2
Christo The Gr8: 96-2
Snobalt: 96-2
gantz: 96-2
Coronis: 96-2
JuniBoy: 96-3

Raseri: Oras NU
Laga: DOUBLES
Reymedy: BW OU/ ORAS OU
Molk: ORAS RU
Jio: VGC 2015
King UU: ORAS UU
Valentine: ORAS OU
Bluwing: Oras OU
Steve Angello: ORAS Uber
Krauersaut: ORAS UBER
Galbia: ORAS RU
FAJI: ORAS RU
Leftiez: DPP OU / BW OU / ORAS OU
Sweep: ORAS UBER
The Ender: ORAS OU
Expulso: ORAS RU
RiCH HOMiE CHRiS: ORAS OU / BW OU
The Goomy: ORAS NU
Kiyo: ORAS NU
Serapis: VGC 15
Tricking: ORAS OU / DPP OU
Ajna: ORAS RU
-Gizmo-: ORAS OU
DennisEG: ORAS OU
Darkerones: ORAS UU
Christo The Gr8: ORAS UU
JohnYiu: ORAS OU
Tokyo Tom: BW OU / ORAS OU
Rumor: ORAS OU
Alkov: ORAS OU
Can-Eh-Dian: ORAS NU
Cherub Agent: ORAS NU / ORAS RU
aim: ORAS OU / ORAS UBER / ORAS NU
ABR: ORAS OU
Genesis7: ORAS OU
Steelphoenix: ORAS UBER
BKC: DPP OU / BW OU / ADV OU
fatty: ORAS UU / ORAS LC / DPP OU
Yagura: ORAS LC
Hellpowna: ORAS OU / DPP OU / BW OU
dEnIsSsS: ORAS OU / BW OU
The DragonKnight: ORAS OU
Clone: ORAS OU
Toxzn: ORAS OU / BW OU
Cased: ORAS NU
Hollywood: ORAS OU / ORAS NU / BW OU
OP: ORAS LC / ORAS NU / BW OU

This round will end on May 25.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Username: les gets
PO/PS! Username: cost
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: all days, 5pm-3am (flexible)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 21-year-old college student majoring in mechanical engineering. I love soccer, skimboarding, playing piano, pokemon, and really anything science or philosophy related

Celestial

Turn Heavenward
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: Jolteonite
PO/PS! Username:
Jolteonite
EST I’m usually available 1 P.M-3 P.M and 1 A.M-4 A.M Sun-Thurs, on Fri-Sat: 3:00 A.M-5:00 A.M
ORAS OU
I’m a pretty nice guy, in general I just try to be respectful of others and like to joke around and have fun
I can use skype. I’ve also just started looking into IRC, but it seems relatively simple to use, so that shouldn’t be an issue either.
Yes

Username: ThinkNice
PO/PS! Username: ThinkNice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, usually am available from noon till around midnight (yey for school break), so around 2-7PM EST.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 21 years old and a psychology student in my first year. I like reading, playing guitar and got into fitness (not ‘cross-fit’) as well. I like playing Pokémon competitively and have recently got back into playing it by playing the ORAS suspect ladder (on alt). I wish to make great connections on Smogon and participate in the Smogon Tours and eventually the SPL.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes…. and yes
Yeah

username: mistercumberbund

po/ps! username: mistercumberbund

timezone and hours of availability: eastern standard, usually available weekends, tuesday after 4 pm, and friday after 4 pm

tier: oras ou or oras uu

About me: I’m a sixteen year old high school student that wishes to major in music later in life. I got into competitive pokemon a bit after X/Y came out

IRC or Skype:skype only

understand blacklist: yup

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Scald
PO/PS! Username: Scalding
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) 4:00 pm-11:00 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old who can't teambuild to save his life. I'm also a big fan of Naruto.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, Skype is preferred.
Yes.

Username: Meganium28
PO/PS! Username: Bryan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, Monday Wednesday Friday 12-4 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU and ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Recently started getting into competitive battling so still learning the ropes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Username: AllAttack PO/PS! Username: AllAttack. Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, on weekdays usually 5pm-7pm my time and on weekends, pretty much all the time. What tier do you want to learn: VGC 2015 Tell us a little about yourself: I've been on PS! for just over a year, I hang out in Competitive Tutoring and I'm a voice there. I play Smogon Doubles/UU/OU and I'm quite proficient at those, and I want to learn VGC. I live in the UK. Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I use Skype, yes Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes Also, Serapis agreed to tutor me this round in VGC http://prntscr.com/6rk1jd

Last edited:
Username:
JJGhost

PO/PS! Username:
LAWlrein

TZ: (CET/CEST)
Weekdays: 6:30 PM - 12:00 PM
Weekend: 0:00 AM - 12:00 PM

VGC '15

I've played VGC for the past two years (VGC '13 and VGC '14). I have attended Premier Challenges and Top Cut, placing 3rd and 5th (undefeated in swiss). But recently I've been losing all the time and I feel like I can't improve on my own, seeing how I don't have any IRL friends who play this tier, I thought an apprentice ship would fit my needs.

I know how to use both of them.

I do understand and accept the terms of regulations.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Username: SparksBlade
PO/PS! Username: SparksBlade
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +5.30, evenings on weekdays, whole sunday, i stay up late :]
Tell us a little about yourself: im a first year student doing b.tech, started playing, started playing competitively about an year ago
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both, but no skype calls :/
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
Leftiez agreed to tutor me this round

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Username:Mur
PO/PS! Username:Lord Mur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 4pm-10pm weekdays all day and night weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU/ DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing since the beginning of xy and grew a burning passion to enter the tour scene after watching st18 finals. I do track and I'm easy to get along with so Il be fun to teach!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

BKC has agreed to tutor me earlier this week

Requesting priority because I was skipped last round.

Username
: firehusky
PO/PS! Username: firehusky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5, 10:00 to 11:30 in the night throughout the week besides Friday, 5:00 PM on Mondays
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Quilava and I want to improve my teambuilding and battling skills!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (No skype calls though because privacy)

Reactions: Mur
DISCLAIMER: I apologize in case the following information isn't provided in accordance with any applicable templates - I wasn't able to find any in the forums for Battling 101. Moreover, due to the speed at which spots are taken, the following was written in advance.

Username: Arielle77
PS! Username: JustArielle
Titles Owned: Pokémon™ Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon™ Y, Pokémon™ Black Version
Preferred Tiers: ORAS UU/Battle Spot Singles
Introduction/Experience: I come from Poland and my age is approximately that of the target audience for Pokémon™. I've recently started learning about the competitive aspects of the aforementioned series - at this point, my knowledge includes concepts such as Effort Values, Individual Values, Natures and, needless to say, type effectiveness. In spite of that, I appear to lack skill in teambuilding.
Time Zone: Central Europe Standard Time (for reference, this post was submitted at 12:00 AM on Sunday, May 3rd)
Usual Hours of Availability:
Usual Hours of Availability on Pokémon Showdown!: Monday and Tuesday - 4:00 PM towards 5:00 PM, Wednesday - 1:30 PM until 4:00 PM, Thursday and Friday - 3:30 PM until 4:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday - 3 hours between 10 AM and 10 PM
Usual Hours of Availability on Skype and/or IRC: Monday and Tuesday - 3:00 PM towards 11:59 PM, Wednesday: 12:20 PM towards 11:59 PM, Thursday and Friday - 2:10 PM until 11:59 PM, Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 AM until 11:59 PM
Blacklist Understood: Yes

Username: skup
PO/PS! Username: skup
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; after 3 pm-ish on the weekdays, and basically all the time on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i like music
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Requesting priority because I was skipped last round
BKC has agreed to tutor me

SKIPPED IN ROUND 95
Username:punkysaur
PO/PS! Username:punkysaur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(GMT+05:30)Chennai,Kolkata,New Delhi,Mumbai.I am available after 6 pm acc.to my timezone.
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a college going cool natured cricket lover!Naturally acc.to most people here, I also like pokemon battling very much and so I want to better my skills.I would really appreciate to be tuted by someone who has a real knack for teambuilding.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yup!

Username: Polonium209
PO/PS! Username: guapo man
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, evenings/nights on weekdays, afternoon and later on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I played OU in 3rd gen and got back into Pokemon at the start of ORAS and it's really fun :] I'd like to get better at it.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: Majaspic22
PO/PS! Username: Majaspic22
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, available a lot the week end, it depends for the other days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 16 and I’m playing pokemon since 2 years. I’ve played BW, but I’m a rly bad teambuilder in this tier, and’d like to improve my skills in this tier. Also I like mathematics and music

Username: GeeMick
PO/PS! Username: GeeMick / once in a while - I play on PS! usually.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Paris. Usually available an hour or two at night during the week, available on tuesday afternoons, on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to learn DPP
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 years old man into competitive mons for about a year living next to Paris. Likes parties, electronic and hip-hop music, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Username: PomMan
PO/PS! Username: PomMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 10, but I barely sleep and am available most of the time other than a few exams that are finishing soon.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm studying business at university and have the whitest of all possible voices.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Aim has agreed to tutor me.

Username:Bouffalant
PO/PS! Username: Bouff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: ok

Cased agreed to tutor me this round : D

Username: Yukkine
PO/PS! Username:
Yukkine Kun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is GMT+1 i am usually available from 16:30-22:00 but on weekends from 15:00-23:00
What tier do you want to learn?:I would like to learn Oras ou as it seems like fun
I’m a 16 year old student who studies music and computer science later in life i aspire to be a musician i play the guitar and piano and im currently learning the violin
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I do prefer to use skype
(as i don't know much about IRC but i can adapt to my tutor) however my mic is broken so hopefully that isnt much of a problem as i'm a fast typer
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do understand how it works and why it is used in the first place

Username: m00ns
PO/PS! Username: m00ns
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; weekdays- 4-9 pm, weekends- pretty much 100% available. both weekends/weekdays vary depending on whether i'm busy or not.
What tier do you want to learn?: (ORAS) LC
Tell us a little about yourself: i have solid knowledge of ou, and pretty solid knowledge of vgc for a new player (thanks to Jio ^.^).
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, preferably skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Username: Sergi
PO/PS! Username: Seeergi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Nights and evenings gmt +1.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i had a tutor some rounds ago but he quit my tutoring early without giving me a reason so I'm here again...
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, I prefer IRC tho

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Arkian
PO/PS! Username: Airkian/Rohail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Anytime this week. Following weeks 3-6 pm my time and anytime weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm a 15 year old student from Canada. I have been playing this game for roughly two years, but have only recently started to take it competitively. I'm a huge fan of ADV and like DPP as well. I would love to learn either of those tiers and play them on a high level. Most of all, I hope to be a successful tournament player, but I constantly find myself choking in tour matches, although I hope that this session will remedy that. I would like to get a tutor who has tournament experience, as that is the skill level I aim for. As for my personal life, I am a huge fan of pop music and sci-fi survival/crime shows like The 100 and The Blacklist. I also am into the sciences and dramatic arts :]

Username: Christo the Gr8
PO/PS! Username: Based Lord Christo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays: 5pm-11pm EST, weekends whenever
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a UU tutor as well.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes(Skype calls imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)