Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: LightningLuxray
PO/PS! Username: LightningLuxray
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, from around 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've taken a pretty large break from competitive battling and want to head back into the ORAS meta. I've made a couple of team but they're all pretty average, so help would be appreciated!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use IRC, though it's not really preferred.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: zKeira
PS/PO: zKeira
Timezone and time of availability: Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00) Illinois, Time zone. I'm usually available all week after 4pm my team. I am currently free until Monday since no school
What tier I want to learn: ORAS Overused
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm new to PS. I have little Pokemon experience but my brother helped me a bit and I played his account and got him to 1430 on my second day then made my account. Its really low ladder since I am having team builders block atm. I'm realllly friendly and I'm usually usually in CT and I love purple! :D
Am I able to Skype or IRC?: Yes to Skype, just not voice chat, I'm a mute so I don't talk. I made an IRC as well. :D
Do you understand how the blacklistworks?: Yes, I read every word of it so I have a chance of finding a tutor.

Last edited:
Username: firehusky
PO/PS! Username: firehusky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Mon - Fri 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sat 8:00 - 9:00 AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I have decent knowledge of ORAS OU but I want to improve and learn a bit more! I really want to improve my teambuilding and battling skills :] My favorite mon is Quilava.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I can use IRC

Zephiros

Banned deucer.
Username: zephiros
PO/PS! Username: Zefir0s
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt+1, I can pretty much play every day in the afternoon/evening time, in the morning i usually study cause University
What tier do you what to learn?: ORAS OU or ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 22 ys Old but loving pokemon since i was 13. I started to play competitive stuff pretty much last year and i REALLY enjoyed bw ( don't hate me lol ). I'd really love to take a spot because i really like every particoular of the 'competitive Pokemon game' and because i want to make my efforts worth of my ambition since my will is really strong and i do not quit very easily.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Either, i prefer skype because i use sometimes iPad and irc is really bad on iOS lol
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username:GMRtheBro
PS:GMR62
Timezone:mountain time, available from 3:30 to 6:00pm on weekdays, and from 12:00pm to 11:00pm on weekends. I can't do 6-9pm on the 11th.
Coloradan student, 15 years old, On PS I battle for fun, I need help in literally everything. OU/Ubers is my jam
IRC/Skype?: IRC just made
Blacklist: Yes

Last edited:

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: f(x)
PO/PS! Username: fx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -7, 4pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ru
Tell us a little about yourself: actually ill write something worthwhile here for once, im a 17 yr old hs student and i occassionally enjoy this game. ive gotten into ru since the bird/drag/serp suspect bc of how diverse it is, i have a pretty good knowing of the tier and stuff so ya. rn im sick af and stuff but generally im p good . i like drawin and playing leagues sometimes woo
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype prefered
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Last edited:
Username: Nickoopa
PO/PS! Username: Nickoop@
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, usually available in the afternoons, from 13:30 to 19:30
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm pretty new to smogon, but play competitive pokemon for a big time, once ORAS came out I wanted to try the new megas, but the match up metagame made me stop playing it. But anyways, wanna get good at ORAS OU :]
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Minus
PO/PS! Username: Minus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, from 6:00 PM after + weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: my joindate is a lie :/
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Username: AsIWroteToThePaper
PS/PO Name: AsIWroteToThePaper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone, available mostly on weekends
What tier do you want to learn: ORAS OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm an American and I live in New York. I really love pokemon and I want to get really good at it and tutoring would really help.
Are you able to use IRC or Skype?: Skype, but not voice chat
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes.

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Username: the poke sweeper
PO/PS! Username: the poke sweeper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-08:00 3pm-10pm week days 12 pm- 12 am weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2015 or Smogon Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: im 16 years old, love pokemon, and an amateur manga artist. Im a decent battler, only notable achievement was my victory in one the tutee tournaments, i forget which one.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
I WAS SKIPPED TWICE

• Username: AidanC97
  • PO/PS! Username: CynthiaC97
  • Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time
  • What tier do you want to learn?: OU
  • Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old student who just wants to learn the basic mechanics of it
  • Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
  • Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep
  • Also if it's possible to have Genesis7 as the tutor

Username: Darkskull
PO/PS! Username: TheSkyAboveUs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I am available everyday. Weekdays at 4:20PM-(Whenever we stop). Saturdays and Sundays 10:00AM-(Whenever we stop)
Tell us a little about yourself: I like listening to music and playing Pokemon. I am 16 years and a sophomore in high school. I joined this program to get better at battling and hopefully be as good as some of my friends who are really high on ladder.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I am unable to use Skype because an error message keeps coming on that won't let me download the software. I can use IRC as long as I don't have to download it. We can also use PS to chat, if that's alright with my tutor.

Can I please get someone with a similar timezone as I? If not it is ok to skip me.

Shortage of OU / VGC / Old gens this round, sorry for everybody that got skipped.

For tutees:
  • Try to make the first effort to contact your tutor. If they don't respond in 3 days, make a tutee talk thread and let the Battling 101 Staff know about it.
  • Please be active and try to be on your best behavior. I think the blacklist speaks for itself.
For tutors:
  • Don't halfass this round. If you need to take a break that's one thing, but don't take a break at the expense of another user.
  • Don't ignore your tutee. The most aggravating thing isn't when a tutor goes AWOL and leaves their tutee hanging, it's when they leave their tutee hanging when CLEARLY they have free time to peruse the forums and circlejerk with friends. Come on, people.
  • If you're still unsure as to what the B101 Staff expects each round, there's a new sticky in the Tutor Talk forum that outlines your responsibilities. Read it.
Raseri - InsaneDragoniteHD - ORAS NU
Reymedy - GeeMick - BW OU
Trinitrotoluene - jpw234 - Kreme - ORAS OU
Stratos - the poke sweeper - ORAS DOUBLES
Christo The Gr8 - noobcaek - ORAS UU
Jio - m00n's blanket - VGC 2015
King UU - Nuggscrubet - ORAS UU
Valentine - Coronis - ORAS OU
macle - Eyan - ORAS LC
Goddess Briyella - Metaphysical - ORAS LC
Bluwing - Shruggy - ORAS OU
Steve Angello - Aurious - ORAS UBER
Krauersaut - Duncajuwon - ORAS UBER
Bouffalant - gantz - ORAS UU
IronBullet93 - rural - DPP OU
galbia - QuoteCS - ORAS RU
FAJI - Karane - ORAS RU
Leftiez - pepe g. - ORAS OU
Sweep - shui3 - ORAS UBER
GiraGoomy - dunce parcel - VGC 2015
Zamrock - theurbandear - ORAS OU
TheEnder - candyflip - ORAS OU
The Goomy - Snobalt - ORAS NU
Kiyo - qsns - ORAS NU
Serapis - silverarow180 - VGC 2015
Tricking - metmaver - DPP OU
Ajna - Scald - ORAS RU
Laurel - Stockings - DPP OU
Jukain - Donnie Leaman - ORAS OU
-gizmo- - quagback2qc - Nedor - ORAS OU
DennisEG - Professor Oak Jr. - ORAS OU
Darkerones - UCN - ORAS UU
JohnYiu - OurLordTyranitar - ORAS OU
Tokyo Tom - LightningLuxray - ORAS OU
Rumor - KonMan - ORAS OU
Alkov - Ivoria - ORAS OU
Cherub Agent - f(x) - ORAS RU
aim - DarkChocolateGamer - ORAS OU
ABR - Maple Syrup - ORAS OU
Genesis7 - TK67 - AidanC97 - ORAS OU
steelphoenix - Joetaku - ORAS UBER
BKC - trc - LighTz911 - DPP OU
fatty - darkrai147 - DPP OU
Mambo - TONE114 - ORAS LC
Laga - Croven - ORAS DOUBLES
Molk - GMRtheBro - ORAS RU
HellPowna - Zephiros - ORAS OU
Haruno - Christo The Gr8 - ORAS DOUBLES

Pairings are subject to change within the next couple of days if people decide to bandwagon apply to become a tutor RIGHT AFTER pairings are posted like usual, but please keep in mind that I'm not lowering the requirements for tutor just because we're a little shorthanded.

Happy tutoring folks. :toast:

Edit : There are available spots for : DOUBLES / RU / LC / UBER / NU / UU.
So please contact me if you are interested and i'll edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)