Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to undisputed

Username
: BlazinKickinChicken
Shoddy Username: BlazeKicked
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Not sure about the timezone, since I live in Europe, but I am usually available between 8 AM - 8 PM east coast time.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I just graduated eighth grade. For fun, I enjoy things such as basketball, baseball, hanging out with friends/girls, playing drums, listening to music, and playing competitive pokes. I occasionally upload wifi battles to Youtube. The reason I signed up for the program was because my teams have usually been good, but I feel I'm missing something that prevent them from reaching their full potential, so I was looking to get some help on that. Thanks.

If possible, I'd like to request Philip7086 as my tutor, but if it can't be arranged, then no big deal.

Assigned to Setsuna.

Username:
TubaKing
Shoddy Username: TubaKing, Tuba King, and a shitload of other alts
Timezone and usual hours of availabilty: Central Standard Time (which I believe is GMT -6), available 5 PM - 1 AM, I suppose, but I have no life during the summer and can pretty easily adjust to whenever. Being a Music student, however, I'll have greater time restrictions starting in mid to late August, which shouldn't be too hard to work around.
Want to learn: OU, particularly advanced team-building. I am also open to learning UU and Ubers if there are any leftover tutors in either of those metagames at the end of this round.
About me: I am an incoming freshman Music student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the Honors program. I love music, tuba, reading, internet, television, and socializing with friends. I have technically been a member of the Smogon community for a year now, but I only really became active as of a few months ago. I've been doing a lot of studying up on the metagame lately by watching good battlers, keeping myself up-to-date on all of the forums and articles, lurking some in #stark, and, of course, doing my own team-building and battling. I'm a decent battler, but where I feel I'm most lacking is my team-building skills.
I would prefer Philip7086, august, or Setsuna., if possible. I won't complain about getting anyone else, though. This is a very great opportunity that is under-appreciated and free of charge. I want to thank everyone involved in the tutoring program for this wonderful service you are doing for the Smogon community!

Assigned to Sage Abdul.

Name: Noey19

Time Zone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 I'm on pretty much all day.

What tier do you want to learn? OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 years old. I graduated from high school this year giving me more time to play pokemon. I've been playing for about 10 months, and I'm sure I've improved, but not to my fullest potential at all. I would like to get tutored to grow much more. I like read play online games. Watch a lot of YouTube vids. About it really don't a whole lot.

Assigned to Iconic

Username:
Ranigad
Shoddy Username: Ranigad
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I currently live in the PDT time zone. I can be on all day, however I rarely am. If, however, I'm accepted into this program I would definitely ramp up my activeness in Shoddy.

What tier do you want to learn?: OU and possibly Ubers.

Also If I could learn some team-building strategies, as well as how to RNG effectively, that would be great. Trying to teach myself RNG right now and it's progressing slowly. I feel like if I had a guide, it would move along faster.

Tell us a little about yourself: Going to be a senior next year. Been playing pokemon since Yellow but I never was introduced to the competitive battling scene until I found smogon (around the beginning of this year). I tend to lurk around and read through some articles since I am unable to contribute anything efficient to the Smogon community with my limited knowledge. I used to play baseball, currently play badminton and am attempting to tryout for the tennis team next year. I play the saxophone and hold a leadership position in the marching band at our school. Math is probably my best subject in school. I also play Maple Story. Favorite pokemon are Raichu, Pidgeot, and Sandslash, in that order =P.

I'm extremely interested in this program, even though I technically don't qualify for the 15 posts over 10 different days requirement. I hope that an exception can be made since many people who are posting are in the same boat. If not, then I'll try to make the requirement for the next round ^^.

Username: Porygon-D
Shoddy Username: Porygon-D
IRC nick: PorygonD (incase taht wasn't glaringly obvious)
Timezone and usual hours of availabilty: GMT, I am always available from about 10pm to about 3AM and normally at various times throughout the day as well.
Want to learn: UU, in its entirety
About me: I am easily one of the best users of the IRC along with Justinawe, he is also awesome.
But seriously I am a more arty person hence why I have the art thread and for my GCSE options I chose, triple award science, art, graphics and I.T. aswell as the compulsory subjects.

Assigned to Sage Abdul

Username: BLUEBERRY BITCH
Shoddy Username: BLUEBERRY BITCH
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 7pm-11pm mainly, can be on all day sometimes.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (priority), UU and Ubers (lesser priority)
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play in DP, but played just mixed tier but when Platinum and HGSS came out I went out of the scene completely, deciding to do something like "getting a life". I'm not one of those people who can do crazy shit, but I just chill through life. On IRC I'm either chaos_sorc or BLUEBERRY BITCH. Btw, BLUEBERRY BITCH is Mega Man's true identity, not me trying to look cool.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Sage Abdul

Username: Mooo
Shoddy Username: DAMOO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I have a good knowledge of the Metagame; Sets etc, but that means nothing if you aren't good at battling. I'm bad at team-building, but my worst flaw, is that when i make a decent team, i can't use it right. I want to learn team building skills, battling skills, maybe pick up a specific battling style (Offensive, Stall, etc). Please help. Thanks

Ps: I'm on Smogon IRC if that makes tutoring any easier :D

Assigned to undisputed

Username: Killadav2007
Shoddy Username: KD10
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST -12-10
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for a while, my first game was Gold. However, I didn't learn about competitive Pokemon until a bit after Peral came out, so I'm not completely new, but I'm not exactly a veteran. I've been really interested in OU.

My worst problem in terms of competitive battling is team building and prediction. Sometimes I predict fine, but my team has awful synergy. Sometimes my team has great synergy, but I make way too many mispredictions, and Team Building.

Assigned to Reverb

Username
: Requiem[9]
Shoddy Username: Requiem_9, Requiem_10
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain Time, I'm usually free from 6-10 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a while, about six months or so, and have gotten pretty good, but have been stuck around 1400-1450 CRE for a really long time. I think that I'd like to get rid of any bad habits in play I might have and get better at teambuilding, and try to crack the leaderboard. A specific skill that I'd like to work on is making new movesets and EV spreads; the movesets and EV spreads that I use aren't always standard, but most of the time, when they're not, with the EV spreads, they're copied or 252/252/4 affairs and, with the movesets, they're slight twists on the ones from the Strategy 'dex.

If that's not possible, I'd be happy having someone help me basic UU or Ubers.

As for me as a person, I'm a pretty standard 16, soon to be 17, year old Chinese kid. I like poker, manga, watching Starcraft, etc. A minor deviation is that I rather like creative writing too. I might need help with IRC, since, despite programming for pay, I'm pretty illiterate with the internet.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Sign-ups are now...CLOSED! We have more than enough applicants for now! Thanks to everyone who signed up. For all of those that missed it: once the queue clears a bit, we will open sign-ups again, so make sure to keep your eyes open! For those that signed up: you will be assigned a tutor when there's one readily available for you. So please, be patient!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program and how things work, don't hesitate to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)